Mariners 2019 season

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Atradees":2788bk5w said:
West TX Hawk":2788bk5w said:
Why the hell would Servais leave a guy in making his major league debut after loading the bases in a 1 run game? Several other guys available in the pen for the 8th but no Servais is going to leave the rookie in for a full 2 innings. Piss poor managing.

That was terrible. Guy stopped being able to find the plate loaded the bases and then allowed the grand slam. :34853_doh:

ALSO, where was the Vogelbomb and Narvaez? Trying to destroy the chemistry much?

Catchers need the occasional night off. Voge should have pinch hit at some point.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":dmwhj5lb said:
Why the hell would Servais leave a guy in making his major league debut after loading the bases in a 1 run game? Several other guys available in the pen for the 8th but no Servais is going to leave the rookie in for a full 2 innings. Piss poor managing.

See, I wanted to go there but I didn't want to hear the potential "they're off to a record start, Servais has been great thus far" bull hockey. I'm glad you brought it up, though. Couldn't agree more. Despite this start, there's no way I trust Servais or Dipoto. As has been the case for many a season now, Servais once again proves he struggles mightily with managing his bullpen. Alaniz looked ok, but he completely lost his command after that Altuve single.

With LeBlanc possibly going to the 10 day IL, I wonder if they'll call Sheffield up.

Threedee

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2ed3rte0 said:

One thing our bullpen doesn't offer is options. People say it is "uncertain." I disagree - our bullpen is very certain.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SS mismanages the bullpen often. He’s just gotten away with it until tonight.
Though I’ll kind of give him a pass because I’m not sure they have much in the way of quality arms, plus Houston tonight probably hits whomever is on the mound.

getnasty

Reaction score
The bullpen is absolutely trash. There might be a few guys that end up being ok but i don't like any of them in a pressure situation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They better score 10+ tonight. I have a feeling Felix is going to get lit up like a pinball machine.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2tjm30e3 said:
Though I’ll kind of give him a pass because I’m not sure they have much in the way of quality arms, plus Houston tonight probably hits whomever is on the mound.

He doesnt have anyone. He has twiddle dee and twiddle dum. Its easy to blame the manager when you can look at GM.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3mojnwiy said:
Sports Hernia":3mojnwiy said:

He doesnt have anyone. He has twiddle dee and twiddle dum. Its easy to blame the manager when you can look at GM.

why blame the GM when this is his plan realized?

Also.. he had plenty of arms in the bullpen, and while they may not be ideal, any one of them wouldve been a better option then leaving him to pitch to one more batter, especially with 2 outs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I've always felt MLB managers do the least of all the major sports coaches. Their main job is to manage the bullpen. That's their job. Servais has always struggled with it. He has a tendency to leave guys in when they clearly don't have it. That was the case last night.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":g6eux98y said:
Sports Hernia":g6eux98y said:
Though I’ll kind of give him a pass because I’m not sure they have much in the way of quality arms, plus Houston tonight probably hits whomever is on the mound .

Please re-read my entire post.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
It's obvious this team isn't ready to hang with the big boys. This series has been a massive disappointment. I knew Houston would be tough, but damn. This whole team is turning into a giant wet bag right now. Especially Healy and Smith. I really, really want to like Jay Bruce. I love his demeanor and body language at the plate, but his sub .190 average makes me forget about his 7 homers and 13 RBIs.

I'm ready to see Shed Long called up. I'm curious to see if he'd be able to handle third base. He played a season or two there not too long ago in the Reds farm system I think.

sutz

Reaction score
Stick with the plan. This is not the season to nit pick about close wins. They played pretty well tonite, all things considered. Verlander is a pitcher for the ages. He has games like that all the time.

I'm not unhappy. Gotta love Brennan and Sadchek blanking them for 3 innings. The home run streak lives on. :twisted:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":3ezu6cy8 said:
Stick with the plan. This is not the season to nit pick about close wins. They played pretty well tonite, all things considered. Verlander is a pitcher for the ages. He has games like that all the time.

I'm not unhappy. Gotta love Brennan and Sadchek blanking them for 3 innings. The home run streak lives on. :twisted:
Gotta agree with this post..
We do have pitchers out of the BP that can pitch..Just not enough yet.
We have enough offense but you have games like this with a hot pitcher.
The M's had chances to win..How do you give up 2 Grand Slams?
A win on Sunday would be nice..Oh and Felix?He seems to be doing ok
which is a suprise..I'll take 3 runs any day with the M's offense.

Atradees

Reaction score
Felix is looking like a good 5th pitcher.

Brandon Brennan, Connor Sadzeck, Cory Gearrin, Zach Rosscup, Anthony Swarzak, Roenis Elias

Who gets called up for Wade?

There are some good possibilities here. But, can it be coached up? Put in the right situations? Or will it be just chaos?

Chapow

Reaction score
Welp, Astros gonna Astro. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Atradees":2xln21xz said:

I just looked at the transactions. They put LeBlanc on the 10 day and called up Erik Swanson from Tacoma. Leblanc was diagnosed with a grade 2 oblique strain. Sounds like we won't see him for 4-6 weeks, which is a real bummer. Don't know much about Swanson outside of the fact that he was included in the Paxton deal, so I did some research and came across this somewhat encouraging article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lo...can-make-of-the-rest-mariners-pitcher-yankees

sutz

Reaction score
Atradees":2a25phzo said:
Felix is looking like a good 5th pitcher.

Brandon Brennan, Connor Sadzeck, Cory Gearrin, Zach Rosscup, Anthony Swarzak, Roenis Elias

There are some good possibilities here. But, can it be coached up? Put in the right situations? Or will it be just chaos?
I don't think anybody is saying Felix has suddenly recouped his former greatness, but yeah as a back of rotation guy, he's doing fairly well. Gong six against Houston and only giving up 3 runs is a decent outing.

Looks like Swanson. I believe he pitched in relief already...I'm thinking in Japan, maybe. This season is about the young guys, let 'em play and show us what they got. For all the whining around here, I don't really see any chaos. Just some rookie mistakes.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Houston is a better squad. It is what it is. Id like a win today though.

sutz

Reaction score
Marco is dealing. 2-0 in the 4th. Doing OK so far. Nice stop and throw by Moore at 3rd against Altuve. :snack: