Lower Leg Fracture

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Those darn big ass hammies I tell yah...

(P.S., feel bad for Earl. He's been playing hard to up his value in the league. This will put a big ??? on his longer term viability and likely lower his overall value. It's a tough sport that can cut years and tens of millions of dollars off a guy's earning potential. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.)

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I am seeing this as a glass half full thing. First I hope Earl has a quick and full recovery. But if you believe we are not going to do anything this season and it is a developmental season then this is actually a good thing. We all know Earl will not be with us next year regardless of injury. We can now see what we have behind him and give a new safety some playing time and seasoning. Also Earl kind of represents the vestige of an era gone by. Lets start a new era.

I would love to see Earl on the sidelines at games and practice helping develop the new era. Buuut I think it is unlikely. But I can always hope.

pmedic920

Reaction score
edogg23":2faldms3 said:
And this is exactly why the Seahawks were correct in not giving him an early extension.

Yes but.....

It’s also exactly why he wanted the new deal.

I’m glad we held out.
Hope he heals and gets a deal someplace. Hopefully it’s not a division rival. Preferably the AFC.

crosfam

Reaction score
pmedic920":2d1a0qlz said:
edogg23":2d1a0qlz said:
And this is exactly why the Seahawks were correct in not giving him an early extension.

Yes but.....

It’s also exactly why he wanted the new deal.

I’m glad we held out.
Hope he heals and gets a deal someplace. Hopefully it’s not a division rival. Preferably the AFC.

Franchise tag! oh wait, Frank Clark... Then Russ after next year.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":3306yibh said:
Hawkfish":3306yibh said:
Wonder what JS is thinking now. Could of had a second rounder, now nothing. Hawks suck at playing poker.

Not necessarily a s bad as it could have been.

I’d say “push”

Or he heals up, gets healthy and comes back in time for a playoff PUSH. Go Hawks!

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Earl broke his leg as the best safety in the league. I wish him the best if he wants to return and I hope I don't see him in any other uniform.

The LOB left it all out on the field, each and every one of them. Nothing but respect for those guys.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
BullHawk33":1w03t5eh said:
Earl broke his leg as the best safety in the league. I wish him the best if he wants to return and I hope I don't see him in any other uniform.

The LOB left it all out on the field, each and every one of them. Nothing but respect for those guys.

Can't argue with that.

Today was really the final nail in the coffin of that once-great era.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
NFL network said he gave our bench the finger while he was being taken out...

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
He did. Flipped our bench off on his way out with a total eff you face on. Go back and read his lips of what he was saying to the Cardinals on his way out. He's not playing for us again. That's almost a certainty

Scorpion05

Reaction score
On the one hand, it shows why he held out. Trying to secure and guarantee his future and a future for his family. On the other hand, it shows why the NFL is a cut throat business

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3kgya1qz said:
On the one hand, it shows why he held out. Trying to secure and guarantee his future and a future for his family. On the other hand, it shows why the NFL is a cut throat business

I like Earl but his anger is misplaced. Seahawks have done nothing wrong. He is playing under a contract. Plain and simple. It is not like they are not paying him. Yes he wants more money and another contract but hat does not mean he is being cheated. Yes his situation sucks but it is what it is. Nobody cheated him. He is showing his immaturity/greed.

toffee

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1t85pest said:
Thats why we didn't pay him.

Good move. No it's not selfish, no it's not unfair.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OpHawk

Reaction score
bigcc":37d7k9je said:
Mad Dog":37d7k9je said:
I knew it the second I saw the collision.

Fortunately it’s not a career ended so Thomas can make his 8 million hanging out in Texas and sign with Dallas in the offseason.

Thanks for the memories Earl.

It's not even necessarily a season ending, or even Half a season ending injury... Stress fracture=6-8 weeks

Did that look like a stress fracture to you?

SeaChat

Reaction score
I hate like hell to see Earl injured again and to the same leg that betrayed him before. I’ll say this without emphasizing the “I told you so”, to much. When Earl first announced his plans to set out and demand a trade or a long term contract, and it was clear the home office wasn’t going down that path again after the Kam fiasco, I was all for trading him away, because I worried his heart wasn’t with the Seahawks anymore,?he made it crystal clear that he wanted a divorce from the 12 and a fat juicy contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

I saw the writing on the wall when he announced he wasn’t going to suit up and show up for practices and training like all the other players are mandated to. Any professional athlete knows that the best way to minimize your risk of injury, is to stay in peak condition. Even then it will only diminish your possibilities of injury.

Earl knows this better than anyone in the game, and he also had to have contemplated that, his safety first philosophy to avoid injury, and cinch himself a fat sassy contract at seasons end, might very well backfire on him. Well folks it did today in Arizona where it happened before. Hindsight is always 20/20.

In his first injury the 12 all stood firmly and unanimously honored his contract and showed all the love and support a player could ask for during his recovery efforts. That was then and this is now. Since Earl sat out the first half of his current contract, with his reinjury combined, and ran off Dow the tunnel at the Cowboys to announce his lifetime loyalties to his beloved Cowboys, and in the process, embarrassed and humiliated his teammates, coaches, fans and the Seahawks home office personnel who sign his contracts and paychecks.

Then he does everything he can to try and force our hand and get us to give him to the Cowboys for a song and a dance, who didn’t want to gamble in his longevity either. They offered some trade and would have paid him as much as the Seahawks were bound to for this season, but it didn’t appear that they were all that interested in giving Earl the big bucks extended contract he was demanding fro Seattle either.

If you read back thru some of my prior post I cited that Earl didn’t look or play like the Earl of old, and thAt he kept gimping off the field at the end of plays when he had to pursue missed tackles down the field, grabbing at the back of his rehabilitated leg. I hoped it would all heal up and that he’d fully heal up and return this season.

This season, Earl to his credit, was giving it his all when he was on the field for us, but not as well as he played for us prior to his previous leg break. He is such a talented baller, that even not recovered, he played better than about anyone else in the NFL in his position could play.

I’m not saying we should turn our backs on Earl, that in spite of the chitty way he has treated us, and the piss poor approach he returned to play for, dictating that if he so much as had a toe ache he was going to set out practice, so not to possibly sustain an injury that would jeopardize his leverage for a fat long term deal with the Seahawks. I remember thinking to myself when I was listening to his rant, that sure as hell, as fate would have it, he was going to end up injured for the same reason as he used to avoid getting injured.

If, and it’s a big if, Earl is able to recover from this present injury, and finish out the season, and do so with the same fire and dedication as everyone else in the team, and show a little genuine humility regarding the way he crapped on all the people that have cared and cheered him on since day one in the NFL, I would not object to signing Earl to a 3 or even a 4 year deal at whatever the going rate is in the league for a free safety.

I guess for now it’s going to be a wait and see, I’m curious to hear from Earl, and what he’s got to say about things as they are now. I know I was miffed when he came back to practice and went on the rant about not forgetting the disrespect shown to him? Which is how a lot of us felt about his Cowboy fiasco. I hope when all is said and done, Earl realizes who has had and who will continue to have his back from day one.

Go Seahawks!

potatohead

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":24bazmwe said:
Scorpion05":24bazmwe said:

I like Earl but his anger is misplaced. Seahawks have done nothing wrong. He is playing under a contract. Plain and simple. It is not like they are not paying him. Yes he wants more money and another contract but hat does not mean he is being cheated. Yes his situation sucks but it is what it is. Nobody cheated him. He is showing his immaturity/greed.

I saw the finger but I wasn’t sure who it was directed at or if it was possibly a joke. If he really was flipping off the team, the guy is really a classless loser, which is really sad to say because he was once my favourite player.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
potatohead":264r7rpd said:
Year of The Hawk":264r7rpd said:
Scorpion05":264r7rpd said:

I saw the finger but I wasn’t sure who it was directed at or if it was possibly a joke. If he really was flipping off the team, the guy is really a classless loser, which is really sad to say because he was once my favourite player.

It's been reported he was fingering the seahawks...one last classless gesture from a guy that just played his last game here...Good! Not wishing for him to be hurt but the guy has zero class. Everything he did here has been tarnished by his poor me attitude. We should of traded him when we had the chance but hindsight is that...and now we get nothing. Have fun in Dallas next year Earl..hope you heal and get your money to feed your kids...

James in PA

Reaction score
Both sides can play the “I told you so” game. Earl is saying “this is exactly why I wanted security. I just lost millions.” Pete & John are saying “this is why we didn’t want to give a guy soon to be in his 30’s a monster contract.”

Earl lost millions. We lost the ability to trade him. No winners here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semiahmoo

Reaction score
James in PA":wc54znth said:
Both sides can play the “I told you so” game. Earl is saying “this is exactly why I wanted security. I just lost millions.” Pete & John are saying “this is why we didn’t want to give a guy soon to be in his 30’s a monster contract.”

Earl lost millions. We lost the ability to trade him. No winners here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said.

It's a cold-blooded sport/business.

Earl lost out.