Lockett!

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":cb8e10c0 said:
Chukarhawk":cb8e10c0 said:
wow this was weird. WTF? and you pass on Strong?

If you've watched any of 'Hard Knocks' on HBO, Strong does not look good. So glad we took Lockett. He looks great as both a receiver and a returner.

It's important to recognize, there is a definite limit to what outsiders can see regarding these prospects. Obviously, Lockett has the kind of mental makeup that Seattle really covets. I'm guessing he cemented his value to Pete/John in the interview process. Maybe even elevated himself to a 'can't leave the draft without' kind of player that we see John refer to annually.

We paid a real King's ransom for Lockett. Quite obviously, we wanted both Clark and Lockett. And chose Clark first -- namely because his positional value meant he was worth more to other teams. I'm still of the opinion that Seattle was hoping for a big WR or a specific OL prospect to fall to 63. But reshuffled their options as the draft unfolded. I'd have been surprised if we made the trade for Lockett had we used 63 on a WR. So sometimes you just kind of get the better talent falling into your lap despite your plan A.

If indeed, we were looking at DGB + Morse/Marpet as our top options -- then I think fate smiled on us. Because it certainly looks at least in this early going that the two we got are much better players.

It certainly didn't appear that Seattle was all that interested in Strong at all.