Marshawn Lynch Finally OFFICIALLY Retired

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
One of my all-time favorite players in any sport. You will be missed Beast Mode. Thank you for the memories and being a huge reason why we finally have a Lombardi trophy.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was secretly hoping that he would come back for one more year. Hell even if it would have been for an AFC team I would have been cool with it. :waah:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
scutterhawk":gv1174gb said:
kpak76":gv1174gb said:
Aros":gv1174gb said:
I will always respect the warrior on the field for what he gave us. For that, there can be no debate.

Off the field is entirely another matter and I am personally glad his antics are in the rear view mirror. There are a lot of adjectives you can assign to Marshawn off the field. Mine would be: Distracting.

His team mates weren't that distracted. I personally don't care if fans are distracted, because we aren't on the field.
He was a distraction to business at hand for the front office....The same front office that hired Tom Cable, who was charged with designing and building an offense to accentuate his talents, in unison with Russell Wilson and helped him to realize his full potential; he was a great deal of the success with the Offense, but HE DIDN'T DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF.
Buffalo wasn't equipped, and wasn't going to open up the doors for him to be the star that he's become,
Pete, John & Tom DID exactly that, and he was indeed a distraction and a hampering to the guys that featured him.
It's Team First, not ME first....We had enough of that mindset with Percy Harvin.

Who cares? His teammates absolutely loved him. The fans for the most part loved him. If he was this much a distraction as you claim him to be this FO would have never put up with it. Just ask Percy Harvin and Golden Tate how that went.

He didn't do it all by himself, no one is saying that. But the man was a HUGE reason why we went from a perennial middle of the pack team that won a weak division and was a quick out in the playoffs to a championship contender.

Marshawn Lynch was, IMO, as important to this team as Russell Wilson. Sometimes maybe even more so.

Largent80

Reaction score
So?....we all knew it was coming. Time to move along and relish the moments he gave us.

Ruminator

Reaction score
While Marshawn was an awe-inspring player in his own right, it was a HUGE bonus that he joined the Seahawks at the perfect time. We rocked new bad-ass uniforms and he with his ripping arms and dreadlocks looked deadly in the new uni photoshoots. We had a true player's coach in Pete Carroll who was all about everything cool that hardly anyone else did including perpetual music during practices. We had brute, physical, and emotional players on both sides of the ball, the LOB and linebackers in particular, who played hard like Marshawn. We had guys who willingly expended blood, sweat, and tears to help the team be the best it could be. And we had Russell freaking Wilson who was more concerned about the team, and wins, than his own stats, giving Marshawn the ball time and time again.

We had guys Marshawn resonated with perfectly.

The Beast, as a Seattle Seahawk on that field, was magical.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":238o6az8 said:
Single-handedly responsible for changing the image of the Seahawks from a West-coast finesse team into a smash-mouth, hard-nosed bully team. I loved everything Marshawn did and everything he was about. His personality was unique and refreshing in every way, and I'll miss both his on and off-field antics. Some of the most memorable plays in Seahawks and indeed NFL history belong to Marshawn and him alone. He might not get to the hall, but should be a lock for RoH and having the #24 retired.

:13: What he said!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I'm gonna miss him. "All about that action, boss." You all know you loved that shit. It all went south last year. But don't forget the amazing impact he had in changing the mentallity of a team, a team that delivered us a trophy. He is truly enigmatic, but I loved him on our team.

Seahawks4eva

Reaction score
I grew up being more into baseball and my family was also so I had gone to many Mariners games growing up but then I became an adult and moved away for the military but got much more into football. The first game I ever went to was the wild card game against the saints... I take full credit for that magical game :). I've been to 4 or 5 games since then, one in Carolina, one in baltimore. I've yet to see our Hawks lose in person.

PS. I can barely watch baseball these days.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":18zvhebb said:
We are going to miss his toughness. It was infectious. We missed it last year.

There is just no way to replicate that ghetto swagger that he had. It was awesome.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I will miss everything about him. On and off the field.

pmedic920

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2uqnkl3t said:
Without Marshawn we don't get to a SB much less win one.

So whatever "cost" you are putting on the distraction he brought, you have to offset it with the value of reaching the SB twice and winning it once.

I would say that if you do that math, the results were well worth the cost.

