Love this Draft

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
In fact we will win more games this year than we did last year, even with average QB play. How many games last year did the Hawks win solely because of RW? I can think of a few they lost because of RW.

I'll take that $1000 bet on the above. No way in hell they win more games this season. 4 or 5 wins is the ceiling unless they bring in a different QB other than Lock and Smith.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I will put up $1000 that the Hawks are not the worst team in the league. In fact we will win more games this year than we did last year, even with average QB play. How many games last year did the Hawks win solely because of RW? I can think of a few they lost because of RW.
So you’re saying we will get average QB play?

Dallashawksfan

Reaction score
I will put up $1000 that the Hawks are not the worst team in the league. In fact we will win more games this year than we did last year, even with average QB play. How many games last year did the Hawks win solely because of RW? I can think of a few they lost because of RW.
You can trash Russ all you want but he is 100x better than Geno. You may lose some game with Russ but you can’t win any game with Geno

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
You can trash Russ all you want but he is 100x better than Geno. You may lose some game with Russ but you can’t win any game with Geno
Never trashed Russ. If you read all my posts I indicate that I loved Russ. Just implied as some of the posters think he is NOT the second coming of Christ and the last 3 years has seen his play deteriorate and everyone wants to blame PC and the OL etc etc.

BTW we won 7 games with Travaris Jackson twice, Geno wont be the starter, and I believe that this team will start wining again and be 2024 SB champs.

GemCity

Reaction score
I'll take that $1000 bet on the above. No way in hell they win more games this season. 4 or 5 wins is the ceiling unless they bring in a different QB other than Lock and Smith.
Let me front the other $500 pitt.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Be care full I bet $1000 that the Hawks would NOT have the worst record in the NFL and the 1st pick overall. I am willing to take that bet with you. I then added my belief that they would win 8 games. Not that I was betting $1000 on 8 games, you actually need to read the post. Not carefully cut and paste only part of it.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score

Here's something interesting but not surprising as how it was mentioned before that many people didn't feel like Seattle reached on any players, but compared to all the other teams, we chose more picks that were in the range that we picked them than every other team except for the Panthers.

John63

Reaction score
Don't have a feeling one way or the other on the draft. None fo these grades mean anything till we see them play and how they are used, and more than likely a couple years of seeing them play. That said given our recent historty on drafting not feeling good about it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Don't have a feeling one way or the other on the draft. None fo these grades mean anything till we see them play and how they are used, and more than likely a couple years of seeing them play. That said given our recent historty on drafting not feeling good about it.
You could always evaluate the prospects yourself to form a real opinion on the matter.

hoxrox

Reaction score
There were no reaches or head scratchers in this draft. If anything, mostly steals, acquiring players much later than where they were projected to be taken. Based on that, you should have some enthusiasm about this year's draft class, if not from a team needs standpoint, then from a value standpoint.

John63

Reaction score
There were no reaches or head scratchers in this draft. If anything, mostly steals, acquiring players much later than where they were projected to be taken. Based on that, you should have some enthusiasm about this year's draft class, if not from a team needs standpoint, then from a value standpoint.
Till I see them play not really. I have never been big on all this as it relates to the draft till I see them play. FA that is different we have some idea what they can do in the NFL. Draft not really. The only positive is they seemed to target needs but again who they got could be the next big thing or another waste. we will see.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Till I see them play not really. I have never been big on all this as it relates to the draft till I see them play. FA that is different we have some idea what they can do in the NFL. Draft not really. The only positive is they seemed to target needs but again who they got could be the next big thing or another waste. we will see.
This is the sort of attitude that leads to imperfect criticism of result, rather than process.

We should probably aim to judge the process by which decisions are made, rather than aspiring to cherry-picked hindsight takes.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. For me, it's largely about alignment. The sports talking heads don't talk about this very often. But for the first time in a long time, the people they drafted seem to align with the sort of team they say they want to be. Looked at from an organizational behavior perspective, this team's been a $hit$how for a number of years, now.

This draft looks to be evidence that they're pulling out of it.

Value is the other part of this. It's hard to get at. But every pick outside of Cross (who wasn't a reach or anything) seems to have gone after projected ranges.