Lock vs Geno- QB Starter Battle

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
My guess is geno is locked in for weeks 1-3. I’m guessing the last thing Pete wants is more of a media frenzy week 1 against russ. And geno vs Russ is better that lock vs russ. Thats their old guy vs ours. i think he rather geno be a scapegoat.

toffee

Reaction score
My guess is geno is locked in for weeks 1-3. I’m guessing the last thing Pete wants is more of a media frenzy week 1 against russ. And geno vs Russ is better that lock vs russ. Thats their old guy vs ours. i think he rather geno be a scapegoat.
I would like to think Pete wants to start the QB that will give him the best chance to win this "Must see TV", Pete live off this kind of opportunities. Unless he feel that none of these two will bring a W, then yes, he will start Geno and let him take the fall just to save Lock's confidence.

Rosco

Reaction score
I would like to think Pete wants to start the QB that will give him the best chance to win this "Must see TV", Pete live off this kind of opportunities. Unless he feel that none of these two will bring a W, then yes, he will start Geno and let him take the fall just to save Lock's confidence.
All HCs have big egos, and love to be proven right. There’s nothing PC would love more than to have Lock as the starter week 1 and win the game.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
All HCs have big egos, and love to be proven right. There’s nothing PC would love more than to have Lock as the starter week 1 and win the game.
But what Pete doesn’t want is Russ to blow out lock and start the season with that in locks head. Their defense is pretty good

Rosco

Reaction score
But what Pete doesn’t want is Russ to blow out lock and start the season with that in locks head. Their defense is pretty good
From PCs perspective Russ isn’t going to blowout lock and Lock is not going to crumble mentally over one loss.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Last play was on the lineman not Lock.

RB should have picked up Robinson. Not to mention, one lineman falling down while the other lineman picks up wrong guy.

Last edited:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Will being a FOP (friend of Pete) be enough for Geno to be a starter this year? It USED to be that the best player would generally get the job but I think that changed a few years ago.