Loyalty Questioned

OP
OP
nepahawk

nepahawk

Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied!

I do believe that there is room for as many fans that we can get!

But the term bandwagon fan has a negative feel. Because, in my opinion, the minute times get tough those so called fans jump off the wagon. To me a bandwagon fan is a temporary fan waiting for the next best thing to come around.

To all the new fans gained, welcome! It should be a good ride for the foreseeable future!
Stay strong and Go Hawks!!!

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
I got accused of jumping on in the 2005 season and I got accused of jumping on again this year.

I just start talking to them about Brian Blades, Steve Broussard, Cortez Kennedy, Joey Galloway, Michael Sinclair, Chad Brown, etc. and watch their eyes glaze over.

I've been a Seahawks fan since before I knew enough geography to know it didn't make sense.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
I've been a fan since '76 and was wearing the same Seahawks jacket I always wear in the winter here in the DFW area and the day after the game I got a couple of smug "bandwagon" remarks. I just laugh them off. Who cares? We got the Lombardi.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Living in NYC I always have to explain myself. Fan for over 30 yrs. season ticket holder for 15 yrs. but the other day a young girl behind the counter at a sporting goods store jokingly said weren't u in here last week buying broncos stuff. It just really annoyed me.
Someone on this thread said it perfectly, can't old fans buy new stuff.

Exittium

Reaction score
My wife married into the 12th man family.. Its was even more amusing seeing as she was born in Denver and is well a Broncos fan.. And the SB just made her probably more a of a 12th then she was. She had her broncos gear on and her family was over as was mine..She was wearing that gear yet shouting and rooting for the Seahawks. Her family starred and glared at her. Her response was "they deserve it, manning sucks, and I like the entire LOB, especially Kam and Earl." I laughed, her family left at half time and went home. She handed them her broncos jersey, then surpirsed me when she came out just before halftime in a new women's Russell jersey. I was very proud.. Then disappointed when I realized she went to the sports store without me
. haha

BlueTalon

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":161e7rlk said:
TheWalrus":161e7rlk said:
Can someone explain this 38 club to me.
A bunch of old guys, most alive years before I was born.:)
True that. (sigh)

Actually, it took me a minute to figure out what the term was referring to the first time I saw it, even though I'm a member.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueTalon":37vfundy said:
MizzouHawkGal":37vfundy said:
TheWalrus":37vfundy said:
Can someone explain this 38 club to me.
A bunch of old guys, most alive years before I was born.:)
True that. (sigh)

Actually, it took me a minute to figure out what the term was referring to the first time I saw it, even though I'm a member.

:13: ......Sigh. But proud of it. :p

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

travlinhawk

Reaction score
nepahawk":3cw51bb5 said:
I have been a fan since day 1. I wear a Seahawk hat or other article of clothing almost every day.
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania and never had my loyalty to the Hawks questioned.
Today I was out and was asked if I just jumped on the bandwagon. I explained that I was a lifelong fan but, then I got a little ticked off that my loyalty was questioned. Has anyone else experienced this since the big win?

Funny you should mention that. That happened to me about 2 hrs ago at the dog park here in Napa CA (SF Bay Area). I was walking my dog and some guys says "hey I sure have been seeing a lot of NEW Seahawks stuff lately". I told him "nice try I've been a fan since 81". He says "that look like a new beanie to me". I say "its about a year old I guess". Then I unbutton my flannel and opened it up kinda like Superman and BOOM exposed my Holmgren era Seahawks NFC West T. That shut him up. We both kinda laughed it off but yes it was a little weird.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
nepahawk":3c40fh86 said:
I have been a fan since day 1. I wear a Seahawk hat or other article of clothing almost every day.
I live in Northeastern Pennsylvania and never had my loyalty to the Hawks questioned.
Today I was out and was asked if I just jumped on the bandwagon. I explained that I was a lifelong fan but, then I got a little ticked off that my loyalty was questioned. Has anyone else experienced this since the big win?
:lol:
You can get your loyalty questioned here if you don't agree with "real" fans who whine about any and every perceived slight in a week of stories about all time dominating SB performances, or not agreeing with some that the refs are fully erroneous with almost every single call and clearly have an agenda against the Seahawks. So don't worry if people question your fandom. The reality is, the ones who do are just insecure , jealous little turds with a persecution complex. You should feel more pity towards them than anger at their assumptions.

volshawk

Reaction score
Nepahawk, where are you from? I grew up in Nanticoke, PA and have been a fan for over 30 years and, yeah, still get called a bandwagon from time to time. While it gets frustrating, still pretty damn cool we have a team that is worth jumping on the bandwagon with!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Ha. I had that same issue. I then asked if a bandwagon jumper would go to the SB and showed pix from my phone. I would not worry. It's all jealousy.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
travlinhawk":1yb38nuz said:
nepahawk":1yb38nuz said:

Funny you should mention that. That happened to me about 2 hrs ago at the dog park here in Napa CA (SF Bay Area). I was walking my dog and some guys says "hey I sure have been seeing a lot of NEW Seahawks stuff lately". I told him "nice try I've been a fan since 81". He says "that look like a new beanie to me". I say "its about a year old I guess". Then I unbutton my flannel and opened it up kinda like Superman and BOOM exposed my Holmgren era Seahawks NFC West T. That shut him up. We both kinda laughed it off but yes it was a little weird.

I don't get this at all... Are diehards only supposed to wear old school gear. Never understood why other fans try to use new gear as some sort of sign of a bandwagoner.

OP
OP
nepahawk

nepahawk

Reaction score
volshawk":3ket9715 said:
Nepahawk, where are you from? I grew up in Nanticoke, PA and have been a fan for over 30 years and, yeah, still get called a bandwagon from time to time. While it gets frustrating, still pretty damn cool we have a team that is worth jumping on the bandwagon with!

Hey volshawk,
I'm from Exeter, grew up in West Pittston.
Small world!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":1r9237j1 said:
I'm a bandwagon fan, a 12 by marriage to a Seattle native. If asked if I jumped on the bandwagon, I say, "What if I did? Does it make your own life any less pathetic, you freaking worm?"

I don't have many friends.

Nice. I say "f**K them if they can't take a joke". I also concur with the "doesn't work and play well with others" attitude.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Another thing to shoot back with is 2-12. The Hawks record the first season. The NFL didn't start playing 16 games until the 1979 season.