March Madness game thread

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
A lot of chalk so far, should make for some heavyweight games though.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Yep,a lot of close competitive games in the sweet sixteen should be coming up.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
So we got a few days till Thursday. Who do you guys like as an upset and who do you guys like as a lock to win their first game?

kidhawk

Reaction score
I see there's only one perfect bracket left in the online-verse. According to that Bracket, the final will be Gonzaga vs. Kentucky with Gonzaga winning it all. Honestly I don't see this becoming the first ever perfect NCAA March Madness Bracket, but time will tell.

Rfect ncaa tournament bracket sweet 16 center road

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1fubnvjx said:
So we got a few days till Thursday. Who do you guys like as an upset and who do you guys like as a lock to win their first game?

I like Auburn and Florida State as upsets. Texas Tech and LSU are underdogs but not sure id say theyre upsets if they win.

Duke is a lock.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags will smack Florida St, huge revenge game. I think the line says it all, Zags are favored by 7.5 in that game. Also think Purdue beats Tennessee. Michigan against Tech could go either way, those teams are very similar. Should be a slow grind it out type of game. Oregon's run ends, lot of people unimpressed with UVA, but that's how they play. Don't be surprised if they win the championship.

On Friday I think Michigan State, UNC and Duke all win. Don't think the Duke game will be as easy as people think. VTech is really good, think it could be similar to the UCF game where they pull out the win late. I want UK to win because I have them in my final four, but not sure I see them getting there without PJ Washington. Still think they can get by Houston.

All the games should be great. Tourney has been all chalk so far. ESPN had an article saying that it's the first time since the field expanded to 64 that all 16 betting favorites won in the round of 32. But with chalk, you get the the best teams playing each other, which should be a lot of fun.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I like MSU over LSU a lot and I also think Virginia beats Oregon.
I think Houston has a great shot to upset Kentucky.

Edit: I don't think Auburn has any chance against UNC unless they just shoot lights out from three.
I know they can do that but I think UNC wins that game pretty easy.

D

DomeHawk

Crizilla":aoaxj3r8 said:
I'm going with Oregon over Virginia .

Oregon has a shot, the ducks are not a Cinderella team, people seem to forget the highly rated classes they have had. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't there multiple 5-stars on that team?

Crizilla

Reaction score
JSeahawks":125jhyrk said:
Man, Gonzaga being allowed to hold and hack the hell out of FSU.

yeah after FSU tried to kill Rui with an elbow to the face

D

DomeHawk

Crizilla":126tyaz1 said:
JSeahawks":126tyaz1 said:
Man, Gonzaga being allowed to hold and hack the hell out of FSU.

yeah after FSU tried to kill Rui with an elbow to the face

I saw it going both ways. They let them play.