Lynch laughing right after Interception (nfl.com)

TheFaithful

Reaction score
hawknation2015":4sfed0my said:
Popeyejones":4sfed0my said:
^^^^^ Uh, you realize that you're REALLY opening yourself up to a more recent .gif of Sherman that's been making the rounds, right?

Someone who cared more and who wanted to get in a pointless silly fight (I don't, sincerely, I have no interest) would be driving through the hole you opened up right now. :lol:

I have no clue what you are referring to.

I believe he's referring to this.

SpecificVigilantAdmiralbutterfly.gif

volsunghawk

Reaction score
TheFaithful":7jbs8nng said:
hawknation2015":7jbs8nng said:
Popeyejones":7jbs8nng said:
^^^^^ Uh, you realize that you're REALLY opening yourself up to a more recent .gif of Sherman that's been making the rounds, right?

Someone who cared more and who wanted to get in a pointless silly fight (I don't, sincerely, I have no interest) would be driving through the hole you opened up right now. :lol:

I have no clue what you are referring to.

I believe he's referring to this.

SpecificVigilantAdmiralbutterfly.gif

To Sherm's credit, that's a lot more reserved than I was.

I imagine there are a lot of non-Seattle fans who will have that image saved just so they can look at it in the future and get a little twinge of joy from it. Doesn't bother me in the least, though. Love Sherm, love that he's on our team, and hope that his GF and son come through the upcoming birth happy and healthy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3so05vph said:
I have no clue what you are referring to, nor do I care, because your team is irrelevant and so is your smack.

Like I said, enjoy Jed York's 6-10 teams for the foreseeable future . . . I know I will.

Let's recap what I said. I said if the 9ers had done any of those four things (let alone all four) in their end-of-game suckfest loss in the Super Bowl to the Ravens two years back I think a lot of Hawks fans here would still be giving me trash about it. I personally don't think stuff like that really matters, but I'm GLAD it wasn't my team doing it because I know people would give me crap for it as a 9ers fan.

THIS is the smack talk you're referring to? You sure are "not caring" pretty vociferously over some pretty weak smack talk, man. :lol:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He smiled. So? If it was Russell Wilson who smiled (as he did after fumbling in last year's NFCCG), we'd conjure up some other story for it to fit our perception of him. He was just in shock like the rest of us from the sudden and violent swing in emotion. Sometimes you just smile or laugh to cope with that.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1lz5bopl said:
hawknation2015":1lz5bopl said:
I have no clue what you are referring to, nor do I care, because your team is irrelevant and so is your smack.

Like I said, enjoy Jed York's 6-10 teams for the foreseeable future . . . I know I will.

Let's recap what I said. I said if the 9ers had done any of those four things (let alone all four) in their end-of-game suckfest loss in the Super Bowl to the Ravens two years back I think a lot of Hawks fans here would still be giving me trash about it. I personally don't think stuff like that really matters, but I'm GLAD it wasn't my team doing it because I know people would give me crap for it as a 9ers fan.

THIS is the smack talk you're referring to? You sure are "not caring" pretty vociferously over some pretty weak smack talk, man. :lol:

Thanks for bringing it up, even though you claim you don't care about it. Here is a list of things about your pathetic excuse for a team that I will now bring up. You have the worst owner in sports, your coach is a buffoon, your QB chokes on command, and your team is doomed to mediocrity. You would be so lucky to have the chance to go to another Super Bowl over the next decade. There is no shortage of material when it comes to the Santa Clara Forty-Whiners. P.S., enjoy sucking.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Popeyejones":2n86sozg said:
Looks like he's just in disbelief.

Gotta say though, if in the Super Bowl against the Ravens ANY of the following four things happened you guys would STILL be talking about it and using it to bash the 9ers:

1) Kaepernick takes a picture posing and smiling with Lenny Kravitz during halftime.
2) Crabtree pretends to crap out the ball in an organized celebration with Boldin.
3) Gore is smiling in the way back to the sideline after the game is thrown away.
4) The 9ers D instigates a fight during a kneel down to end the game.

:lol: :lol:

So, I personally don't really care about any of this stuff, but I am VERY GLAD it wasn't my team who was doing it on the biggest stage. :)

Can we ban this idiot finally?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":j4p55kly said:
hawknation2015":j4p55kly said:

The difference is you would be on a Seahawks board reading about it and hearing about it. It's your own fault if you come to a rival board and read something you don't like about your own team. What do you expect? If a Seahawk fan is going to Niner board and disparaging your team, that Seahawk fan is a tool, plain and simple.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Uhhh, yeah, we totally agree that my comment was predicated on the (plainly obvious) fact that I post sometimes on a Hawks board. I thought that was kinda obvious, but in any case, yeah, obviously.

As for disparaging a team and being a tool, for sure. My comment still didn't disparage the Hawks. though. (i.e. unlike a lot of Hawks fans who are pretty annoyed by this stuff when their own team does it and pretty celebratory and condemnatory when rival teams do it, as I've always maintained since I started posting here, the type of opportunistic moral outrage over "classiness" that these types of actions always evoke doesn't really move me too much. Personally, I just don't really care (why my comment was about being glad it wasn't my team so I wouldn't get crap for it RATHER THAN giving Hawks fans crap for it myself). :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2rtgrry0 said:
^^^^ Uhhh, yeah, we totally agree that my comment was predicated on the (plainly obvious) fact that I post sometimes on a Hawks board. I thought that was kinda obvious, but in any case, yeah, obviously.

As for disparaging a team and being a tool, for sure. My comment still didn't disparage the Hawks. though. (i.e. unlike a lot of Hawks fans who are pretty annoyed by this stuff when their own team does it and pretty celebratory and condemnatory when rival teams do it, as I've always maintained since I started posting here, the type of opportunistic moral outrage over "classiness" that these types of actions always evoke doesn't really move me too much. Personally, I just don't really care (why my comment was about being glad it wasn't my team so I wouldn't get crap for it RATHER THAN giving Hawks fans crap for it myself). :th2thumbs:

Welcome to the Internet.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ljvvtd6l said:

I think the point everyone is making towards your posts is that YOU'RE HERE. After the season is done, after your team didn't even make it into the playoffs, you're here, not on your own forum, levying comments against the team. The fact that you're here is trolling and disparaging because it doesn't need to be here. Period. During the season, sure. Any time. But this is just salt in the wound.

As to your comments:
1) Nobody cares about halftime, so what?
2) Does the name Terrell Owens ring a bell? Your team still holds the record for most ridiculous and insulting celebrations
3)See comment about this thread below, but that wasn't a happy smile
4) Gronk started the fight. He said so. Threw the first punch. Wasn't right for Bruce to retaliate, but after getting the game ripped away like that, I can see how it could happen. Also, Boldin is possibly one of the dirtiest WRs in the league, so let's not point fingers here

Now this thread specifically, pretty sure that was what we call a grimace of disbelief. Like that time when all you can do is clench your teeth and force a smile to keep yourself from doing dumber things. Pretty sure that's why he popped his helmet on right afterwards, to hid what I'm sure was a very angry and pained face. Lynch knows he could've gotten that ball in.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
He's laughing because Bevell never learns. How many times does he have to see the hard way that passing in those situations is stupid? This was not the first time!

This time is cost them a Super Bowl.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ManBunts":2vajs34w said:
you're here, not on your own forum, levying comments against the team. The fact that you're here is trolling and disparaging because it doesn't need to be here.

:lol:

Real question: What comments have I levied against the team? How have I disparaged the team?

Yes, I acknowledged the existence of things that happened during the Super Bowl (of which SOOO MANY Hawks fans over the past few days have said weren't good looks --- I on the other hand have REPEATEDLY and FROM THE BEGINNING said I don't think any of that stuff is that big of a deal :lol: ), but how exactly have I disparaged the sacred team?

Dude, this is not the epic battle between good and evil you think it is. :roll:

It's simple. There are two thoughts: 1) I don't care about this stuff. 2) That said, as a 9ers fan who posts on a Hawks board, I'm glad it wasn't my team who was doing this stuff.

Full stop. That's it. El Fin.

EDIT: and to jump out in front of the obvious, this is my last post in this thread b/c it's clearly not going anywhere.

Please commence with bumping the thread back up with a bunch of "good!"s and "you suck!"s and "9ers suck!"s until honor has been successfully defended and restored. ;)

grizbob

Reaction score
Popeyejones":i48zosuy said:
ManBunts":i48zosuy said:
you're here, not on your own forum, levying comments against the team. The fact that you're here is trolling and disparaging because it doesn't need to be here.

Real question: What comments have I levied against the team? How have I disparaged the team?

Yes, I acknowledged the existence of things that happened during the Super Bowl (of which SOOO MANY Hawks fans over the past few days have said weren't good looks --- I on the other hand have REPEATEDLY and FROM THE BEGINNING said I don't think any of that stuff is that big of a deal :lol: ), but how exactly have I disparaged the sacred team?

Dude, you're a ninner fan on .net. You gotta know the thickness of the ice you're on. :mrgreen:

ManBunts

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2f4skjbp said:
ManBunts":2f4skjbp said:

It's simple. There are two thoughts: 1) I don't care about this stuff. 2) That said, as a 9ers fan who posts on a Hawks board, I'm glad it wasn't my team who was doing this stuff.

Full stop. That's it. El Fin.

EDIT: and to jump out in front of the obvious, this is my last post in this thread b/c it's clearly not going anywhere.

Please commence with bumping the thread back up with a bunch of "good!"s and "you suck!"s and "9ers suck!"s until honor has been successfully defended and restored. ;)

No no don't leave! Seriously! If per your post you don't care about what is regarded as classy or not classy, or "this stuff", then we go back to the root of my post, that you being here is the problem and the insult, so then why are you here? This thread was about Lynch's reaction and what to read into it, which is INHERENTLY going to yield nothing but wild speculation because it's based on 5 seconds of video. It will be nothing but discussions about class, reactions etc. everything you don't care about. But here you are.

So why are you here? I'm glad to have someone from the 49er fandom we can actually talk to, so I don't want you to leave, but to be here, when we don't play you, when the game has been over for days, I have to ask, why are you here?

And full disclosure, I'm originally from California, and have plenty of friends that are Niner fans who came out of the woodwork to mock the Seahawks after this loss, conveniently forgetting they didn't even make the playoffs. So I'm taking your whole "I don't care" attitude with a large grain of salt, because, as I said above, there's no reason for you to be here that isn't an insult, that I can see, unless you can provide one

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Worst call in NFL History!!! There will never be an explanation that makes any sense at all... I smell cover up.... As far as Lynch is concerned, you either laugh a little or cry a lot out of disbelief... This won't go away anytime soon...

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Breaking my rule b/c this is just crazy and kinda fun (sorry, guys :) ).

ManBunts":2tgss2rl said:
No no don't leave! Seriously! If per your post you don't care about what is regarded as classy or not classy, or "this stuff", then we go back to the root of my post, that you being here is the problem and the insult, so then why are you here?

Ah, okay, I didn't understand. It's my simple existence as a poster that's insulting? Got it now. :lol:

This thread was about Lynch's reaction and what to read into it, which is INHERENTLY going to yield nothing but wild speculation because it's based on 5 seconds of video. It will be nothing but discussions about class, reactions etc. everything you don't care about. But here you are.

Yes. And if you go back to the very first sentence of my offending post it makes immediately clear my reaction to the screencap of Lynch: "Looks like he's just in disbelief."

So why are you here? I'm glad to have someone from the 49er fandom we can actually talk to, so I don't want you to leave, but to be here, when we don't play you, when the game has been over for days, I have to ask, why are you here?

