Marshawn Lynch Finally OFFICIALLY Retired

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1zyh6o37 said:
Marshawn gave me many great memories while he was a Seahawk and I am thankful for Pete and John doing what it took to get him to Seattle. He will be missed.

Does anyone remember when he singlehandedly stomped the Seahawks when he was with the Bills? He was a man amongst boys that day. Watching him do that for the SEAHAWKS was awesome.

So many great memories. Thank you Marshawn.
Agreed. You figure out if you understand my point of view. I'm pretty sure of your's.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2v5zajcq said:
Without Marshawn we don't get to a SB much less win one.

So whatever "cost" you are putting on the distraction he brought, you have to offset it with the value of reaching the SB twice and winning it once.

I would say that if you do that math, the results were well worth the cost.
Well worth it indeed!
I think his uniqueness on the field naturally came with 'uniqueness' off field that not everyone liked. SANO back with a SANO personality. Fair winds and following seas to ya, Beast Mode!

Sent from my SC-04F using Tapatalk

dogorama

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1d426dso said:
kpak76":1d426dso said:
Aros":1d426dso said:
I will always respect the warrior on the field for what he gave us. For that, there can be no debate.

Off the field is entirely another matter and I am personally glad his antics are in the rear view mirror. There are a lot of adjectives you can assign to Marshawn off the field. Mine would be: Distracting.

His team mates weren't that distracted. I personally don't care if fans are distracted, because we aren't on the field.

And isn't that the purpose of football for fans, anyways? To be a distraction from daily grind...?

Excellent point! Football players are private contractors who have every right to establish their own brand. If they don't fit into your corporate conception of conformity then that's just too bad. This isn't the military, it's entertainment, and I absolutely love it when someone thumbs their nose at the establishment AND gets away w/it. Marshawn did it HIS way, retired at a young age while his body was still intact, and didn't require ANYONE'S approval. Antics? You should have such antics! LOL!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I love that he's this generation's Jim Brown. Seriously you ever see that man at Marshawn's age? Beyond sexy straight up. He is totally smart on the down low like Marshawn. Both have figured out the game that we call life.

Seahawks4eva

Reaction score
I just imagine Marshawn singing James Bay "Let it go" to the people in this thread.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Just curious, do we know if he actually signed the paperwork or if the Seahawks just put him on the retired list? I haven't seen that he actually signed and according to JS earlier this week he didn't actually have to sign anything. Seems a bit silly to have a process where the player either does or doesn't sign as it makes the whole signing part a waste of time. Also, if the team controls the decision and can do it without the player's signature, why not "retire" everybody rather than cut them?

Ruminator

Reaction score
Would like him to be the one to raise the 12th man flag when the Bills come to town early November. That would be a huge crowd-pleaser.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I am happy he will go out with a ring. I'm with the others in that I both loved and hated his personality. He spent the prime of his career with the Seahawks, one of the best to ever put on a Hawk uniform, the most consistent player I've ever watched, I can't ask much more from him.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
rideaducati":2xx1mnbm said:
Marshawn gave me many great memories while he was a Seahawk and I am thankful for Pete and John doing what it took to get him to Seattle. He will be missed.

Does anyone remember when he singlehandedly stomped the Seahawks when he was with the Bills? He was a man amongst boys that day. Watching him do that for the SEAHAWKS was awesome.

So many great memories. Thank you Marshawn.
I remember. I remember going into that game being very optimistic, and then feeling the bottom drop out as he made us look silly. I hated the result, but I had mad respect for him after that... which is why I was so completely stoked a few years later when I heard we traded for him. And then his first game with us was that game in Chicago, when he took so many plays that would otherwise have been tackles for loss and just willed the pile to move forward. We won that game, the first of so many that were won as a direct result of his efforts.

