Long Snapper Clint Gresham released

Meeker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1y2ydi1q said:
After the Minnesota Miracle Miss, you've got to appreciate a good long snapper.

That was on the long snapper?

Seahawks fans should remember the post J.P. Darche days

drdiags

Reaction score
Basis4day":2dtrl573 said:
drdiags":2dtrl573 said:
Really bums me sometimes that other teams have bloggers and local media that give deeper background details on players performances and not just speculation but comments from coaches.

There are plenty of blogs that go into performances of the players, FieldGulls being a fantastic example. Same for seahawksdraftblog.

As far as getting deeper than That speaks to the FO's ability to plug leaks, which is a good thing.

Take a more extreme example. How many other teams would have been able to hide the fact that Harvin and Tate got into a fist fight the week of the Superbowl? I'm REALLY glad it didn't get out. You take the good with the bad.

Sure, they can give you empircal data that you could then extrapolate to a player not performing or being in trouble but that isn't straight from the horse's mouth. Sure, it is a good sign that the team runs a tight ship but I haven't seen a Seahawk coach sit down and talk scheme with fans since "Knox Talks Hawks" (he drove me crazy with that coach's clicker). Speaks to accessibility. I applaud the FGulls of the world but they are left filling the blank a lot of the time. Oh well, that was back in the stone age so I need to catch up.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Stupid. I don't like this at all.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Sucks but I get it. I always wondered why a team like ours, that values guys playing multiple roles, paid a guy just to long snap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Meeker":1pp46gdz said:
MontanaHawk05":1pp46gdz said:
After the Minnesota Miracle Miss, you've got to appreciate a good long snapper.

That was on the long snapper?

Seahawks fans should remember the post J.P. Darche days

Yup. The 2007 game vs. the Saints still gives me nightmares. We probably lost at least 2 games in 2007 just because of our crappy long snapper.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pmedic920":2r2bv5vq said:
I hate this move.

Is Nate Boyer a viable option?

I know he has worked hard and was in camp for awhile last year.
He has a warm/ fuzzy back story.

We have another long snapper on the roster.

Why would you want Nate Boyer other than his feel good story?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Remember a few years ago (may have been in the Holmgren days) when we had long snapper problems galore? Hope this doesn't happen again.

Blaze

Reaction score
I always felt pretty fortunate to have Gresham as our LS, I'm sure the FO knows what they're doing but all the same this doesn't feel right

Basis4day

Reaction score
drdiags":2e9af3st said:
Basis4day":2e9af3st said:
drdiags":2e9af3st said:
Really bums me sometimes that other teams have bloggers and local media that give deeper background details on players performances and not just speculation but comments from coaches.

There are plenty of blogs that go into performances of the players, FieldGulls being a fantastic example. Same for seahawksdraftblog.

As far as getting deeper than That speaks to the FO's ability to plug leaks, which is a good thing.

Take a more extreme example. How many other teams would have been able to hide the fact that Harvin and Tate got into a fist fight the week of the Superbowl? I'm REALLY glad it didn't get out. You take the good with the bad.

Sure, they can give you empircal data that you could then extrapolate to a player not performing or being in trouble but that isn't straight from the horse's mouth. Sure, it is a good sign that the team runs a tight ship but I haven't seen a Seahawk coach sit down and talk scheme with fans since "Knox Talks Hawks" (he drove me crazy with that coach's clicker). Speaks to accessibility. I applaud the FGulls of the world but they are left filling the blank a lot of the time. Oh well, that was back in the stone age so I need to catch up.

Like they did at the Seahawks Town Hall?

http://www.seahawks.com/video/2015/06/0 ... all-replay

drdiags

Reaction score
Basis4day":2x3f87uu said:

Yeah, they did expand last year. Before that it was a pep rally. Once a year is okay I guess, but I want more. You feel we are good so let's agree to disagree and call it a day. Unless you want to me to admit I am wrong and you are right. Will that be enough? You are 100% correct. I am just talking out the side of my mouth.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":yb5jok9c said:
Remember a few years ago (may have been in the Holmgren days) when we had long snapper problems galore? Hope this doesn't happen again.

2007. It made me never take a good long snapper for granted ever again.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Since Lynch hasn't officially retired yet, the 'Hawks are still carrying his salary right now. Once he officially retires or the 'Hawks cut him, we could potentially resign Gresh. Cap space being at such a premium right now, not surprised with the move.

May see others go ( not sure who else clears substantial space not named Graham) before June 1 or at best some restructures.

As for losing a comp pick. I know the front office likes having these, but I doubt they would not make a move based on a comped 5th rounder.

Also, if not mistaken, Gresh has been around awhile. His vet minimum salary is probably higher than a younger LS who could potentially play another position.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Basis4day":1dmttxwz said:
We have another long snapper on the roster.

Why would you want Nate Boyer other than his feel good story?

IDK Bro, that was my knee jerk reaction to the news.
I really liked #49 and wasn't thinking about the current roster or salary cap.
7e33ddc1ff3c2b739f08da1bda29bea9.jpg

3111b76685ed7ca384945429c404a2ab.jpg

I'm big on "team chemistry" and think of him as one of the "good" ingredients.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":35uk7a11 said:
Jville":35uk7a11 said:
The plot thickens .............. [tweet]https://twitter.com/Bradley60Sowell/status/708858601876676608[/tweet]

[urltargetblank]https://www.instagram.com/p/BC4Nbw4KQJU/[/urltargetblank]

Two birds, one stone.

I apologize. I don't get "it".

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I get that people don't like this move, but a lot of those same people underestimated our salary cap situation and the cost of bad moves the last few years.

Every million that gets wasted on bad deals is a million less we have to play around with.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
His salary was $760,000. This does almost nothing to help the cap situation.

kf3339

Reaction score
Just to save a few hundred thousand per year makes no sense to me. You realize this when the LS to replace him with screws up and costs you a game. Remember this happening before under Holmgren? We replaced a guy (can't remember name) who went to KC and the replacement was horrible. We went thru several to get a below average guy. So I hope this doesn't bite us in the ass. :?