Lynch's latest tweet... Retirement is confirmed.

hawkfan51

Reaction score
I, for one, was hoping for one more year of AWESOMNESS AND HIGHLIGHTS from ''THE MAN" !! But it is not to be, so from all us fans over here in my part of Montana (NW), THANK YOU MARSHAWN for not only your athletic skills on the field but for all the "other" stuff you have and continue to be a part of in your life outside of football, you are a true man of your word !!! You will be missed !!!! God Bless you and your family !!!

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
TwilightError":1buhu56j said:
bjornanderson21":1buhu56j said:
Congrats on a good a good career, glad it's official.

I just don't understand why people get emotional over stuff like this though. He is a RB who is retiring. Absolutely no reason to get teary-eyed or get a lump in your throat.

Besides, the Lynch that we loved has already been gone a year. The 2015 season was our first year without Lynch, next year will be our second.

"He is a RB who is retiring".. That is just not at all what he is. He is the embodiment of hard-nosed never-give-up football. He carried this team on his back to many playoffs and two super bowls.
Some seem to forget that Wilson was not the face of the franchise and the heartbeat of the offense on his two/three first years. Wilson was an exciting prospect. Marshawn was the one we always relied on and he always delivered. We did not have much of an offense those years but we had Lynch and that was more than enough! A great athlete, icon, legend, and he always was himself, like it or not. Beast Mode, BeastQuake. You cant just plugin a new player and replace that. That is truly unique football folklore, not "an RB who is retiring". Sheesh.

That guy doesn't like Marshawn at all so don't mind him. Beast must've declined an autograph at some point in his life and this is the result.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Thanks BEAST! I will remember you as the spark that finally got us going. Fan since 81 and have never seen anything like you. Good luck man.