Mac jones to Jax

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I guess it’s the end for cj beathard there. If the Niners go with 3 qbs again, I could see him going back to the 49ers.

flv2

Reaction score
Could be bad news for Justin fields.

It's a crazy year for QBs. Cousins is a top QB and will get good money. The rest are competing on price for the few remaining open opportunities. They won't all get starting jobs or starting salaries.

NoGain

Reaction score
He's basically being traded to a team where he has no chance to be the starter unless Lawrence gets hurt.

Scout

Reaction score
Not a bad thing for him to sit a bit and learn a better offensive system. Mac Jones is capable of playing in the league but his development was stunted badly by a poor coaching staff, poor OL and poor skill positions. Easily one of the worst offenses in the NFL which many argue is what drove Brady to leave NE in the first place and go to the Bucs.

The Hawks have stacked their skill positions on offense and the offensive line is nearly rebuilt which paves the way for them to select a QB in this upcoming draft if they desire.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maybe we will be saying the same thing t about this year in three years - I doubt it but we just don’t know what we think we know and are often very unaware of what we don’t know

The 2021 draft class was very similar to 2024, with everyone saying its stacked, whereas really there might be one or two qbs left as starters by 2027.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
The 2021 draft class was very similar to 2024, with everyone saying its stacked, whereas really there might be one or two qbs left as starters by 2027.
It may also be what Grubb is noticing - the draft is going to be fun - this whole team just feels rejuvenated- and the question marks are exciting not frustrating so far

Palmegranite

Reaction score
What a disaster the 2021 qb class was.

Covid effect, methinks. The Covid college cohort can't help but to have suffered academically. I suspect the same holds true for the development of athletes.

Prediction: We will see suckage for at least another 3 years.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
100%. Everyone is obsessed with the 'top 6' coming out of this draft but within 5 years, 3-4 of them will be backups, 1-2 will be consistent starters, and anyone left will be out of the league.

Looking back at the top 6 QBs drafted from 2015-2019, we only have 5 guys who have managed to stick into legit starter territory, with is Jared Goff, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, and Kyler Murray. Then you've got question mark guys in Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson.

That's out of 30 guys. This year is not going to magically be different just because there are a lot of teams looking for a QB right now. (I still think we should draft a QB, but everyone needs to understand the realities of what actually happens. The odds are you are drafting some other teams future backup. Every single time.)

NoGain

Reaction score
I'm starting to get resigned to the idea that our choice of QB's is going to be either Penix, Nix, or Rattler, as it sure seems that Williams, Maye, JJ, and Daniels will be gone when it comes to our 16th pick. The question seems to be will JS trade down before taking a stab at any of these guys?

Looking at the draft board and our available ammunition, it's hard for me to envision a trade up scenario in the draft to get one of the top 4 QB's that wouldn't be too costly. It seems our only trade partners would be the Chargers picking 5th, and the Titans picking 7th. To jump ahead of QB needy teams like the Giants, Falcons, Vikings, Broncos, and Raiders would cost a pretty penny. What would it cost to move from the 16th pick up to the 5th or 7th pick? A lot it seems to me. JS would really have to love one of the top 4 QB's to attempt that.

Most likely scenario seems to be that JS will trade down a bit for more draft capital, and then take one of the remaining QB's if he likes one or more of them.

I don't know. We'll see. But I do believe JS wants a new young QB prospect in the fold.

NoGain

Reaction score
In the fall of Mac, he bought Belichick with him. Or, was it the other way around?
Belichick and the Pats just sucked in the draft for a good stretch of years. Very little to show for themselves.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Belichick and the Pats just sucked in the draft for a good stretch of years. Very little to show for themselves.

Mac made the pro bowl in his rookie year. Patricia ruined him and Bill o brien hardly did better.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I get it that this is an unbelievably important signing that all Seahawks fans want to know about and not need to dig thru another thread not dedicated to this very important news but why does this have it's own thread?
Shouldn't this go in the "Free Agent News--Other Teams" thread"?
Asking for a friend.