March 18-April 17 FA signing period

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Schneider broke silence yesterday and spoke about FA. Started on Clowney. Not a lot of new info but encouraging. Also so encouraging news on the Dissley front.
https://www.seahawks.com/news/john-schneider-talks-jadeveon-clowney-other-seahawks-free-agents-at-nfl-scouting

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
I agree Largent, even if we keep Britt we should use one of our picks to get one of the good centers in the draft. It isn't every year there are multiple GOOD centers available. This is one of those years.

As FA period approaches rumors are flying. Maven has an entire Seahawk lineup of rumors posted. He mentions CLowney, Yannick, Collins, Suh, Reed, among others. Seems this is going to be a busy time just trying to keep up, even if you're Schneider! Gotta be on your toes to get stuff done in this type environment cause you might only get one chance for a guy you really want.

chris98251

Reaction score
Center isn't going to be a focus I don't think, Harris I bet is the fall back option, D line and Guards are going to be first choices, I could be wrong but having Hunt, Pocic and some other kid on PS that was also a Center and then trying to teach Roos as well to get the position down tells me they are not as desperate in their minds. The other aspect is Wilson really, really likes Britt and he is a team leader.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Yep. Seems to me Britt is the focus at center, and IMO for good reason. But with Schneider telling us he is looking 2-3 years down the road I think a really good prospective center is in order. It's been proven to me we don't have a suitable backup plan if Britt goes down again. That's an extremely important position.Ask Russ what he thinks... In addition to a C I'd like to see us at least draft a good OT for the O Line. With all the QBs, WR, etc spreading the wealth among highest picks we'll have a chance to get a very good player where we pick.

BUY us a GOOD experienced, proven, CB!

I'm thinking the Yannick deal is too expensive. Keep Clowney with a workable deal, draft a prospect, and bring Irvin back (or some other effective FA) at the right price in addition to Green and Collier providing effective depth for the outside. We have Griff for edge speed. Give him a chance to shine.

Not excited about the FA RB market. There are a number of guys in the draft who have shown they've got the right stuff. We have enough picks and on those that survive to later rounds the price is right. That (and Pete's good eye) is how we got Carson.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Saw this on bleacher report this morning.

"Ifedi was responsible for 13 penalties and six sacks last season, according to Pro Football Focus.

Seattle should replace Ifedi with steady veteran Bryan Bulaga. The longtime Packers starter has 10 years of experience and a playoff pedigree and hasn't had contract discussions with Green Bay.

"There's been no talk," Bulaga told ESPN Wisconsin's Wilde and Tausch (h/t The Athletic's Jason Wilde).

With Duane Brown anchoring one side and Bulaga anchoring the other, Russell Wilson might finally have the sort of reliable pass protection he's lacked for most of his career."

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Posted today @ https://www.profootballrumors.com/seatt ... ews-rumors

DB T.J. Carrie To Visit Seahawks
March 11th, 2020 at 3:58pm CST by Rory Parks

"Free agent defensive back T.J. Carrie will visit with the Seahawks this week, per NFL insider Adam Caplan (via Twitter). The Browns released Carrie as part of a roster purge last month."
There is interesting bio info following that quote at the link. Shows that things are happening whether we know about it or not. The cool thing about this one is they released him, so I don't think we would be out much if we bite on it.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Here's another newon the wire possibility for our secondary if the price is right. Same link as the post above.
Houston CB Johnathan Joseph
" In 2018, he turned in one of the better seasons of his career, notching 58 tackles, two interceptions, and a touchdown en route to a top-10 ranking in Pro Football Focus’ advanced metrics."

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Completely agree it seems inevitable b/c of COVID that the league will possibly delay any of the following: the start of the season, FA, tag times, the draft, or vary the way things are presently set up to be.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
It was just announced the new CBA passed by a "narrower than expected" vote. It is expected there will be an announcement later today regarding scheduling or delay of FA signing period and related NFL proceedings.

The new CBA will include 17 game reg season with expanded playoff scenario THIS YEAR. I also deciphered the expanded playoff thing will either include the addition of a few expansion teams or elimination of a division as they mentioned that each division will have 1 team added.
If there will be expansion teams, what do you think the chances are that 2 of them will be based in Mexico and GB?

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
As of now the new league year will begin on schedule.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/288 ... r-cba-vote

The article outlines methods for teams doing business without necessity for travel or big in person meetings.

"However, plans for the draft in Las Vegas from April 23-25 in front of tens of thousands of expected fans will almost certainly be put on pause, with ESPN's Adam Schefter saying the following on SportsCenter.

"That's not going to happen. There's not going to be a crowd of fans at the draft this year," Schefter said. "I don't need the NFL to tell me that right now to know that. I'm telling you right know, that's not going to happen."

The question is how and where the draft will be held, and Schefter posited that options could include keeping it in Vegas but holding it in a confined space or having networks shooting the draft results through their own home studios as opposed to a draft site."

Matt Barrows

@mattbarrows
If there are no changes in NFL plans:
• MON at 8:59 a.m. PST is the deadline for teams to apply the franchise tag
• Monday at 9 a.m. PST, the so-called “legal tampering” window opens.
WED at 1 p.m. PST, the new league year begins and teams can start signing other teams’ FAs.

4:04 PM - Mar 15, 2020

The NFL's schedule is marching forward as of now.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/288 ... ews-rumors
"Falcons cutting CB Desmond Trufant
The Atlanta Falcons are releasing cornerback Desmond Trufant, according to multiple reports. The move saves the Falcons $4.95 million against the salary cap. Trufant had three years and $35.25 million left on his contract. The Falcons were looking for salary cap relief as they attempt to target an impact pass-rusher in free agency."
Just in case that interests anyone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would love to see Trufant here, he's still damn good. And would be a massive upgrade over Flowers imo.
Seems like 23 mil for 2 years is pretty high for Reed, but salaries are crazy these days so nothing is much of a shocker. Now he has a chance to prove he's worth it.

xray

Reaction score
Clowney isn't getting the offers he wants...might still be available for 18 mil .

Kinger95

Reaction score
Seahawks have probably offered him 18-21 per season but he’s looking for more...

And he’s having trouble finding that 22/23 mill per year deal. And maybe he doesn’t want to play for bad teams like the giants/dolphins