Lynch's latest tweet... Retirement is confirmed.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
nepahawk":3dzsyp0g said:
End of an era!!!! He will be missed!!!
I think he did the team a big favor!!!
By going out like this, it allows the team chemistry to be strong.
We don't have to deal with players being upset, by either the cutting or the restructuring of Marshawn's contract.
No need for players to side with either Marshawn or T. Rawls.

So thank you for everything you brought to the team and also, what you are leaving this team!!!
Team unity!!
Go Hawks!!!

The Rawls thing won't play out like everybody is expecting it to anyway. But it's good to be optimistic.

sutz

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":381ndjt0 said:
nepahawk":381ndjt0 said:
We don't have to deal with players being upset, by either the cutting or the restructuring of Marshawn's contract.

So thank you for everything you brought to the team and also, what you are leaving this team!!!
Team unity!!
Go Hawks!!!

The Rawls thing won't play out like everybody is expecting it to anyway. But it's good to be optimistic.
Which implies it is bad to be pessimistic?

:laugh:

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
sutz":3fu2oup1 said:
SixSeahawk":3fu2oup1 said:
nepahawk":3fu2oup1 said:

Team unity!!
Go Hawks!!!

Which implies it is bad to be pessimistic?

:laugh:

It can sometimes be good to be pessimistic too lol

chris98251

Reaction score
There was never a divide over our RB's, Lynch when on the sidelines was helping Rawls and Michael when ever he could, you people that think he divided the team need to go back to watching soap operas, he was outspoken about the Kam thing, but leaders are, you don't have to agree but at least you knew where he stood.

We may not have been privy to the information but I know his team mates knew he was injured for those 7 games and was still trying.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3pe1ve7s said:
nepahawk":3pe1ve7s said:

Team unity!!
Go Hawks!!!

Hope you're wrong, and barring injury I believe you will be.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2nub1niu said:
SixSeahawk":2nub1niu said:
nepahawk":2nub1niu said:

Team unity!!
Go Hawks!!!

The guy experences at least one MAJOR collision per play by seeking contact with a full head of steam. He arguably takes more of a pounding than Marshawn, but is smaller and lighter. Although I hope differently, I doubt the kid lasts very long.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Knew whether it was thru retirement or being cut he wouldn't be here next year so despite readying myself mentally, still sad to see him leave the game. Happy for him that he's retiring on his terms and while he's in good health. Also happy I don't ever have to see him wear another jersey.

nepahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":130zefnx said:
There was never a divide over our RB's, Lynch when on the sidelines was helping Rawls and Michael when ever he could, you people that think he divided the team need to go back to watching soap operas, he was outspoken about the Kam thing, but leaders are, you don't have to agree but at least you knew where he stood.

We may not have been privy to the information but I know his team mates knew he was injured for those 7 games and was still trying.

I agree there was no divide between backs this year.
Marshawn was hurt, Rawls filled in nicely, but Marshawn was not coming back at his current contract price.
This might have caused a divide, maybe not with backs but with other team members.
Like you said, the team saw the effort from ML when he was hurt, if they forced concessions from him, this could have divided the team.
I know it's a business and players realize it's a business but, that doesn't mean they don't get pissed.

Exittium

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3nyfjw1h said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/696751831087583232[/tweet]

.. dang that dust came back ... :th2thumbs:

And wth is with some of you just not giving rawls a chance?? Are you guys just pissed that Lynch felt comfortable walking away knowing rawls is at the helm now? I mean seriously. I'm kinda confused at the comments of, "He wont last long" "He won't play out like you think he will" just example, and I'm sure there was plenty more if i check other threads involving Lynch or Rawls.

Listen it sucks Lynch is retiring, but all of us knew it was coming. Im pretty bummed out, it bugs me more than I thought. Then I think about our season we had. And I grin, at this new offense we got to see the 2nd half that just tore it up. I'm not going doubt a dude, or discredit them before they're given a fair shot or after they've gotten a fair shot. Rawls this year in the samples we got to see, did well... some pretty amazing crap with our shit Oline.

I love me some Lynch, but if there is a better time than any for him and the team to respectfully say their goodbyes, then its now. This team is evolving into an very well Balanced Offense/Defense team. And I think the offense is becoming just as scary as the Defense. They very same Offense that in the 2nd half of that playoff game vs Carolina, that Carolina HAD ZERO answers for.

I for one, am pumped and excited for the draft and next season to start. I think we're about to see some changes, and I think we're going to see our team evolve into a double headed beast that will shred its opponents up.

chris98251

Reaction score
nepahawk":gfa0b1p5 said:
chris98251":gfa0b1p5 said:

I agree there was no divide between backs this year.
Marshawn was hurt, Rawls filled in nicely, but Marshawn was not coming back at his current contract price.
This might have caused a divide, maybe not with backs but with other team members.
Like you said, the team saw the effort from ML when he was hurt, if they forced concessions from him, this could have divided the team.
I know it's a business and players realize it's a business but, that doesn't mean they don't get pissed.

