Marshawn Lynch fumbles 2012-13

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Blitzer88":2rdv0qm4 said:
I am becoming concerned with all the fumbles we are seeing lately....gotta clean that up or we will be in trouble.

I'm concerned with the slopball we played on Sunday. I know the stuff with the kicker was pretty flukey, but guys have been a tad careless with the ball. I'd love to see them tighten that up a bit.

Seeker

Reaction score
db's are knowing trying to knock lynch down is a losing game so they are focusing on something new Orleans exposed in a 2011 road game. wrap him up and knock the ball out of his hand.

the simple solution would be for lynch to take a knee as soon as he feels contact but then you don't get new Orleans playoff game style runs anymore.

its part of the game.

plus everyone was fumbling last night, we are completely ignoring the 2 fumbles he avoided yesterday (including the one where he spun to avoid the hand grab from taking the ball).

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
SonicHawk":dfo3i36l said:
LawlessHawk":dfo3i36l said:
Cartire":dfo3i36l said:
How about Wilson's 5 fumbles this season alone.

Must be his small hands...

Fumbles by player:

1 Ryan Tannehill Miami Dolphins QB 6
1 Robert Griffin III Washington Redskins QB 6
3 Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers QB 5
3 Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks QB 5
3 Matthew Stafford Detroit Lions QB 5
3 Colin Kaepernick San Francisco 49ers QB 5
7 Jay Cutler Chicago Bears QB 4
7 Joe Flacco Baltimore Ravens QB 4
7 Peyton Manning Denver Broncos QB 4
7 Geno Smith New York Jets QB 4

Russell Wilson also leads the league in fumbles recovered at 4.

A few of those were bad/early snaps and the others were strip sacks. It's really hard to compare these with Lynch's but they're unfortunate either way.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":o1yi5g84 said:
He should be more careful. Like Shaun Alexander.

I actually LOL.

Excellent (and daring) thread topic, but I'm not worried about ML's fumbles just yet. Without reading the entire thread, I suppose my offering of "it comes with his reckless, never die, running style" has already been beaten to death, so I won't go there.

I'm not concerned enough to go through the games, but it would be interesting to learn how many of those games resulted in loss? I ask because when ML fumbled against the Skins, that was the minute I knew we would win that game. When your leader / identity drops the ball, someone has to pick that man up. I knew damn good and well there was no way the team was going to let ML carry the burden of his fumble into the off-season. They didn't and I wonder how often the team rallies to win after an ML fumble?

I guess I'll go back and read the thread...that answer may lie within.

Edit: It didn't.

I am giving ML a pass on the Cushing fumble. Not many could have held onto that ball. That was a highlight hit Cushing's agent will be presenting to ownership come contract time.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
a 1% fumble rate is just silly to get worked up over. 10% okay lets talk.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I guess we should all just be double rainbows and unicorns.

That might make you anticomplainers happy.

Way to ruin a legitimate thread.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seems like a dumb post. I remember saying to myself I'm glad the Beast rarely fumbles after he fumbled in the 4th, non issue.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Understand that people can discuss anything they want, but the timing on this thread just seems off. Lynch was basically the reason we won yesterday.

Lynch, meanwhile, contributed 155 of the Seahawks’ 404 offensive yards. He led them in rushing yards (77 on 21 carries). He led then in receiving yards (a career-high 78 on four receptions). And 95 of those yards came in the fourth quarter – 65 on two receptions and 30 on eight carries. Oh, and he scored the only two offensive touchdowns in the game, on a 1-yard run in the second quarter and a 3-yard run in the fourth quarter. Oh, part II, and Lynch was listed as questionable for this game with a sore hip.

ZeroTrunks

Reaction score
How about some of the fumbles he has recovered? Marshawn Lynch has my full confidence

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1k0hayjz said:

Oh nobody ruined the thread, Captain Dramatic. ;)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":267k8tbd said:
Tech Worlds":267k8tbd said:

Oh nobody ruined the thread, Captain Dramatic. ;)

You are right. I am being sensitive. This place is starting to bug me and affect me negatively.

I am going to take a break.

Peace.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Both fumbles have come when Lynch was tackled and lifted up and back by the defender. It happened to him Sunday and during the Texas game. The reason I remember them was I was surprised by that, and I feel that Lynch was as well and the reason he dropped the ball in those plays. Of course that was this year, and the ones late last year were either the ball hitting his helmet or something similar.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":fyjkf93v said:
Nine fumbles in a season + six games isn't just looking for negatives IMO.

9 fumbles in 24 games.

9 fumbles but only 5 lost against some tough defenses ('13: @HOU, TEN '12: @ARI, NYJ, @CHI (x2), STL, @WASH, @ATL)

9 fumbles in 508 touches (468 carries/40 receptions) throughout 24 games.

Lynch fumbles in less than 2% of his touches.

If a magic fairy came to us in 2010 and said I will grant you the gift of Beast Mode but one of the only down sides is that he'll fumble about 10 times per every 500 snaps. I'm certain 99%, if not 100% still make that deal.

Lynch is a great, physical workhorse running back and he consistently gains yards despite fighting through 8 man boxes all day, every game. Fumbling only less than 2% of the time with the ball in his arms is pretty damn impressive if you asked me.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
When to concern ourselves with his fumbles... when he isn't being productive as a player.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2rsro63r said:
If memory serves.. a lot of these fumbles have been just instances where the defenders helmet hits the ball perfectly.

I agree that Beast Mode needs to protect the ball a little better, but it's not like he's David Wilson out there. Sometimes it's just unfortunate luck where the defender's head hits the football.

That's pretty much what I thought as well. Usually it's a loose body coming in late when he's already wrapped up and can't move his other arm onto the ball. 250+ lbs behind a helmet plus velocity is going to knock it out of anyone's hands, I don't care how strong you are. And even then, it seems like most of his fumbles are on the opposing side of the 50, so at least it's not happening deep in our own end. Gives our great D a chance to minimize the damage done.

Guess who leads the league in fumbles at RB? Adrian Peterson, with 3 (tied with CJ Spiller.) He's already matched his total from last year, plus he has another from a reception. Lynch only ever had more than 3 in a season once (last year with 4.)

Not worried about it a bit, personally. Fumbles happen to everyone.

Latest posts