Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Jville":1zxlcuhn said:
White Devil":1zxlcuhn said:
Latest

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/904088940172410882[/tweet]

That makes a lot more sense. And well worth the price ...... a smart acquisition by the Patriots.

And very good value for us. A 7th AND a 5th round pick -- very nice for a guy who was in all likelihood going to be relegated to mostly a Special Teams role with the Hawks.

Seymour

Reaction score
IrishNW":1j98xp6q said:
Seymour":1j98xp6q said:
Shows how out of touch HSU is with thinking we get a 4th. :roll:

That guy is a moron.

We got a 5th and 7th, shows how out of touch you are LOL

They got more than I would have figured, but Still nowhere near "at least a 4th" as Captain dart board guessed.

Mid 4th = 70 points
Mid 5th plus mid 7th = 42 points

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hawkblogger just posted this. I know how some people feel about Pro Football Focus, so take this FWIW ...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/904097968327843840[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3ut2u0cr said:
Jville":3ut2u0cr said:
White Devil":3ut2u0cr said:
Latest

That makes a lot more sense. And well worth the price ...... a smart acquisition by the Patriots.

And very good value for us. A 7th AND a 5th round pick -- very nice for a guy who was in all likelihood going to be relegated to mostly a Special Teams role with the Hawks.

New line Coach Clint Hurtt is having an impact on the defensive line. It is gonna be a different rotation. Should be interesting and fun. Trading partners need to cultivate mutually advantageous trades. The Seahawks and Patriots have done just that with their two trades.

YArPiU80

Bill Belichick is gonna love the relentless motor and violence Marsh brings to his defense and special teams. And, Marsh keeps improving his game every year. Sorry Jets fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":345w21o8 said:
Hawkscanner":345w21o8 said:
Jville":345w21o8 said:
White Devil":345w21o8 said:
Latest

New line Coach Clint Hurtt is having an impact on the defensive line. It is gonna be a different rotation. Should be interesting and fun. Trading partners need to cultivate mutually advantageous trades. The Seahawks and Patriots have done just that with their two trades.

YArPiU80

Bill Belichick is gonna love the relentless motor and violence Marsh brings to his defense and special teams. And, Marsh keeps improving his game every year. Sorry Jets fans.
And as an added bonus for Marsh, now that he's a Cheatriot, those late hit flags on the QB will mysteriously disappear. 8)

mrt144

Reaction score
Jville":jlalolxi said:
Hawkscanner":jlalolxi said:
Jville":jlalolxi said:
White Devil":jlalolxi said:
Latest

YArPiU80

Holy Crap, he dropped a Kiss of Death

Image.ashx

hawk45

Reaction score
Utterly forgettable depth guy. Didn't irritate me the way the Kearse situation did because unlike Kearse I didn't see that Marsh was taking reps I'd rather go to someone else. But this doesn't move the needle at all for me. I'm fine with any compensation at all.

Jville

Reaction score
It is all about fit into the new line of coach Clint Hurtt ......

Hawkscanner":2xudqdzy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RobRang/status/904133299974553601[/tweet]

For all you David Bass and Smith fans out there ...

And that is why Cassius Marsh, a hybrid, was traded. Clint Hurtt went with heavier, thicker and stronger.

massari

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":37v28pcs said:
He'll probably grow a beard and become an above average veteran player on the Patriots now.
Damn hipsters.

Cc5674

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2c5z6q1v said:
He'll probably grow a beard and become an above average veteran player on the Patriots now.

He will fit the Patriots situational schemes. I figured he was gone when he played late into the 4th preseason game. Will miss his high motor and intensity but not the costly penalties he was prone to. Good special teams player just too much of a tweener to be a core player.

Cc5674

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1gaprob2 said:

He will fit the Patriots situational schemes. I figured he was gone when he played late into the 4th preseason game. Will miss his high motor and intensity but not the costly penalties he was prone to. Good special teams player just too much of a tweener to be a core player.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I liked Marsh's motor and I thought he was starting to put it together. In this preseason, they actually had him move inside on rush downs and he did decently.

Think about this for a minute: Bellichick usually fleeces teams in trades. He sure got us with Deion Branch. That he gave up a 5th and 7th for Marsh should tell you what you need to know about his potential. And his respect for our defense and defensive coaches. Bellichick also loves his draft picks. He won't throw away a 5th round pick on a ST player.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Hawks46":182uh51h said:
I liked Marsh's motor and I thought he was starting to put it together. In this preseason, they actually had him move inside on rush downs and he did decently.

Think about this for a minute: Bellichick usually fleeces teams in trades. He sure got us with Deion Branch. That he gave up a 5th and 7th for Marsh should tell you what you need to know about his potential. And his respect for our defense and defensive coaches. Bellichick also loves his draft picks. He won't throw away a 5th round pick on a ST player.

Good viewpoint. I am indifferent about this trade. Could have been a diamond in the rough but ended up to be just a regular player. A lot of sports journalist thought we got a steal for him in the 4th round. Thought the guy had potential and didn't mind him on the team but at the same time felt like we got a good deal for him, trade gives us a recycle to find a gem. I honestly expect him to thrive in that NE D especially if Patricia stays up there (Yeah, I used his last name to make him a girl).

Reaneypark

Reaction score
More often than not, Marsh would do something that was irritating to me - not holding contain, drawing a stupid penalty. So, I'm OK with him leaving and giving someone else a shot.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Marsh was a a very good performer on special teams and made some plays in situational defenses. Trading him for two late picks -- who will be at the END of the 5th and 7th rounds to boot -- guys who might not even contribute? Ouch. Couple that with making a deal with the devil himself, just because Marsh is near the end of his contract? Sorry, but I see very little upside to this trade.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Tusc2000":2cyoj2jz said:
Marsh was a a very good performer on special teams and made some plays in situational defenses. Trading him for two late picks -- who will be at the END of the 5th and 7th rounds to boot -- guys who might not even contribute? Ouch. Couple that with making a deal with the devil himself, just because Marsh is near the end of his contract? Sorry, but I see very little upside to this trade.

Trading a special teamer for 2 picks is a win. Marsh ws no good as a DE.

Jville

Reaction score
Cc5674":1ggbcqy5 said:
seahawkfreak":1ggbcqy5 said:

A lot of fans struggle to understand the value of hybrid players or tweeners. Marsh is one of those hybrids. I have no doubt Cassius Marsh is still evolving and that his best years are yet to come.

For befuddled fans left behind, there are two new faces on the roster that likely better fit locked in notions of what a defensive end should look like.

Coach Clint Hurtt is orchestrating a make over of his defensive line.

Everyone should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.