Lyerla

Chapow

Reaction score
CPHawk":1iwd6nff said:
Spounge84":1iwd6nff said:
Hawkalypse":1iwd6nff said:
Lynch'sLamborghini":1iwd6nff said:
Second time was a 4.59. As Mayock noted, a wide variance.
Yeah similar with the other TE I like, AC Leonard as he ran a 4.43 unofficial and a 4.59 on his last. Both have some significant off field problems but wouldn't mind taking a flyer in the mid rounds on which one is least likely to have their personal lives implode.

Mid round? Dude will be lucky to be drafted at all.

No TE that has run as fast as Colt, has ever gone undrafted. I'd guess at his pro day he will run right around 4.5 flat, someone is taking him. He did everything he did, without working out or training the last couple months because of legal issues. Imagine what his numbers would have been if he didn't have his head firmly in his ass.

See, that right there is the problem. All anyone can do is "Imagine what his numbers would have been", because his head is firmly planted in his ass.

I wouldn't be completely shocked if he was drafted in the 6th-7th rounds, but I think it's much more likely that he goes undrafted.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Would be a lot of fun. After further thought, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Lyerla. However, I would be crystal clear with him up front:

You get 1 strike:
1st strike: Team leadership intervention. Coaches are not wasting their time on this guy. Team leadership gets a chance to put him in his place. RW/Sherm/ET step in and say, "we don't do that around here."

1st strike is not an option if drugs or criminal behavior occurs. I'm talking half assing in practice, showing up late, etc. I love Lyerla as a player, but he needs to understand/know that he has little to no wiggle room, and even the smallest of mistakes will not go unnoticed.

He has immense physical talent, and I'm always willing to give somebody a second chance, but this needs to be a non-negotiable thing. If Lyerla truly cares, he will make it work. If not, nothing anybody can say or do will change him. Cut bait when he slips up.

kearly":1vp5z5m1 said:
The cocaine issues and quitting the team had already taken Lyerla off a lot of boards. I don't know if there was anything he could have done at this combine to change his stock all that much.

I'd take him as a UDFA if he has a good attitude and is willing to play anywhere Pete puts him. I think he'd be a good fit for Seattle's TE/H-back/Fullback hybrid role they have been experimenting with.

If Seattle drafts ASJ and signs Lyerla, next training camp will be fun around here.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Seattle has had too many drug related headlines.

Lyerla is nowhere near good enough to warrant risking another.

Latest posts