LOS

kmedic

Reaction score
Today's game was lost at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Even to the amateur eye, it was pretty obvious which line was pushing whose at the snap of the ball, and it wasn't the guys with the Seahawks helmets. You can say what you want about RW playing poorly, bad play calling, using our fourth and fifth string cornerbacks, or poor officiating, but the bottom line is we got outphysicaled today in a big way. Credit to them. Personally, I miss guys like Red Bryant, Clinton McDonald, and Breno Giacomini, but the team is what it is at this point. And to me it clearly ain't the one that we won the SB with. We live and die with this roster. I think we make the playoffs but sputter in the first or second round.

marko358

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":3fqmwim8 said:
That Jarred Allen signing sounds pretty good about now....
I didn't see what he did today but he's been a no show leading up to today's game in Atlanta.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They look very average so far on both lines.

Nowhere near dominating.

Thus far, Lynch and Wilson have pulled us out a few wins in games we would have struggled and even then, those were close.

I think Kam getting hurt really hurt us and our belief that we could just replace key offensive players like interchangeable parts really hurt us too. Can you imagine how screwed we would have been had Lynch actually held out or demanded a trade? Yikes.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Dude for sure... Makes me nervous about next year... We better re-sign Lynch at any cost. He is the SEAHAWKS! Without him, our OC will use Percy as a RB

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
I don't think enough people appreciate the loss of Clinton McDonald. He may have not had a ton of sacks last season but his interior pressure led to a bunch of sacks from Avril and Bennett. When was the last time either of those guys have gotten a sack? To me, that has directly led to more explosive pass plays, similar to 2012. Unfortunately, I don't think you can scheme your way to better interior pass rush unless you blitz more, which has its own risks. Like I said, we're stuck with the personnel we have for the rest of the season so I will expect to continue to see more long bombs down the field, especially now that Maxwell is out.

morgulon1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2blg14gq said:
They look very average so far on both lines.

Nowhere near dominating.

Thus far, Lynch and Wilson have pulled us out a few wins in games we would have struggled and even then, those were close.

I think Kam getting hurt really hurt us and our belief that we could just replace key offensive players like interchangeable parts really hurt us too. Can you imagine how screwed we would have been had Lynch actually held out or demanded a trade? Yikes.

Yes what you said plus it looked like Dallas was fresh and ready to go and we didn't . I don't think were as bad as people
on here are saying yet I don't think were as good as last year. I have faith that maybe they will learn from this. The
Cowboys came in and won this game so my hats off to them. This is probably their biggest win in a long time.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
We got dominated in every area of the game, the only unit on our team that stood out was special teams..........which is not what you want to hear or say after a game.

hoxrox

Reaction score
kmedic":rn2zmnmc said:
I don't think enough people appreciate the loss of Clinton McDonald. He may have not had a ton of sacks last season but his interior pressure led to a bunch of sacks from Avril and Bennett. When was the last time either of those guys have gotten a sack? To me, that has directly led to more explosive pass plays, similar to 2012. Unfortunately, I don't think you can scheme your way to better interior pass rush unless you blitz more, which has its own risks. Like I said, we're stuck with the personnel we have for the rest of the season so I will expect to continue to see more long bombs down the field, especially now that Maxwell is out.

Yeah I miss McDonald on passing downs. His replacements aren't getting it done.

Bennett's now good for at least 1 penalty per game also.. not currently playing up to his pay check.

And Red was not only a huge factor on Run D - he was also the heart of this defense.

Last year's D-line also made the secondary a lot better.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I've been noticing tons of peeps saying that the Seahawks need to resign Lynch but he's under contract for 2015.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I've been noticing tons of peeps saying that the Seahawks need to resign Lynch but he's under contract for 2015.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yes he is but others assume he needs to be cut to pay RW the big$$$ ..I disagree with that route..

Anthony!

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2ydozaqf said:
Yes he is but others assume he needs to be cut to pay RW the big$$$ ..I disagree with that route..

We do not need to Cut Lynch to keep RW, however if we did we would Franchise QBs are harder to find than RBs even ones like Lynch. When and if we loose Lynch we will need to be prepared which means get a good pass protecting o-line and a true #1. The issue now is our o-line cannot pass block and we have no true #1 wr. Imagines RW with say Dez, or Indys Wr and o-line both are top 10. That is were our problem is they want to throw more, and they have the QB to do it, but the o-line and WR are not./

Latest posts