Lockett!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22j6zj7i said:
Love this deal. First of all... We weren't keeping 11 picks.. I'm sure JS will trade back at some point and recoup the 5 or 6..

Secondly.. Lockett is very Golden Tate esque. He's small but plays bigger. I'm guessing Jaelen Strong's health scared off many teams including Seattle.

Lockett is going to be a stud for us.
Doesn't look very much like Tate as a player to me, and this is coming from a guy that watched every game Tate played in college.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure predictable bubble screen from the idiot who wouldn't run Lynch from the one but preferred a predictable slant in the last game. Whoopee!

Mojambo

Reaction score
Donk70":3un8vugv said:
Terrible! God, another midget receiver!

I find it hilarious, and a bit embarrassing, that a Seahawks fan would ever get so hung up on height.

Mojambo

Reaction score
chris98251":2t6mrquo said:
This also screams Darrell Bevell pick trying to get the Harvin effect, one of the commentators said something about making the bubble screens a threat due to his quickness.

Those plays didn't fail because they're not good plays. They failed because Harvin was whack.

They should absolutely make the bubble screen a part of the offense with Lockett, just like they had it with Tate.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Mojambo":ldptfy7o said:
chris98251":ldptfy7o said:
This also screams Darrell Bevell pick trying to get the Harvin effect, one of the commentators said something about making the bubble screens a threat due to his quickness.

Those plays didn't fail because they're not good plays. They failed because Harvin was whack.

They should absolutely make the bubble screen a part of the offense with Lockett, just like they had it with Tate.
Hopefully Bevell utilizes Lockett better than he did Harvin. He basically turned Harvin into an one trick jet sweep pony.

Fade

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ime033t said:
Clearly this guy is terrible

CD95vzlVAAAVJ3H

It is not about accolades it is about skill sets. Seattle didn't need another Doug Baldwin. They needed a Sidney Rice.

Jaelen Strong went 1 pick later.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If you weren't aware, Lockett is also a gunner, and we need one with Jeremy Lane likely out for the season.

I like the pick.

Fade

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":13h7u5bn said:
If you weren't aware, Lockett is also a gunner, and we need one with Jeremy Lane likely out for the season.

I like the pick.

special teamers can be had in later rounds ie Jeremy Lane 6th round pick.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2qv1kow7 said:

CD95vzlVAAAVJ3H
Career honors have nothing to do with how good a player will play in the NFL. Being successful in the NFL, and in college are two entirely different things. Many highly decorated Wide Receivers have failed to do anything in the NFL.

That being said I think Lockett will be a decent player, but I just don't feel like he is what the Seahawks offense needs. I don't think he'll ever be a huge playmaker in the NFL, though I feel like he has potential as a slot receiver.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
We got a 2nd round WR in the 3rd who covers 2 needs (return man and WR). Who cares his size? Really guys, you are starting to sound really stupid...

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Do you guys realize we went to the Superbowl with Brian Walters as our kick returner.....we went from having one of the most dynamic kick returners in the league to a guy whose job was simply "don't fumble".

Willyeye

Reaction score
SuperFreak":1736o995 said:
Four picks? I hate it. Not the player but they screwed the pooch and lost their minds moving up that was too much capital.

Lockett was considered to be the #1 PR and the #1 KR in college this year. He should be pretty similar to Tate as a WR. The good news is, we still have 6 picks left...2-4th's, 1-5th, 2-6th's, and 1-7th. Tomorrow should still be a fun day. I would imagine they have at least 2 O-Line guys already picked out in those last 6 picks. And they seem to do pretty well with UDFA's.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":27l5uk30 said:
Do you guys realize we went to the Superbowl with Brian Walters as our kick returner.....we went from having one of the most dynamic kick returners in the league to a guy whose job was simply "don't fumble".

Ha, every time Walters returned a punt I would say, "just catch it and go down!"

Willyeye

Reaction score
Fade":200rz1wh said:
onanygivensunday":200rz1wh said:

I like the pick.

Actually, I don't know of any gunner in the NFL who was also the #1 PR and the #1 KR in college. He's also ALREADY a great route runner...this kid could end up being a Pro Bowler.

Willyeye

Reaction score
Fade":38okgm2p said:
Hasselbeck":38okgm2p said:

CD95vzlVAAAVJ3H

It is not about accolades it is about skill sets. Seattle didn't need another Doug Baldwin. They needed a Sidney Rice.

Jaelen Strong went 1 pick later.

Jaelen Strong may be as good of a receiver as Lockett, but Strong has only returned 3 KO's in college for a 16-yard average...he may have never even made it to the 20-yard line. Lockett is the #1 KR and PR in college this year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Willyeye":3tmr8o3g said:
Fade":3tmr8o3g said:
onanygivensunday":3tmr8o3g said:

I like the pick.

Actually, I don't know of any gunner in the NFL who was also the #1 PR and the #1 KR in college. He's also ALREADY a great route runner...this kid could end up being a Pro Bowler.
Not as a wide receiver. I think he'll be a good player that can fulfill many different roles, but I don't think he'll ever be a 1000 yard receiver, especially in this offense.

Meeker

Reaction score
chris98251":1bwltj0k said:

Watched his highlights and didn't see a single screen. Saw an excellent route runner that gets separation, something Seattle has really lacked. Sets up his blocks very well on returns.