March Madness game thread

kidhawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3fpsrakf said:
kidhawk":3fpsrakf said:
Hawk-Lock":3fpsrakf said:
Ruminator":3fpsrakf said:
Call me crazy, but I haven't been able to shake the feeling that Duke will miss the final four. We'll see!

It could happen, it’s called March Madness for a reason. People talk about Duke as unstoppable which they aren’t. They are still young and struggle from the perimeter. All it takes is one game for them to get bounced.

Can it happen? Of course it can. The question is WILL it happen? I just don’t see Duke losing prior to the final four. Besides having the best player in college basketball they also have a lot of talent around him. Combine that with an all time great coach and it’s an extremely tough combination to beat.

They should face Michigan State in the Elite 8. That will be as tough a game as the semifinals or final.

No disrespect to Michigan St but they still have to get past a pretty good LSU team and I still don’t see them taking out a healthy Duke team. Of course I will admit a bias towards Duke but I do believe when healthy they are the best in the NCAA right now.

With all that said the saying That’s why they play the games is as true for this tournament as any event in sports and that’s why it’s so much fun too watch

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yeah i dont think msu will win.. just that they are as strong as any potential final four candidates

This is Dukes tourney to win in my estimation. Just a step up from the others. After that, theres 6 or so teams all at about the same level.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
That team that's a step up from the others is getting quite the game from UCF.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2iu8zp6z said:
Duke might not even get to MSU, down to UCF late.

The great basketball equalizer 3 pointers are falling well for them today but Duke will finish strong just like the first half.

D

DomeHawk

DomeHawk":19g983sn said:
Ruminator":19g983sn said:
Call me crazy, but I haven't been able to shake the feeling that Duke will miss the final four. We'll see!

You're crazy.

Crazy like a fox, coming down to wire.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Fortunate ending for the team a step above everyone else. Survive and advance.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wow! Probably the best game so far.

UCF had so many chances. They even got the call on whether the ball hit the rim. If they convert that alley pop go go up six they probably win. Coach K all class after the game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":dwv50mlr said:
Ruminator":dwv50mlr said:

You're crazy.

Crazy like a fox, coming down to wire.

Man! UCF had that.

UCF played a hell of a game. Dawkins was nearly unstoppable. They definitely should walk out with their heads held high.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1ubefrl2 said:
Wow! Probably the best game so far.

UCF had so many chances. They even got the call on whether the ball hit the rim. If they convert that alley pop go go up six they probably win. Coach K all class after the game.
Yep, that would have been ball game. Missing the free throw and getting the rebound was obviously huge as well.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Anyone else wondering why Tacko never just played straight up?
He never really ever put his arms straight up the entire game. Nor did he do so in their first game.
I find it odd he was never taught that as it would be plenty effective at his height and alleviate his foul problems.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Texas Tech is really good. Whoever comes out of the west will have to earn it.
Best region top to bottom and it isn't close imo.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2id1tplb said:
Anyone else wondering why Tacko never just played straight up?
He never really ever put his arms straight up the entire game. Nor did he do so in their first game.
I find it odd he was never taught that as it would be plenty effective at his height and alleviate his foul problems.

I think he got called because he was inside the circle. His arms looked fine