Lynch Injury

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":19qco0pn said:
Hawkpower":19qco0pn said:
sutz":19qco0pn said:
I don't put a lot of stock in internet diagnoses and doctors. Sure, he skipped practice and got "treatment" but that could mean a lot of things, not necessarily a full on hernia.

If that was the case, he'd be listed as "out" by now. Pete didn't seem concerned in Friday's interview. :229031_shrug:

It sounds more like a relatively minor, if painful, muscle strain of some kind. Thankfully, Rawls is not exactly a bad option. :)

I love Beast, and we need him.....but based on the numbers thus far Rawls would be an upgrade...........
Based on a small sample size I suppose.

Yes, well that sample size is.....this season.

Small, but relevant. Clearly Lynch has had the better career, and is the better back........but may not be as effective as Rawls....this year due to a variety of factors.

Polaris

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3gm0gmqw said:
OkieHawk":3gm0gmqw said:
Cyrus12":3gm0gmqw said:
not having Lynch in may cost us the win...

False.

Hawks have played horribly without him. Rawls will need to step up in a big way. And he very well might.

Yep, Seattle's running game against Cincy was horrible without Marshawn. Oh wait....it wasn't.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Polaris":1qnyi1br said:
MontanaHawk05":1qnyi1br said:
OkieHawk":1qnyi1br said:
Cyrus12":1qnyi1br said:
not having Lynch in may cost us the win...

False.

Hawks have played horribly without him. Rawls will need to step up in a big way. And he very well might.

Yep, Seattle's running game against Cincy was horrible without Marshawn. Oh wait....it wasn't.

Don't be a pain. Seattle has not consistently played well, especially in the passing game.

Fortunately, Lynch is warming up on the field now.

Polaris

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":14pdh36w said:
Don't be a pain. Seattle has not consistently played well, especially in the passing game.

Fortunately, Lynch is warming up on the field now.

No pain intended. Yes Seattle lost the Cincy game, but not having Marshawn in the game wasn't it and I can say that about most of the games this year. The win or loss had little to do with Marshawn for the most part.

That said, I am not denying that we're better with him than without him, but if we had to do without, I'd be more comfortable doing without him with Rawls than I felt before this year

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Polaris":kk6f0m6i said:
That said, I am not denying that we're better with him than without him, but if we had to do without, I'd be more comfortable doing without him with Rawls than I felt before this year

This.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think this "Rawls is an upgrade over Lynch" talk is absurd. Rawls has had a good half rookie season so far... But to say he's somehow an upgrade over the most punishing and physical back of our generation is laughable.

I guess some forget easily. Lynch went for 100+ in our last game, BTW. Looking much like his old self in the process.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rob12":3q6gecr3 said:
I think this "Rawls is an upgrade over Lynch" talk is absurd. Rawls has had a good half rookie season so far... But to say he's somehow an upgrade over the most punishing and physical back of our generation is laughable.

I guess some forget easily. Lynch went for 100+ in our last game, BTW. Looking much like his old self in the process.

You are right, to a certain degree.

Maybe upgrade is too strong of a word. He has been the more productive back in 2015 thus far, perhaps that reads better.

I still want Lynch out there though.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rawls is a quick back that has power, Lynch a Power back with quick feet.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I still think Rawls will get more carries tonight. I hope Lynch feels magically better and can do his thing, but reports are that he is in a lot of pain.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We are a run first team.... That can't run block. If there is no threat of the run at all then our passing offense is limited and really doesn't work either. For all the whining about the passing game some of you do you sure have t noticed the beating our backs are taking.