Lynch Injury

Ozzy

Reaction score
Edit link broken. Doc on Twitter saying if this is a sports hernia he's done for the year. I can't find anyone else saying this. @mcraigjohnstone if anyone wants to follow up on it.

I hope this isn't the case. I think he's speculating here as others close to lynch think he's playing. Anyone seeing anything on the situation?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Apparently it's a lower ab strain, close to the groin which makes it more painful.

Not a doctor obviously but surely if this was a hernia it'd be called a hernia (or suspected hernia)? I mean, there's a difference between your guts coming out of your side and a strain.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
That was my response on Twitter, you would think they would know by now if it's a sports hernia.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't put a lot of stock in internet diagnoses and doctors. Sure, he skipped practice and got "treatment" but that could mean a lot of things, not necessarily a full on hernia.

If that was the case, he'd be listed as "out" by now. Pete didn't seem concerned in Friday's interview. :229031_shrug:

It sounds more like a relatively minor, if painful, muscle strain of some kind. Thankfully, Rawls is not exactly a bad option. :)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
sutz":35oo15rq said:
I don't put a lot of stock in internet diagnoses and doctors. Sure, he skipped practice and got "treatment" but that could mean a lot of things, not necessarily a full on hernia.

If that was the case, he'd be listed as "out" by now. Pete didn't seem concerned in Friday's interview. :229031_shrug:

It sounds more like a relatively minor, if painful, muscle strain of some kind. Thankfully, Rawls is not exactly a bad option. :)

I love Beast, and we need him.....but based on the numbers thus far Rawls would be an upgrade...........

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Rawls is good, but he's by no means an upgrade when you consider Marshawn's ability to block and receive.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":ptmqr42c said:
Rawls is good, but he's by no means an upgrade when you consider Marshawn's ability to block and receive.

I don't think Rawls is terrible at blocking, and he can catch as well it's just hasn't been asked to that much.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have a feeling Lynch isn't going tonight.

A

Anonymous

We should probably check with our own Sports Hernia (Adam) to make a final ruling.

:mrgreen:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
austinslater25":3vw1lz62 said:

Yeah me too. On ESPN's fantasy update, they said Lynch was in so much pain that he couldn't go through the walkthrough yesterday. That's not a good sign.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1nb5gv6m said:
austinslater25":1nb5gv6m said:

Yeah me too. On ESPN's fantasy update, they said Lynch was in so much pain that he couldn't go through the walkthrough yesterday. That's not a good sign.

Nothing Russ' special healing water can't fix.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2i80vx3x said:
We should probably check with our own Sports Hernia (Adam) to make a final ruling.

:mrgreen:
Yep, Sports Hernia's are not always bad. ;)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hawkpower":31l8t4y1 said:
sutz":31l8t4y1 said:

I love Beast, and we need him.....but based on the numbers thus far Rawls would be an upgrade...........
Based on a small sample size I suppose.