Lockette on the Beastmode TD...

shawnsim

Reaction score
pmedic920":x1ijc143 said:
byau":x1ijc143 said:
DavidSeven":x1ijc143 said:
He cleared out like 3 or 4 different guys. Never gave up on the play for 80 freakin' yards. Unbelievable effort.

Yup... Rashad Johnson, then Rashad Johnson AGAIN, Patrick Peterson (out of bounds) and then Cromartie...

Holy catfish...

FIFY
Excellent fix.

rjas77

Reaction score
baumer64":thnnft7a said:
Check out the blocks he made on that run. At least 3 of them and all legal. Dude showed great speed and toughness!

Pedestrian...

Hawks46

Reaction score
baumer64":2y5x1ocn said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2y5x1ocn said:
His acceleration on that last block was truly impressive!
Yes that was unreal in that short of time to cover that much ground AND get in front to make the block!

Was going to post this as well. He really hustled to get that last block. Lynch would've made it in anyways, but Lock saved him a hit and he was able to to his TD celebration.

And to the OP: Lockette did look like he blocked #26 in the back.

mikeak

Reaction score
I LOVE the effort BUT

1) 1 block in the back
and
2) Blocks a guy right afterwards out of bounds, comes back in and makes another block

Good thing it wasn't a flag on that play

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
10865835_555658484537511_7477311031217918410_o.jpg

nolachawks

Reaction score
raisethe3":2m5re0f7 said:
That beastly run!

CJ2kTgf.gif

After making that block on the sideline, he turned on the jets. I can't remember seeing someone move so damn fast. As impressive Lynch was on that play, I was equally impressed by Lockette's speed.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
mikeak":2pnv0aj9 said:
I LOVE the effort BUT

1) 1 block in the back

Yeah, watching the GIF again and again, I have to say that I think we dodged a bullet on that one when no flag came out. It looks for all the world like he blocked 26 in the back right there at the sideline. If there's an explanation of how this wasn't a block in the back, I'd love to hear it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I don't think Lockette's potential block in the back was really all that much of a block. If you look at the head-on replays of it, you'll see Lynch truck Johnson with his helmet just as Lockette is reaching out to him. Lockette may have gotten a hand on him, but Lynch bulldozed through him like a Mack truck, and that's really what did the damage. And at worst, Lockette blocked him from the side, as he was already spinning around to face Lynch.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
raisethe3":3l3dikgw said:
That beastly run!

CJ2kTgf.gif

Man, Lockette really gave it his all that play. What an amazing effort. Great blocks 70 yards down the field.
Thanks for the gif too

byau

Reaction score
shawnsim":229xxr87 said:
pmedic920":229xxr87 said:
byau":229xxr87 said:
DavidSeven":229xxr87 said:
He cleared out like 3 or 4 different guys. Never gave up on the play for 80 freakin' yards. Unbelievable effort.

Yup... Rashad Johnson, then Rashad Johnson AGAIN, Patrick Peterson (out of bounds) and then Cromartie...

Holy catfish...

FIFY
Excellent fix.

Good work my friend

byau

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3m49wrxs said:
mikeak":3m49wrxs said:
I LOVE the effort BUT

1) 1 block in the back

Yeah, watching the GIF again and again, I have to say that I think we dodged a bullet on that one when no flag came out. It looks for all the world like he blocked 26 in the back right there at the sideline. If there's an explanation of how this wasn't a block in the back, I'd love to hear it.

Agreed on that one. Block was just a tad bit early, Rashad was starting to turn and would have been a side block.

Honestly, if you look at the angle and how Rashad had to slow down and turn, Lynch would have ran right over him, too bad it didn't work out that way.

legend38

Reaction score
Lockette was great on that play but Richardson makes the play in the first five yards...

Torc

Reaction score
It may not have looked like a block in the back to the ref at full speed because Johnson fell on his back. But it could easily have been called.

djb28

Reaction score
OMG. Why are we not sending him down the lines for some bombs? He would blow by any corner in this league!

Smellyman

Reaction score
legend38":3lewc7zo said:
Lockette was great on that play but Richardson makes the play in the first five yards...

I mentioned that in another thread as well. He really threw hs little 170 pounds in the scrum.

He sacrificed himself and did well.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
pmedic920":2udqskfc said:
The fact that he got that last block, @ the goal line, is truly amazing.

How the hell did he get back into that play?
He's really fast.