Just curious, are you saying we won't get to another SB without him?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":3cfrgkl6 said:
scutterhawk":3cfrgkl6 said:
kpak76":3cfrgkl6 said:
Aros":3cfrgkl6 said:
I will always respect the warrior on the field for what he gave us. For that, there can be no debate.

Off the field is entirely another matter and I am personally glad his antics are in the rear view mirror. There are a lot of adjectives you can assign to Marshawn off the field. Mine would be: Distracting.

His team mates weren't that distracted. I personally don't care if fans are distracted, because we aren't on the field.
He was a distraction to business at hand for the front office....The same front office that hired Tom Cable, who was charged with designing and building an offense to accentuate his talents, in unison with Russell Wilson and helped him to realize his full potential; he was a great deal of the success with the Offense, but HE DIDN'T DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF.
Buffalo wasn't equipped, and wasn't going to open up the doors for him to be the star that he's become,
Pete, John & Tom DID exactly that, and he was indeed a distraction and a hampering to the guys that featured him.
It's Team First, not ME first....We had enough of that mindset with Percy Harvin.

Marshawn didn't put the team first and you're comparing his level of distraction to Percy Harvin?

That's a joke right?

“He's not carrying the football, he's carrying his team. That's who he is. That's what he does." - Tom Cable on Marshawn Lynch

Yeah, Lynch was the whole Offense, he didn't need Russell Wilson to help keep the Defenses honest.
Carrying his team?...Like he did when he was with the Buffalo Bills? :roll:
Russell Wilson rushed for nearly a thousand yards......It wasn't all ML, and last Season when ML was gone, the Offensive line sucked, Rawls & Graham injured, and Russell Wilson started SETTING RECORDS.
Cable said that when Marshawn Lynch comes back, that he was going to have to readjust for the changes in the Offense.........the focus went away from our run game, and an readjusted for some better Pass Protection.
The Pass Protection that was put on the back burner in favor of Pete Carroll's Run First Mantra, leaving RW to run for his life.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Good. Now both us and the team can move the hell on and get on with the business of making this Wilson's team and possibly have a modern non-obvious and slow offense.

Maybe be like San Francisco in the 1990's and score first and keep it up. While just laughing at your opposition. We don't need the best defense if our offense is actually good ....

I'm liking this power run spread offense they seem to be working on. It totally eliminates Aaron Donald and his ilk.

kearly

Reaction score
Marshawn has lived his life fully on his own terms, and he made it work in the NFL. That is a rare thing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":2yhovcpz said:
Marshawn has lived his life fully on his own terms, and he made it work in the NFL. That is a rare thing.
Kip do not get me wrong I have a crush on the man and love and respect him beyond what you are even capable of. But enough is enough and it's way past time to shake it up, unless you dig the Rams knowing exactly what we do and being better at it to add insult to injury.

While still being a non-factor 8-8 team no less.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
GeekHawk":vnt4t459 said:
peachesenregalia":vnt4t459 said:
Single-handedly responsible for changing the image of the Seahawks from a West-coast finesse team into a smash-mouth, hard-nosed bully team. I loved everything Marshawn did and everything he was about. His personality was unique and refreshing in every way, and I'll miss both his on and off-field antics. Some of the most memorable plays in Seahawks and indeed NFL history belong to Marshawn and him alone. He might not get to the hall, but should be a lock for RoH and having the #24 retired.

:13: What he said!
Ditto. Great post peaches.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Northhawk":1elpxo4v said:
Godspeed Beast mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I hear he will be just fine. I don't like stupid guys and it seems he's quite the opposite. Good for me, yes?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marshawn gave me many great memories while he was a Seahawk and I am thankful for Pete and John doing what it took to get him to Seattle. He will be missed.

Does anyone remember when he singlehandedly stomped the Seahawks when he was with the Bills? He was a man amongst boys that day. Watching him do that for the SEAHAWKS was awesome.

So many great memories. Thank you Marshawn.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
It's a sad day that we knew was coming but hoped somehow still wouldn't. There was more than just him to that superbowl run but no 1 player for me characterized the team better than #24. He was a big reason in the turnaround of this team and leaves behind some of the best highlight reel moments in hawk history as well as some of the best highlight reel moments off the field...he will be missed. ROH awaits and I for one hope the HOF