Mathews Penalty

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah that one was incredibly frustrating. Like Wyman says.....this isn't the Matrix, you can't stop in mid air. They likely will call that every time, but it seemed like a really ticky tack call. It wasn't late at all imo. Especially because that was a huge stop on 3rd down before that stupid flag.

jmahon316

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ngxozeq said:
Yep, it was amazing and you could hear it plain as day too.
Actually it was "You ain't Russell Wilson, Bruh"
He mocked the stupid bicep kiss thing too, so his stock was high in my book. At least back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DamYyFgUrwA Comment happens around the 55 second mark :2thumbs:

Thank you for that! It made my whole night

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1hd55qgg said:
...........The whole conversation about referees is becoming tedious, they are getting more media attention than the actual football.............
If they didn't totally suck half the time the narrative would go away. See the post just up from yours showing the "roughing" call on boy wonder Dak as evidence. If the NFL cared about the quality of its officiating and were willing to take steps to improve it and sustain said improvement we might not be having this discussion.

253hawk

Reaction score
I wasn't egregious by any means, but it was unwarranted and he made zero attempt to wrap up. He was hitting for the sake of a hit, not a tackle. If you lead in like that on any QB, it's at least going to be a 50/50 flag in real time. Now also factor in that he has a reputation for cheap hits, and that's why it was flagged. Maybe not technically a penalty, but sometimes you have to keep guys like that in check to keep things from getting out of control (e.g., Rams games in the Fisher era).

Mad Dog

Reaction score
253hawk":38i3v6ck said:
I wasn't egregious by any means, but it was unwarranted and he made zero attempt to wrap up. He was hitting for the sake of a hit, not a tackle. If you lead in like that on any QB, it's at least going to be a 50/50 flag in real time. Now also factor in that he has a reputation for cheap hits, and that's why it was flagged. Maybe not technically a penalty, but sometimes you have to keep guys like that in check to keep things from getting out of control (e.g., Rams games in the Fisher era).

This is my take as well. Matthews could have wrapped up or shoved Wilson and not drawn a flag but he chose to drop his shoulder into his chest. You are going to get called probably 60% of the time on that. He was maybe 4 inches low enough to be clean but in real time, the ref's not going to see it that way. Ref just sees that helmet close to Wilson's grill and reacts as he should with a flag.

jmahon316

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":h8if5iti said:
SoulfishHawk":h8if5iti said:
And Rams fans actually complaining out the Refs. That's rich :roll:
This X 1000

The difference being we actually have a QB that's proven and consistent, and doesn't choke in the biggest stage of them all

Latest posts