You can't start the maybe's and could haves, based on that logic the team might be pissed at Graham and could divide over what he gets paid and what Willson makes.

onepicknick

Reaction score
Northhawk":1kk83ueu said:
Thank you for the memories Mr. Lynch.

Definitely, you are my all-time favorite Seahawk for all that made you unique - brains, guts and talent.

May the next chapter of your life be equally rewarding.

DITTO Northhawk all time favorite

chris98251

Reaction score
Rob12":16cymxk7 said:
bjornanderson21":16cymxk7 said:
Tical21":16cymxk7 said:
I don't have words.
You found four, keep going

Why do you feel the need to act like this in every thread you're in?

Because he's a Viking fan, he will say you guys and then switch to we often times, he came over here when we picked up Harvin and sole purpose is to bash us for trading for him and painting Schneider and Pete as imbeciles, and has been singing that song and any other thing he can add that's negative ever since.

Rob12

Reaction score
chris98251":rtb9rl74 said:
Rob12":rtb9rl74 said:
bjornanderson21":rtb9rl74 said:
Tical21":rtb9rl74 said:
I don't have words.
You found four, keep going

Why do you feel the need to act like this in every thread you're in?

Because he's a Viking fan, he will say you guys and then switch to we often times, he came over here when we picked up Harvin and sole purpose is to bash us for trading for him and painting Schneider and Pete as imbeciles, and has been singing that song and any other thing he can add that's negative ever since.

So... You're a mod... The question is, why is he still here? Calling out numerous Hawks fans over the retirement of Lynch is a bit of a personal attack, no? Just curious why posers are allowed to post here.

No disrespect intended at all.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Exittium":2zltige4 said:
dontbelikethat":2zltige4 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/696751831087583232[/tweet]

.. dang that dust came back ... :th2thumbs:

And wth is with some of you just not giving rawls a chance?? Are you guys just pissed that Lynch felt comfortable walking away knowing rawls is at the helm now? I mean seriously. I'm kinda confused at the comments of, "He wont last long" "He won't play out like you think he will" just example, and I'm sure there was plenty more if i check other threads involving Lynch or Rawls.

Listen it sucks Lynch is retiring, but all of us knew it was coming. Im pretty bummed out, it bugs me more than I thought. Then I think about our season we had. And I grin, at this new offense we got to see the 2nd half that just tore it up. I'm not going doubt a dude, or discredit them before they're given a fair shot or after they've gotten a fair shot. Rawls this year in the samples we got to see, did well... some pretty amazing crap with our shit Oline.

I love me some Lynch, but if there is a better time than any for him and the team to respectfully say their goodbyes, then its now. This team is evolving into an very well Balanced Offense/Defense team. And I think the offense is becoming just as scary as the Defense. They very same Offense that in the 2nd half of that playoff game vs Carolina, that Carolina HAD ZERO answers for.

I for one, am pumped and excited for the draft and next season to start. I think we're about to see some changes, and I think we're going to see our team evolve into a double headed beast that will shred its opponents up.

This.

Homer

jammerhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3ceihhi9 said:
Marshawn may go down as one of the most misunderstood athletes in history. Of course, part of that is his own fault. But his public persona and intense protection of his private life has hidden the secret life of a man who is fiercely loyal, consumately helpful, generous to a fault, and one smart marketer.

Marshawn will go down as one of the most beloved and polarizing figures in Seattle sports, rivaled only by Gary Payton. Hats off to you. You will be missed.

Well said!

McGruff

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":306o8i0d said:
hawksfansinceday1":306o8i0d said:
SixSeahawk":306o8i0d said:
nepahawk":306o8i0d said:

Team unity!!
Go Hawks!!!

The guy experences at least one MAJOR collision per play by seeking contact with a full head of steam. He arguably takes more of a pounding than Marshawn, but is smaller and lighter. Although I hope differently, I doubt the kid lasts very long.

Marshawn is listed at 5'11" and 215 pounds.

Rawls weighed 5'9", 215 pounds at the combine, and has probably put on muscle weight since then. He's shorter, but that just makes his weight more compact. Rawls also only had one year of college level carries, and has no prior injury history to speak of. He's young, fresh and well built for the job.

TwilightError

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":rlsp88b1 said:
Congrats on a good a good career, glad it's official.

I just don't understand why people get emotional over stuff like this though. He is a RB who is retiring. Absolutely no reason to get teary-eyed or get a lump in your throat.

Besides, the Lynch that we loved has already been gone a year. The 2015 season was our first year without Lynch, next year will be our second.

"He is a RB who is retiring".. That is just not at all what he is. He is the embodiment of hard-nosed never-give-up football. He carried this team on his back to many playoffs and two super bowls.
Some seem to forget that Wilson was not the face of the franchise and the heartbeat of the offense on his two/three first years. Wilson was an exciting prospect. Marshawn was the one we always relied on and he always delivered. We did not have much of an offense those years but we had Lynch and that was more than enough! A great athlete, icon, legend, and he always was himself, like it or not. Beast Mode, BeastQuake. You cant just plugin a new player and replace that. That is truly unique football folklore, not "an RB who is retiring". Sheesh.

Latest posts