Yikes...

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And I hated both of those trades the day they happened. I was shouted at about how much talent they have. How they were going to make such a huge difference. How our picks were going to be late anyway. News flash none of those assumptions were correct but they sure brought their me first attitude that was fully evident for all to see.
And Harvin swore on the day he was introduced that he had learned his lesson in MIN... and that he was thrilled to be in Seattle. Hollow words... every one!

Polk738

Reaction score
He isn’t even playing well as a box player. The guy is whiffing on tackles left and right
Pete wants him in against the Titans to help stop the run but I can already see Henry blowing him up at the LOS or just making him whiff

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I told you all we should release him. As usual, Jerhawk was right.
I don't think you'll find many who would disagree with you after the season. His contract was designed in such a way that if he was playing insane (All-Pro), you consider having him next year, otherwise it's a cut. His cap hit goes from $11.5 mil this season to $27 mil next season. His dead cap next year is $20 mil, so really roughly $10 mil over the next two years. If you cut him right now you've to deal with the fact that his dead cap hit is $32 mil this year.

But as I stated in that thread, if you do it right now you have to cut other players off the roster too to save enough money to take the cap hit.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Pete wants him in against the Titans to help stop the run but I can already see Henry blowing him up at the LOS or just making him whiff
You could give adams a hundred tries and he would never get close, Henry would fold that dude up (maybe even kill him on accident). Lol.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Maybe he's more suited to a solo project.

Special teams?

Can he return a kick?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Pete will welcome him back with open arms and do zero discipline even if he did just bail on the team. I love Pete but he was gushing over him on 710. It’s bizarre

eo620

Reaction score
If its true that upon learning that he was benched so he went home, he's a total POS and not worthy of being on the team.

A true professional would take the "benching", swallow his pride and fight to get back on the field with his teammates.

If JA is pouting over being benched and can't be a solid teammate on the bench. CUT HIM YESTERDAY!!!! Let him go back to the Jets or Giants where things are so much better! At least he'll have January's off!

Fernie Hawks Fan

Reaction score
Maybe he's more suited to a solo project.

Special teams?

Can he return a kick?
No offence Palmegranite but I sure hope this is sarcasm cuz he can't tackle worth a damn so that kinda wipes out special teams...and the only way he would be able to return a kick is if someone caught the ball for him. :ROFLMAO:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Well, well, well. The old man finally got his fill of underperforming, overpaid athletes hurting his team and finally got some balls and benched him. He should have benched Metcalf for a quarter or so, too. He needs to send a signal to this team, that there'll be consequences for ignoring what the old man tells you, and this might just be the kick in the ass the team, particularly the defense, needs.

I hope that we've seen the last of this POS in a Seahawk uniform.

But, is it a case of closing the barn door after the horses got out? Are we just looking at fool's gold as we have been for the past 7-8 seasons?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Time to move on. The team needs to stick with home grown drafted players and try to avoid these mercs.
Right now, I'm lovin me some Leonard Williams. Seems like about 1 out of 3 of these trading picks for mercs turn out good, not the best hit rate.
Now can we sign Williams without screwing up our cap? Or will it be another Sheldon-whats-his-name or Clowney or Adams whiff, giving away draft picks for one-season rentals?

Maybe stick to FAs on prove-its and be more picky about draft picks for rentals. Of course, there's always the counterpoint of the trade for Beastmode, which got the Hawks to two Owls they otherwise don't even sniff. Maybe that one lightning-in-a-bottle screwed up Pete and John's judgment for a decade after.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They need to extend Williams, he has been a hell of an addition. And like Wyman was talking about, a lot of what he does, you don't see on a stat sheet etc.
He draws a lot of attention and double teams.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
They need to extend him, he has been a hell of an addition. And like Wyman was talking about, a lot of what he does, you don't see on a stat sheet etc.
He draws a lot of attention and double teams.
I agree. Williams has been a bright spot, seems like he's always in the backfield. I think he's a keeper.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm curious what a cap hits are if they move on from Jones. I was stoked about that signing, but he has done next to nothing.
Williams is a hell of a player, and they gave up a 2nd rounder for him. He has plenty left in the tank. Let's extend a guy who has earned it.
I'll take that over big $ for a guy hasn't played a down for the Hawks.

Latest posts