March 18-April 17 FA signing period

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Maybe the Ravens won't be in the Clowney hunt after all.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Former Broncos’ DE Derek Wolfe reached agreement on an 1-year deal worth up to $6 million with the Baltimore Ravens, per source.
3:41 PM · Mar 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Heres what Bumpus 710 had to say on the subject this morning:
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/836222/b ... -seahawks/

"MARCH 28, 2020 AT 3:00 PM (snips Read it all at the link above)

Michael Bumpus thinks the Seahawks will be able to keep Jadeveon Clowney. (Getty)

After four seasons with the Houston Texans, Clowney was traded to the Seahawks for a third-round pick and two players. That gives Seattle an edge, Bumpus said.

“I think he’s going to go back to what’s familiar. He’s definitely not going back to Houston, I can guarantee that, so what’s the next best thing? It’s Seattle,” he said.
“He’s doing exactly what he’s supposed to do,” Bumpus said. “If he’s not getting the offers that he wants or that intrigues him, then you’ve got to hold out and wait this thing out and hope that maybe a in a month or so, he’s able to travel and go check out teams and whatnot.”
” They know his ins, his outs, his injuries, what his timelines are like,” Bumpus said. “They know him the best, so I think they’re going to give him at least a fair offer. He might not like the offer – I never though the Seahawks would give him the offer that he wanted – but I thought they would give him a fair offer. And I think he’s probably seeing that that’s the best that he’s going to get..."

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Another dead day on the Seahawk FA news end. All Clowney stories are basically repeats. There were a number of signings but none involving Seahawks past, present, or future. So I've spent the past 2 days catching up on my most pressing to-do list around the ranch as we are due for another big dose of rain all night tonight and into tomorrow. I'm as ready as I can be for action of both fronts.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
We're having a little ice storm this morning, so after I finished chores I took a quick trip through the rumor and deal section of the net. IT's all just rehashes of what we've got going in threads downstream. Except for one item regarding Yannick. Sounds as though the Jags are finally starting to make overtures by leaking that they expect to get at least a first round pick "and more" for him. He reportedly still has 18M outstanding on his current contract which, should he sign the tender, is fully guaranteed for the upcoming season. That's a hefty ticket. He played this past season for $834,269.
https://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-looki ... k-ngakoue/

All things considered Clowney remains the most attractive rusher for Seattle to secure. It's just a matter of getting all the "i"s and "t"s figured out by both parties. Word is Clowney is in no rush but Seahawks have a limit to their patience. Sounds like a game of chicken on a gravel road.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Still no news on the Clowney front. There are fresh headlines, but the stories are (like this post) re-hash fluff jobs. Cleveland is now the object of press affection due to them having the cap space to do most anything they want, and they have wanted a lot during this FA season. But they're still just Cleveland in terms of contention. Kind of like a claiming horse in the Derby lineup. They have made progress on paper, but not yet on the track.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Amid concerns over problems with technology used to accomplish the upcoming draft it appears all 32 teams will participate in a pre-draft trial session.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/c ... ll/page/2/

Going to pg 3 at the link above you can scroll down to find this about Yannick:

"Defensive end Yannick Ngakoue hasn’t changed his tune about playing for the Jaguars.

Ngakoue said before the team used the franchise tag that he wanted to move on and reiterated that point late last month when he said that it is obvious his time in Jacksonville is up. During an appearance on ESPN Tuesday, Ngakoue shared some of what he hopes to find with a new team.

“I really wanna be a part of a team that has a great culture,” Ngakoue said. “Winning is a habit and I don’t want to be with a team where losing is a norm of anything of that nature. I want to be a part of something special.”

A recent report indicated the Jaguars are in the market for a first-round pick and other considerations in order to move Ngakoue in a trade. No one has hit that price yet and the Jags showed with cornerback Jalen Ramsey that they are willing to bide their time until an offer they want comes their way.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Looking like you're probably right chris. The draft is getting closer day by day. I an hardly wait to see what surprises our guys pull on us this year. I have my own priorities and hopes, but they almost always fool me. I can tell you Collier was not even on my radar!
Here's the latest on Clowney from BR. Nothing really new, but working from home for this long all the rumor factories don't have much to work with. Top storyline.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/288 ... -tom-brady

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/ ... space-team
Here’s the complete rundown for all 32 teams, in descending order of cap space: (Don't neglect to check out Rams at very bottom of the list)

Browns – $40.2MM
Lions – $29.5MM
Eagles – $27.1MM
Colts – $24MM
Dolphins – $23.9MM
Redskins – $23.8MM
Chargers – $22.3MM
Titans – $21.5MM
Bills – $20.9MM
Texans – $18.6MM
Broncos – $17.5MM
Giants – $17.1MM
Jets – $15.5MM
Jaguars – $14.6MM
Cowboys – $13.6MM
Buccaneers – $13.5MM
49ers – $13.4MM
Seahawks – $12.6MM
Vikings – $12.3MM
Ravens – $11.3MM
Packers – $11.08MM
Bears – $11.03MM
Panthers – $9.4MM
Raiders – $8.8MM
Bengals – $7.3MM
Steelers – $7.2MM
Cardinals – $7MM
Saints – $5.3MM
Chiefs – $2.9MM
Falcons – $2.4MM
Patriots – $1.2MM
Rams – (-$5.3MM)

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
The draft begins 5 days from now. That will give us 2 days of anguish to hash out, then a lot of stuff to talk about while admiring our new stable of steeds. Then we can get back to where we're at with Clowney, Griff, and the Yannick thing, but with a new perspective on our roster needs as we hold our breath for safe times to have OTA and camp sessions.
I'm looking forward to it, but I want it to be safe for all so we don't have to start his whole virus thing all over again.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
As if draft anticipation weren't already enough, we get started early with the anguish...

https://nypost.com/2020/04/18/mekhi-bec ... raft-2020/

Becton wasn't the only one either.
"The former Louisville star was one of multiple prospects to have a drug test flagged at the NFL Combine, NFL Network reported Friday."

The latest CBS mock of entire draft is not all that encouraging from Seahawk standpoint.

OP
OP
Appyhawk

Appyhawk

Reaction score
While we're waiting for the draft any who haven't noticed the Film Session posts JVille has been making should check them out. Great stuff. Sure brings back memories from the old days. What a difference the digital age has made! I recall haivng only one shot at watching a play because it was so much trouble to rewind the film reel on the projector. :lol: