Love the teams mindset and focus

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
I hope the team can keep this mindset until they win the superbowl. If they can stay this focused, I don't see anyone beating them this year.

"I'm not even worried about that right now," said Earl Thomas, the brilliant free safety for a unit that allowed a season-low 181 yards and picked off Eli Manning five times. "We're going to keep grinding and get ready for the next opponent."

"We've got a game next week," wide receiver Doug Baldwin said. "That's all we're focused on."

"During the week, anticipating the return-to-New York queries, Seahawks captains demanded that players respond accordingly.

Straying from that message would not go over well in the locker room."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... g/4035039/

maybe its been talked about, but I love to hear about the team captains taking control, and keeping the team focused. If only they could have convinced Thurmond to buy in.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk4lyfe":33ul7or5 said:
I hope the team can keep this mindset until they win the superbowl. If they can stay this focused, I don't see anyone beating them this year.

"I'm not even worried about that right now," said Earl Thomas, the brilliant free safety for a unit that allowed a season-low 181 yards and picked off Eli Manning five times. "We're going to keep grinding and get ready for the next opponent."

"We've got a game next week," wide receiver Doug Baldwin said. "That's all we're focused on."

"During the week, anticipating the return-to-New York queries, Seahawks captains demanded that players respond accordingly.

Straying from that message would not go over well in the locker room."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... g/4035039/

maybe its been talked about, but I love to hear about the team captains taking control, and keeping the team focused. If only they could have convinced Thurmond to buy in.

I played that little video at the end of the write-up, and at the end of that "Video", you could hear someone saying "There ain't no doubt about who the best corner is anymore"
Loved how these guys all stated that they still have to stay on track, because THIS win is now in the past, and the only thing they are spending their focus on, is the NEXT game.
It's what's in front, not what's behind.

drdiags

Reaction score
The pre-game pump up by MRob must have missed the memo because he is on camera saying they will be back for the Superbowl which was right up there with Sherman's "This is nothing more than a glorified practice". Same with Earl coming off the field and cameramen catching him saying the team will be back in February. Maybe the cameras could give these guys a little me time once in awhile. Some things are not meant for public consumption.

Our local guys are dweebs, so I expect them to get carried away with asking Pete and the team about playing in NY. It is the national dudes that are just trolling to spark some controversy by repeatedly asking the Superbowl-centric questions. Those same people will be the first to mention the audacity the Seahawks had in thinking they would make should the team stumble. Reporters now seem to want to create the news instead of reporting it.

Off soapbox.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the occasional comment. The Super Bowl has been their goal since just after that loss in Atlanta. As long as they still focus primarily on one game at a time and not take any win for granted, it's all good.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Sherman saw a quarterback entering the game with 20 interceptions, and admits, "I wanted to take advantage of him. But it's easy to see a guy with 20 picks and then he comes out and throws for five TDs on you. So we had to be disciplined, give him his total respect. We studied our butts off."

This was my favorite part. Helps me believe this team will not lose focus. Freaking awesome! Go Hawks!!

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Long term goals are important too as long as you keep them in perspective related to your short term goals. Also, if you note the short term goals all aid in leading to the long term goal. No worries, all is still good.

Latest posts