Like it or not....we are still #1

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
XL was referred by Bill Leavy n Co.

Back on topic - Being "the" standard those years in the league was the best feeling ever. The whole league started to change cause cause of us. The battlers with Harbaugh led niners were so epic! Ahh.. great times. I'll cherish it for a lifetime.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":mop97krd said:
Ed Hochuli winning SB XL was my most aggravating memory.

Bill Leavy actually, but AMEN. Still bothers me and probably always will.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37irmipm said:
And also taken away by Brady. Blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter, period. They didn't lose because of one play at the end of the game. They had 60 minutes to put up more points. Many things lead up to losing that game. Lane and Avril going out. Sherm, Kam and Earl playing thru pretty serious injuries. Butterfingers Kearse dropping a pass that would have put them in FG range in the 2nd half and likely put the game away. A great defensive play at the end of the game. And of course a crap play call.

Three of the LOB'rs playing with injuries...Bad luck for the Seahawks, had those three guys been full health, Brady would have had a hell of a lot tougher job making that come back.
Never should have come down to that final play to cinch a win.
BUT, Even with all our injuries, our Seahawks gave the Patriots all they could handle.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Aros":94eapz5t said:
ApnaHawk":94eapz5t said:
I will always be thankful for those 2 years. No matter what happens, those were the greatest 2 years I've ever been a part of rooting for any sports team. I know it ended the way it did, but what a great time it was.

Amen brother. Amazing two seasons back-to-back that I refuse to let how it ended dampen the fact that it was simply an exquisite time to be a 12.

This

We need more of this here

hannibalking

Reaction score
I’m fine with it. Yeah, the Seahawks should have won that game, but my line of thought is that if we’re going by what should have happened, then we wouldn’t even be in the Super Bowl because GB shouldn’t have blown the conference championship game against us.