Mastermind of 2nd half offense: Tom Cable?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jake206":1g7ivdsv said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/sanchezbrad/status/688835745398689792[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealMikeRob/status/688836117546831872[/tweet]
If that's the case then Bevell is even a bigger bafoon then I normally think he is.
Sad.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If Cable is a better offensive coordinator than Bevell, then he should be the offensive coordinator.

In any case, why do we always wait until halftime to make big adjustments? Better adjustments need to be made between failed drives.

Man I hate off-season...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
MRob probably meant Cable was responsible for Oline adjustments which helped considerably.
I recall Russ discussing plays with Bevell instead of Cable.
Maybe Mrob is just a troll.

kearly

Reaction score
FWIW, the OL protected way way better in the 2nd half.

AirStrike

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2m0liwx6 said:
Cable and his stupid OL was the reason the Seahawks were in the hole in the first place. Calling him a mastermind is a disgrace.

Because he's responsible from bringing all these rejects in and trading the starting center and a first rounder for a system tight end.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":2zxpx58n said:
Yeah I take it more like Cable finally made the proper adjustments to protect Wilson, thus giving him time for Bevells plays to work.

That's was how I took it as well.

SnowMan

Reaction score
Why can't he make those adjustments earlier...say...after the first possession or 2?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
When our ol is so obviously over powered, as was obvious in the first series, why don't we go to hurry up.. a controlled hurry up? I'ts the only way we have over come our OL deficiencies. Only then do we seem to sustain drives... oh well next year.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I read an article a few months ago that talked about how cable and Bevell work very closely developing the gameplans together. Maybe Cable is better at making adjustments, but they are lacking in tape review and initial gameplanning. I am not one who blames cable for the OL. We used all of our money in other areas, so he had basically nothing to work with in aquiring new talent. There isn't really anything available anywhere near our budget in FA, and OL in the college game with the spread offense scheme has meant not much coming out of the draft. Or hands were tied in this area. Lets see what happens this off season with developing the OL and getting some guys in the system behind our starters coming up so we have them when we need them. I don't disagree with looking at metrics and athleticism and training them to be OL.

Having said that, the success in the second half of the season came more from utilizing short hot routes that go to intermediate if time allows in the pocket, with 1 or 2 longer routes as well to keep the defense spread out. The OL looked better because the ball was out in half the time for completions, and it forced defenses to defend the soft short zone and not send 5 or six in at the line. If you actually look at the line play, they made some improvement, not not as much as it appeared due to the passing strategy change.

Why guys making millions of dollars to see these things don't and a bunch of us slackjawed couch coaches do confuses me, but I could be completely wrong as well.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think Cable's run game in the 1st half is why we suck. Trying to force the run with his below average offensive line. Then Bevell opens it up in the 2nd half, and voila! We score!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Throwdown":p0ituhgj said:
Or cable handcuffs things

Ya, I think it's actually meant that way. But really, could read either way.

And I say this as somebody who has largely blamed Bevell.

Mojambo

Reaction score
AirStrike":157cuvoz said:
hawkfan68":157cuvoz said:
Cable and his stupid OL was the reason the Seahawks were in the hole in the first place. Calling him a mastermind is a disgrace.

Because he's responsible from bringing all these rejects in and trading the starting center and a first rounder for a system tight end.

He's not responsible for the trade, but Cable gets the guys he wants. He's responsible.

I think the Seahawks should go to the system that fits that TE.

Seattle should dump the run focus and the deep drop passing game and go 100% Spread next year.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I just looked in that twitter thread and Justin Forsett posted/tweeted and said it's crazy how he doesn't get brought up in head coaching searches and MRob said he was the secret weapon in seattle. There doesn't seem to be any cable diss there, seems like he's here cause he's good at his job and the guys respect him. Scary thing is if they're this bad on the oline and he's getting the most out of them then imagine what replacing him would do. They need a talent upgrade on oline big time.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think M-Rob is implying Cable helps the offense, rather his OL is the reason we have terrible starts.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1bem2ekj said:
I don't think M-Rob is implying Cable helps the offense, rather his OL is the reason we have terrible starts.

read the thread, I just talked about this, it's clear they're not blaming Cable, unless they're being sarcastic but online isn't the best medium for sarcasm

ivotuk

Reaction score
The last sentence "Yet border line incompetent in the 1st half?"

Response: "Tom Cable"

It's impossible to say for sure, but I think it's Bevells 2nd half adjustments that make all the difference.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealMikeRob/status/688838491732594688[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JForsett/status/688837525796880384[/tweet]

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear now that one of these guys is solid, maybe borderline genius and the other is a twatwaffling doofus. The only way we are going to know which is which is if one gets fired in the offseason.

- bsd

IrishNW

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RealMikeRob/status/688826348169744384[/tweet]

Latest posts