Levi Stadium predicted to be as loud as Seattle's

LusciousJames

Reaction score
LusciousJames":1ew4muoc said:
SoHo9erFan":1ew4muoc said:
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/c...vis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.

That's the same general design as Philips Arena in Atlanta; all the luxury boxes/suites are stacked on one side. Did not really make things louder there; you wind up sacrificing any noise coming from that side (people in suites don't yell). One of the reasons CenturyLink works is because the footprint is smaller, and the stadium is more vertical than most others; the upper level, which rings the entire stadium, is closer to the field than most. The roof does reflect the noise, but proximity is more important.

I also have to think the fan base will be more, shall we say, white-collar than at Candlestick. The location (Santa Clara) and PSL price ($2K minimum for even the cheapest seats) may tend to keep some of the blue-collar fans from Candlestick away. White-collar people yell a lot less than blue-collar people. (Take it from a white-collar person.)

Apropos of nothing, but how come nobody ever listens to me? I am ALWAYS RIGHT. People should listen to me, dammit.

That is all.

Sac

Reaction score
LusciousJames":5dntjmge said:
LusciousJames":5dntjmge said:
SoHo9erFan":5dntjmge said:
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/c...vis-stadium-provide-better-viewing-experience

The vast majority of luxury boxes are located in an eight-level tower -- essentially, a 12-story building -- on the west side of the field. That means two things: One, there are no upper decks on the west side, just the lower bowl and the tower. And two, the east side upper decks can be closer to the ground -- because it does not sit atop multiple levels of luxury boxes.

That's the same general design as Philips Arena in Atlanta; all the luxury boxes/suites are stacked on one side. Did not really make things louder there; you wind up sacrificing any noise coming from that side (people in suites don't yell). One of the reasons CenturyLink works is because the footprint is smaller, and the stadium is more vertical than most others; the upper level, which rings the entire stadium, is closer to the field than most. The roof does reflect the noise, but proximity is more important.

I also have to think the fan base will be more, shall we say, white-collar than at Candlestick. The location (Santa Clara) and PSL price ($2K minimum for even the cheapest seats) may tend to keep some of the blue-collar fans from Candlestick away. White-collar people yell a lot less than blue-collar people. (Take it from a white-collar person.)

Apropos of nothing, but how come nobody ever listens to me? I am ALWAYS RIGHT. People should listen to me, dammit.

That is all.

Who are you?