Uhh, I'm here because I post here? You've been here for less than two months longer than me and I have four times as many posts as you. I'm not sure you're the right poster to be policing the gates of the forum. :lol:

And full disclosure, I'm originally from California, and have plenty of friends that are Niner fans who came out of the woodwork to mock the Seahawks after this loss, conveniently forgetting they didn't even make the playoffs. So I'm taking your whole "I don't care" attitude with a large grain of salt, because, as I said above, there's no reason for you to be here that isn't an insult, that I can see, unless you can provide one

It seems like you don't realize that I'm a regular poster, and have been here for as long as you have. No worries. I've ammassed 1,700 odd posts just mocking the Seahwawks? Uh, okay, why don't you find me one. :lol:

EDIT: TBF there's no shortage of folks here who don't like me b/c I'm a fan of a different team and I'm not obsequious (like some other fans of opposing teams who post here...), but if you go back through my posting history, I like, compliment the Hawks and their players pretty regularly (e.g. Lynch is my favorite back to watch in the NFL, I think Russ is best of the young QBs (although I think Luck has closed the gap a bit), I love the brand of football the Hawks play, etc.,etc.)

aawolf

Reaction score
I admit to shaking my head and laughing a little, after the spout of initial rage. It was because my 9 year-old was freaking out more than I've ever seen him freak out after a game. His epic tantrum included shouting that he hates the Seahawks and punching a couch pillow repeatedly. He's gotten over it now, but the tantrum was a little funny.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2mzn2lfs said:
Breaking my rule b/c this is just crazy and kinda fun (sorry, guys :) ).

ManBunts":2mzn2lfs said:
No no don't leave! Seriously! If per your post you don't care about what is regarded as classy or not classy, or "this stuff", then we go back to the root of my post, that you being here is the problem and the insult, so then why are you here?

Ah, okay, I didn't understand. It's my simple existence as a poster that's insulting? Got it now. :lol:

This thread was about Lynch's reaction and what to read into it, which is INHERENTLY going to yield nothing but wild speculation because it's based on 5 seconds of video. It will be nothing but discussions about class, reactions etc. everything you don't care about. But here you are.

Yes. And if you go back to the very first sentence of my offending post it makes immediately clear my reaction to the screencap of Lynch: "Looks like he's just in disbelief."

Uhh, I'm here because I post here? You've been here for less than two months longer than me and I have four times as many posts as you. I'm not sure you're the right poster to be policing the gates of the forum. :lol:

It seems like you don't realize that I'm a regular poster, and have been here for as long as you have. No worries. I've ammassed 1,700 odd posts just mocking the Seahwawks? Uh, okay, why don't you find me one. :lol:

EDIT: TBF there's no shortage of folks here who don't like me b/c I'm a fan of a different team and I'm not obsequious (like some other fans of opposing teams who post here...), but if you go back through my posting history, I like, compliment the Hawks and their players pretty regularly (e.g. Lynch is my favorite back to watch in the NFL, I think Russ is best of the young QBs (although I think Luck has closed the gap a bit), I love the brand of football the Hawks play, etc.,etc.)

Oh please, I could care less that you're a Niner fan. Heck a Browns fan sits behind me at work. Actually helped me feel better after that loss because, hey, it's the Browns. Anyway, you have good guys on your team, so there's no reason for me to dislike them. Justin Smith, Frank Gore, Bowman. God I hope to see Bowman back next year. He'll scare me when we play you, but he's a great player and a great guy. And yes there are guys I don't care for also. Aldon, Boldin, don't like their style. But i think most fans feel that way about every time to some degree or another

And yes, I can see that you come here a lot, and never said you just mock the Seahawks. The whole point that you're missing is now, specifically in this instance, this thread, is that you being here as a Niner fan is pointless. As a football fan, sure, throw in your 2 cents. I saw your first post, and agreed with you even, and that was all fine and dandy. But then later in your list of "what if 49ers did this", that list in itself is mocking. And your comment about Gore smiling as the game is thrown away, is presented in a way that seems contradictory to your initial statement.

Anyway, at this point I'm just bored at work, staring at the rain and thinking about making a Patriots logo target for shooting this weekend, because hey, I'm over the loss, but not that parade.