Seahawks Draft review and Grade

Kailjag31

Reaction score
The Seahawks just finished Days 1 and 2 of the Draft so I’m gonna review it and grade it

Pick 5: Devon Witherspoon

This pick did surprise me when the announced it. I thought it was going to be Jalen Carter but I know they had concerns
About him. I think Devon Witherspoon was a great pick by the Seahawks. I think Pete Carroll is trying to bring back that legion of boom defense and I like it. I think we’ll have a good secondary, and he will fit in with the rest of our corners. Grade: A

Pick 20: Jaxon Smith-Njigba

I really like this pick. I can’t believe the best wide receiver in the draft fell to 20 and we got to pick him. I think he will pair really good with DK and Tyler Lockett and will be a great addition to our offense. I think he will be a great fit in Seattle, and will be a good receiver. Grade: A

Day 2

Pick 37: Derrick Hall

I like this pick because we got the edge rusher we needed. he is 6,3 254 pounds, I think he will be a beast on the field. He’s going to be explosive and be a big part of are defense. Grade: B+

Pick 52: Zach Charbonnet

A lot of people are calling us a bad pic, but they also said that about Kenneth Walker last year and we know how that turned out. I think he will be a good part of our running back here and help out. K9 next year. I think he might need some time to develop and be a good running back
Grade: B

Pick 83: Traded

The Seahawks traded pick 83 to Denver for pick 108 and a 2024 Third Round pick.

I gave the entire draft for the Seahawks a A I think they did really good on drafting like they did last year. I think our team has a bright future and we might make the playoffs next year.

Last edited:

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The Seahawks just finished Days 1 and 2 of the Draft so I’m gonna review it and grade it

This pick did surprise me when the announced it. I thought it was going to be Jalen Carter but I know they had concerns
About him. I think Devon Witherspoon was a great pick by the Seahawks. I think Pete Carroll is trying to bring back that legion of boom defense and I like it. I think we’ll have a good secondary, and he will fit in with the rest of our corners. Grade: A

I really like this pick. I can’t believe the best wide receiver in the draft fell to 20 and we got to pick him. I think he will pair really good with DK and Tyler Lockett and will be a great addition to our offense. I think he will be a great fit in Seattle, and will be a good receiver. Grade: A

Day 2

I like this pick because we got the edge rusher we needed. he is 6,3 254 pounds, I think he will be a beast on the field. He’s going to be explosive and be a big part of are defense. Grade: B+

A lot of people are calling us a bad pic, but they also said that about Kenneth Walker last year and we know how that turned out. I think he will be a good part of our running back here and help out. K9 next year. I think he might need some time to develop and be a good running back

I gave the entire draft for the Seahawks a A I think they did really good on drafting like they did last year. I think our team has a bright future and we might make the playoffs next year.
No grade on the pick trade? A+++.

Chawker

Reaction score

Day 2

This is your first post, and you're handing out grades ? Who are you ? Try building some board cred first. I'm sure you are a great person and a true blue fan and all, but enjoy the draft and do this next year. We'd just like to know you better first. Welcome to dot net.

Cheers

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Good stuff. Agree in the overall assessment.

I'm also high on the Charbonnet pick. It's like pairing Aaron Jones an AJ Dillon in Green Bay. They are perfect compliments. By midseason I think .net will love the pick to the same way they fell in love with K9.

Hall + Mafe is an exciting pairing in the future. Both are powerful OLBs and signal that Seattle has moved away from the Bruce Irvin, Frank Clark, Darrell Taylor body type in favor of more powerful edge setters.

vonstout

Reaction score
I give it a B. The best pick was Njigba. I love Spoon (I’m an Illinois grad), but we had bigger needsand even if we traded down and didn’t get him, it’s the deepest position in the draft. Hall appears to be a power player, but supposedly got shut down by the better tackles. I think he might be better against the run than Some of the edge guys picked after him, so that might have been why they took him. I think they could have taken him later. The RB is my biggest complaint. Again, I am glad we got him but it was too early. Should have taken JMS. I am sure we tried to trade down, but I don’t know how we couldn’t have found trade partners since there were so many trades before and after most of our picks. I hope we take OL and DL/Edge with all our remaining picks with maybe a MLB or TE. If you have a strong OL, I thing several RBs could have been good change of pace backs for Walker.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
This is your first post, and you're handing out grades ? Who are you ? Try building some board cred first. I'm sure you are a great person and a true blue fan and all, but enjoy the draft and do this next year. We'd just like to know you better first. Welcome to dot net.

Cheers
Didn’t know others needed permission to make a post with their own views. There are a lot of us that don’t post much and forgot more about football and Hawks history than most.

D

DomeHawk

Day 2

I can't disagree but I am a little higher on Derick Hall not necessarily because of how good he is but because of need. He looks like a Bobby Wagner clone, let's just hope he plays like him too!

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I can't disagree but I am a little higher on Derick Hall not necessarily because of how good he is but because of need. He looks like a Bobby Wagner clone, let's just hope he plays like him too!
He's an edge guy not an ILB. He played edge, every analyst has him as an edge, Pete stated definitively in the presser that Hall was an edge guy. Why compare him to Bobby?

HawksNation

Reaction score

Cheers
Bro come on, let the kid post

D

DomeHawk

He's an edge guy not an ILB. He played edge, every analyst has him as an edge, Pete stated definitively in the presser that Hall was an edge guy. Why compare him to Bobby?
I see him listed as an OLB that can also play edge. When I said he's a BW clone I meant in appearance and speed. They're almost identical. He brings versatility, they didn't draft him to just play edge.

Last edited by a moderator:

getnasty

Reaction score
I see him listed as an OLB that can also play edge. When I said he's a BW clone I meant in appearance and speed. They're almost identical. He brings versatility, they didn't draft him to just play edge.
Yes they did. That might be 3-4 outside linebacker or a 4-3 defensive end but he's playing outside. Zach Charbonnet is probably a better comparison to Wagner then Derrick Hall.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score

Cheers
On the other hand, just being a group newbie doesn't meant that he/she couldn't process great football knowledge :) AND, he/she could be reincarnation of of a former member? Just saying lol.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Good comps are based on play style as much as physical measurables. BW is a horrible comp for Hall.

Latest posts