Thanks for the memories BeastMode.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
HawkGA":1zhw024j said:
Just curious, do we know if he actually signed the paperwork or if the Seahawks just put him on the retired list? I haven't seen that he actually signed and according to JS earlier this week he didn't actually have to sign anything. Seems a bit silly to have a process where the player either does or doesn't sign as it makes the whole signing part a waste of time. Also, if the team controls the decision and can do it without the player's signature, why not "retire" everybody rather than cut them?
If you have never seen the list of lists the NFL has for dealing with players, it's a bit mind boggling. Marshawn isn't retired, he's reserve/retired. That means the team is treating him as retired and gets his roster spot opened up, but still retains his rights. Whether or not Marshawn actually retires is completely up to him -- but if he chooses not to, he's still a Seahawk.

Basis4day

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1v5ye9xc said:
HawkGA":1v5ye9xc said:
If you have never seen the list of lists the NFL has for dealing with players, it's a bit mind boggling. Marshawn isn't retired, he's reserve/retired. That means the team is treating him as retired and gets his roster spot opened up, but still retains his rights. Whether or not Marshawn actually retires is completely up to him -- but if he chooses not to, he's still a Seahawk.

That's standard for most players who retire with years left on existing contracts, absent agreements to let players sign 1 day deals to retire with a team they're associated the most with.

hawk45

Reaction score
I'm struggling to recall a time he didn't deliver the goods. Reminds me of Gary Payton in the way that I marveled in the ability to play such a high-effort style every single time they laced it up.

He didn't always go off for 100 yards or more, there were (tiny) stretches where we'd worry if he'd lost a step - usually when the OL went through its annual suck-a-thon - but I don't remember ever watching him carry the ball and thinking yeah, that didn't look like Marshawn put all 100% into that one, whether he had a wide open lane or was staring at 5 defenders in the backfield. Who the hell runs like that?

He so epitomizes how football should be played that fans of other teams are going to get a pang watching our team with him gone, similar to how I felt watching the Niners after Gore moved on. Yeah it's cool he's not stomping you, but almost wish he'd come back and stomp again just so you could watch him play.

And yeah, I also remember him manhandling the Hawks when he was with the Bills and enjoying it even though he was doing it to us. And being a little scared of it, because good God what made the dude run so angry? Watching him run you'd expect him go for the throat of interviewers with his teeth after games but he didn't seem like an angry guy talking. But no one would think about messing with him after watching him run and so no one would think about messing with the team either.

Ugh, just sucks that we can't watch him anymore. Really really sucks.

Taehwk

Reaction score
Can he unretire in December when the Hawks are making their play off push and activate BEASTMODE for a Super Bowl run? He should ride off in a golf cart with a super bowl mvp trophy :D

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Just about shit myself watching The Beastquake, it was beyond explanation! Thank you Marshawn for ALL your game/heart

M.M.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He is arguably the greatest Seahwawk to ever put on a uniform, and I am not really sure it is much of an argument.

Maybe Kennedy or Walter Jones, but only Walter Jones legit would dominate against near half the opposing team like Lynch did.

Kennedy never singlehandedly took his team to the SB, Lynch did it once, and you could point out that the one time we missed Lynch was the time we missed the SB.

He should have a statue in front of the stadium.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Someone on the radio today was talking about the paperwork the Seahawks actually filed. The guy said Lynch could actually just walk into practice still and the team would have to deal with him as a player. Not retired. And Lynch didn't fill out the paper work. Anyone else hear this? Know exactly what paperwork Seahawks filed?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories Mr. Lynch. Gentlemanly handshakes all around.

niners15.gif

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3eebpih0 said:
He is arguably the greatest Seahwawk to ever put on a uniform, and I am not really sure it is much of an argument.

Maybe Kennedy or Walter Jones, but only Walter Jones legit would dominate against near half the opposing team like Lynch did.

Kennedy never singlehandedly took his team to the SB, Lynch did it once, and you could point out that the one time we missed Lynch was the time we missed the SB.

He should have a statue in front of the stadium.

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: