Levi Stadium predicted to be as loud as Seattle's

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":144qe7al said:
lvnginhwktwn":144qe7al said:
I'm the "dumbass". You cant even understand a simple point. If there is nothing to talk about people cant make empty claims. Read my first sentence again.

Its pretty simple, whether it's your team or mine or some other team, if there is nothing like the things mentioned in the post you quoted, then there is nothing for anyone to accuse you of, cant make excuses for why you won, etc., etc..

Yes, you're the dumb ass who cares what anybody "thinks" about your team. It's not a coincidence that it's literally only 49er fans coming here to talk about PEDs or stadium noise. Saints fans have come in here and talked about football. Why? Because that's what matters...

Someone ban this transplant before he derails any more threads. He's had more than one opportunity to enhance his calm but he's proven that he's as emotional as a teenage girl with a low self esteem.

:49ersmall:

How am I derailing this thread, I believe this is the title "Levi Stadium predicted to be as loud as Seattle's".

Largent80

Reaction score
The only thing is, the Raiders will get better as the 9ers suck again and all those bandwagon people will be back in Oakland... :lol:

Not only that, but the games I have been in SF the crowd was maybe 1/4 at best as loud as Seattle in any stadium we ever played in Seattle.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Ironically, as you remember, Levis chose to use Russell Wilson for their marketing, even showcasing the city of Seattle :D
[youtube]Ja8SRzCtEVY[/youtube]

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":2d8olnby said:
The only thing is, the Raiders will get better as the 9ers suck again and all those bandwagon people will be back in Oakland... :lol:

Not only that, but the games I have been in SF the crowd was maybe 1/4 at best as loud as Seattle in any stadium we ever played in Seattle.

That really is one of the dumbest things I see on here on a regular basis.

Is there a 49er bandwagon? Of course. Is it populated with Raider fans? Hell freakin' no. Raider fans hate the Niners even more than Seattle fans do. Real brainiacs too. They wear their Sapp and Rice jersey thinking those guys started their careers in Oakland.

Marvin49

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":30u697wc said:
Marvin49":30u697wc said:
I miss your old avatar.

Had to axe it when my 10yr old daughter walked up just as i submitted a post... "Oh my God! What are you reading, Dad?"

LOL!!!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":333mwydo said:
Largent80":333mwydo said:

Is there a 49er bandwagon? Of course. Is it populated with Raider fans? Hell freakin' no. Raider fans hate the Niners even more than Seattle fans do. Real brainiacs too. They wear their Sapp and Rice jersey thinking those guys started their careers in Oakland.

Oh. So Steve Young jerseys are off limits for Niner fans? He started in Tampa just like Sapp, correct?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It would take a change in the fan experience to make it loud. I was trained as a teen to get loud. Even the loss in SF this year, they were not even close to the fans at the Clink. They actually had their moments, but it was intermittent and in a pattern. At the Clink, it is constant madness that only stops at long breaks and while the offense is on the field.

I think that it would be very cool for the rivalry if SF fans brought it. I think they are trying. It is obvious that this SEA/SF thing is no fluke. This thing is going to be around for a while.

Largent80

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kn9d50q said:
Largent80":1kn9d50q said:

Is there a 49er bandwagon? Of course. Is it populated with Raider fans? YES

Fixed

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":6kbfw927 said:
Marvin49":6kbfw927 said:
Largent80":6kbfw927 said:

Oh. So Steve Young jerseys are off limits for Niner fans? He started in Tampa just like Sapp, correct?

Kinda missing the point.

I got no problem with them wearing the jerseys...its that they don't have any idea those guys played on other teams and only ended up in Oakland in their twilight.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":2gssg4vh said:
Marvin49":2gssg4vh said:
Largent80":2gssg4vh said:

Is there a 49er bandwagon? Of course. Is it populated with Raider fans? YES

Fixed

uh...wow. You. Really. Got. Me. There.

Weak.

If you really think that Raider fans become Niner fans, you are even more clueless than I thought...and that's pretty clueless. All the hate you guys have for SF? You got nothing on Raider fans.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":2edcmyky said:
Scottemojo":2edcmyky said:
Marvin49":2edcmyky said:
Largent80":2edcmyky said:

Kinda missing the point.

I got no problem with them wearing the jerseys...its that they don't have any idea those guys played on other teams and only ended up in Oakland in their twilight.

No, I'm spot on. You think you can measure the intelligence of some Raider fan as lesser than your own because he doesn't meet your criteria for jersey wearing, which somehow in your slanted outlook makes him a lesser fan. Boldin is near the end of his career, do you think Niner fans who wear his jersey are stupid?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3l6r34at said:
Marvin49":3l6r34at said:
Scottemojo":3l6r34at said:
Marvin49":3l6r34at said:

Kinda missing the point.

No, I'm spot on. You think you can measure the intelligence of some Raider fan as lesser than your own because he doesn't meet your criteria for jersey wearing, which somehow in your slanted outlook makes him a lesser fan. Boldin is near the end of his career, do you think Niner fans who wear his jersey are stupid?[/quote]

Sigh....no....missing the point again.

Not talking about peeps who wear jerseys of players who used to be on other teams. I Have a Garrison Hearst jersey myself. I'm talking about them not having any clue who the guy was before he was a Raider. Moreover I'm talking about a few fans I've known specifically who owned those specific jerseys and talked to me about those players and didn't have the first clue.

Whats even more funny is that the part of my post about the jerseys was a throw away line. My larger point was that Raider fans DO NOT become Niner fans. Raider fans hate the 49ers more than Seahawks fans ever have.

Finally...I'm not even quite sure why you are arguing.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It'll never get as loud as Seattle because 49er fans just aren't like that. I've been to Candlestick about 20 times to watch football, from the late 70's all the way up to last season and it's never changed. Most of the fans in SF will watch the game and cheer occasionally, but it's a totally different vibe. SF fans are pretty reserved, and you will never see them standing and screaming through every down on defense.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Marvin49":2znmsmsi said:

Because every dumb thing you say is an opportunity for me to look intelligent. Duh.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Just to weigh in here:

Nah, Raiders fans ABSOLUTELY did not and have not become 9ers fans. No way. Not at all. Thinking Raiders fans have become 9ers fans b/c the 9ers are good right now and the Raiders aren't is kinda bizarre.

Raiders fans are intensely loyal. A couple seasons isn't going to do anything to them. Heck, Raiders fans in the Bay Area STAYED Raiders fans when the team moved to L.A. (it would be the equivalent of Seattle all being OKC Thunder fans, and OKC Thunder gear being all over the place in Seattle).

There is probably a generation of folks who came up when the Raiders were in LA and who would probably have been Raiders fans if the team were still there when they were growing up and who became 9ers fans instead (I'd put myself in this group), but that said, my dad was always a 9ers fans, and I have a lot of buddies who dad's stayed Raiders fans after the team left and they've been intense Raiders fans their whole lives too.

FWIW I do disagrew w/ Marvin about Raiders fans hating the 9ers more than Hawks fans. I don't think that's true. Raiders fans don't like the 9ers, but they don't obsess over them and come up with tons of zany reasons to justify their like some Hawks fans do (I don't know a SINGLE Raiders fan who does this; I know a fair number of Hawks fans who do). Maybe it would be different if they were in the same conference, and most likely it would be very different if they were in the same division.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ogghjwx said:
Marvin49":1ogghjwx said:

Because every dumb thing you say is an opportunity for me to look intelligent. Duh.

lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3k1tlu1r said:
Just to weigh in here:

Nah, Raiders fans ABSOLUTELY did not and have not become 9ers fans. No way. Not at all. Thinking Raiders fans have become 9ers fans b/c the 9ers are good right now and the Raiders aren't is kinda bizarre.

Raiders fans are intensely loyal. A couple seasons isn't going to do anything to them. Heck, Raiders fans in the Bay Area STAYED Raiders fans when the team moved to L.A. (it would be the equivalent of Seattle all being OKC Thunder fans, and OKC Thunder gear being all over the place in Seattle).

There is probably a generation of folks who came up when the Raiders were in LA and who would probably have been Raiders fans if the team were still there when they were growing up and who became 9ers fans instead (I'd put myself in this group), but that said, my dad was always a 9ers fans, and I have a lot of buddies who dad's stayed Raiders fans after the team left and they've been intense Raiders fans their whole lives too.

FWIW I do disagrew w/ Marvin about Raiders fans hating the 9ers more than Hawks fans. I don't think that's true. Raiders fans don't like the 9ers, but they don't obsess over them and come up with tons of zany reasons to justify their like some Hawks fans do (I don't know a SINGLE Raiders fan who does this; I know a fair number of Hawks fans who do). Maybe it would be different if they were in the same conference, and most likely it would be very different if they were in the same division.

I guess that's fair...but Raider hatred goes back ALOT further than Seahawk hatred does.

When the Niners were good in the 80's and 90's, all those Raider fans that remained Raider fans when the team moved to LA HATED everything Red and Gold. The loyalty of that fanbase is unparalleled.

I totally agree with the first part of your post. I wasn't even defending niner fans with my comment. I was actually defending RAIDER fans (something i can't believe I'm doing). They would NEVER jump ship and don the Red and Gold. Ever. Doesn't happen. Every Raider fan I know (and there are alot of them) was a Packer fan last week and a Panther fan this week.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ Good clarification. And yeah, the hate was definitely MUCH more intense back when the 9ers were in contention every year and Raiders fans had been abandoned by their team. For the most part these days it's basically just begruding acceptance and 999/1000 it's just good natured ribbing*

This is a little too "inside the family" to be posting on a Hawks board, but to be totally honest, I think as much as it has to do with the above, it has to do with changes in both of the fanbases. 15 years ago there were really huge race and class divides in the fanbases, which drove a lot of the dislike, IMO. Since then as the Norteños have adopted the 9ers as a team, those old school Raiders fans have stopped dismissing 9ers fans as just a bunch of smug yuppies, and as West Oakland, Lake Merritt, and Downtown have been gentrified and folks have been pushed out of Oakland, 9ers fans have stopped talking about Raiders fans in those "bigot-lite" coded ways that they used to.** It's much better IMO, as both fanbases are now much more representative of the the actual Bay and all of its diversity than they used to be, and the animosity doesn't take on that coded, non-football related subtext that it used to, or at least not NEARLY as much, IMO.

*Worth saying that I spent a couple days in Seattle wearing a 9ers beenie two weeks ago (would rather have not, but it was cold and it was the only beenie I had) and I got NOTHING but very friendly, good natured ribbing.

**Oddly enough, because of these changes, of the three teams it's now only Hawks fans who talk about NINERS FANS in this way, which is kinda funny if you know the history (which Hawks fans of course have no reason to know, given when they came to the division).

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I was thinking the other day, can the CLINK get louder?
The only way I see it, is if we brought back the wave.
The main reason beastquake happened, was the jumping up and down.
I bet if we did the wave it might get louder?