Lynch is ‘leaning toward retirement,’ says Seahawks GM

BadgerVid

Reaction score
m0ng0":3kebod2o said:
I would love for Lynch to retire a Seahawk, however I would not be willing to pay his salary next year for him to do so.
There is no paying his salary next year to retire involved. If he is cut or retires without the team moving to get the signing bonus back, there will still be $5M left on the cap for money he was already paid. I woulod say that there is maybe a 5% chance that the team would try to get the bonus back...I wouldn't be surprised if there was already an agreement between him and the team as part of the deal last season not to recover it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm going to miss Marshawn like crazy, fortunately Rawls seems like he will fare quite well here.

That said.. Marshawn should have retired after XLIX. With the SB MVP award and a 2nd ring. Freaking Bevell man.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":yvt46ba9 said:
I want him to come back......and raise the 12th Man Flag.

I doubt he will ever do that. Too much of an Oakland home boy; very loyal to his city.

RussB

Reaction score
Time to pass the torch to rawls. I have no problem if he wants to retire he should do it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1yuww6jr said:
Can he retire, then during the season ... unretire and sign for the vet minimum?
I mean .. can he retire and come back 1/2 way through the season and the playoffs?

YEAH, that's realistic..NOT!

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
"Marshawn Lynch's mother tells TMZ Sports ... she believes her son still has gas left in the tank and will NOT retire ... not yet at least.

We asked Delisa Lynch about the comments Seahawks G.M. John Schneider said about her son -- that he was under the impression Lynch would retire before next season.

But Delisa -- aka Momma Lynch -- says, "I really believe we haven't seen the last of Beast Mode!!!"
She added, "My younger son [Davonte] will be coming out next year. I told [Marshawn] to wait for his brother."

FYI -- Davonte is a running back at New Mexico Highlands University ... and Momma Lynch's goal is to have BOTH of her sons playing in the NFL at the same time!

Fingers crossed! "

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/22/marshawn- ... d=tmzhero1

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
She sounds delusional. Davonte had 735 yards and 3 touchdowns for New Mexico Highlands this season.

SixSeahawk":3hkmrvnk said:
"Marshawn Lynch's mother tells TMZ Sports ... she believes her son still has gas left in the tank and will NOT retire ... not yet at least.

We asked Delisa Lynch about the comments Seahawks G.M. John Schneider said about her son -- that he was under the impression Lynch would retire before next season.

But Delisa -- aka Momma Lynch -- says, "I really believe we haven't seen the last of Beast Mode!!!"
She added, "My younger son [Davonte] will be coming out next year. I told [Marshawn] to wait for his brother."

FYI -- Davonte is a running back at New Mexico Highlands University ... and Momma Lynch's goal is to have BOTH of her sons playing in the NFL at the same time!

Fingers crossed! "

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/22/marshawn- ... d=tmzhero1

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought this was hopeful, but not factual, the second I heard it.
Lynch retires, the Hawks save cash and don't have to cut him, avoiding whatever statement that seems to be to those that will want to spin it as anything other than production and cap. Inevitably after cuts like that, statements leak from parents, friends, family, agents, fellow players, and even management that always make it seem like somebody didn't appreciate somebody. It is just how rejection works. I think Schneider wants to avoid that like the plague.

Yeah, the Hawks would love to avoid that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rprcb1m said:
Wishful thinking on Schneider's part. If Lynch makes his retirement official, then he owes back his 5M signing bonus.

So that ain't happening, he's gonna make the Hawks release him so he can keep his cash.
That's not an automatic. They can still let him keep the signing bonus if they choose to do so.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":124wime5 said:
Wishful thinking on Schneider's part. If Lynch makes his retirement official, then he owes back his 5M signing bonus.

So that ain't happening, he's gonna make the Hawks release him so he can keep his cash.
That's not an automatic. They can still let him keep the signing bonus if they choose to do so.

McGruff

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3uc21efn said:
I'd like to ask that if Marshawn retires has he earned a place in the Ring of Honor?

My gut says no.

And I'd highly doubt the teams asks for anything back from the SB.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":408erwla said:
I'd like to ask that if Marshawn retires has he earned a place in the Ring of Honor?

Of course. There's no one that deserves it more. Beast put this team on the map and that's not even debatable.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2se2xh48 said:
He was gonna quit last year but we offered him 12 large to come back.

Exactly. The Seahawks had to talk him into coming back already. And they aren't willing to do that again. So it's pretty easy to see he's going to just do what he wanted to do last year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":uauq7nzs said:
Would have loved to see him play this year with an Oline that was even just average. The number of times he was hit in the backfield is staggering and should embarrass the crap out of the Oline guru/Asst. head coach.
What the?.....Per Pete Carroll wishes, Tom Cable designed and built the Offense around Lynch, there were too many players hit the road for more money last Year, and truth be told, I believe Marshawn wasn't at 100% in last Year's SB, and the reason for Bevell's dumb play-call that ended that game.
The O-Line had to basically be rebuilt, and was nowhere near as good as what Lynch was needing them to be.
Hell, even Russell Wilson had suffered with a near record Sack & Hit filled Season.
I think that Wilson did a remarkable job with playing this Season NOT getting injured, and actually producing & winning games WITHOUT having an Offensive line giving him a whole lot of protection.
After Lynch went out, Cable had to try and get the Offensive Line to shift their play to try and keep Wilson from being mashed into the ground.
This O-Line was green and WAY outclassed this Season, and no amount of chewing gum, bailing wire & duct tape was going to get them up to snuff, playing against guys like Aaron Donald and the like.