Mastermind of 2nd half offense: Tom Cable?

chawx

Reaction score
hawknation2015":9od0yidf said:
bighawk":9od0yidf said:
I just wish Cable would draft O-lineman and stop experimenting in try to turn guys into O-lineman. we need to be stout up the middle more physical this is why I wanted to keep Carpenter at LG. I like Gilliam and think he will become real good but up the middle needs fixing so Russell can throw from the pocket. Adjust when needed but get it right from the beginning.

Ultimately, it is Carroll and Schneider's decision about whom to draft when. That criticism is really overplayed. The team has never drafted a linemen convert above the 6th Round, where they drafted Sokoli last year. Sweezy was a success based on where he was drafted (7th Round). Just staying on the roster makes Sokoli a likely success story based on where he was drafted. Of course, Cable would prefer to have more linemen drafted as high as possible. Zero linemen were drafted above the 7th Round in 2012 and 2013.

Cable himself has said time and time again that the types of zone-blocking guys he wants are not taught to block properly in college. He has said that he'd rather bring in DL guys who haven't been mucked up by bad O-Line coaching and teach them to block HIS way.

Makes total sense to me and makes drafting OL a waste. There's no need to make a dramatic shake up at this point from what has worked these past 4-5 years. Just retool, find guys with more passion and desire to succeed out of college, and above all, if TC is the master of 2nd half adjustments, find a GD way to keep the game within reach in the 1st half instead of making it so we have to have historic comeback after historic comeback to win playoff games.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3ft32vap said:
Zorn76":3ft32vap said:
If today's 1st half embarrassment produces the firing of Bevell AND Cable, then something good will have come out of it.
If you want a team that regresses significantly next season, your plan would be one to follow

Bull.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Best offense in team history with arguably one of the worst OL groups we have ever put on the field.. Bevell is the problem though..

This issue was 2 years in the making.. 2013 Okung, Max and Breno all missed significant time and we won the SB.. the start of the year can be put squarely on our inability to block consistently.. if were were just average up front, we surely pick up a few first downs against Cincy, Carolina, and STL and those games most likely go to W column..

Latest posts