Mathieu says that Hawks use of Jimmy Graham is...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you wanna' blame Russ for everything, behind this line, and that coordinator, have at it.

Sure he can play better, but people love to ignore the fact that he has one of the worst O Line's in team history in front of him, and an O Coordinator who seems clueless.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Laloosh":3dyv9tgi said:
I thought Graham going outside rather than running a slant or in breaking route would have been waaay less likely to succeed there.

The Graham walking for the first 4 steps thing was obviously planned but why run an out if you're going to slow play it like that?

You might be right on the slant, but the ball still needs to come out at least 5 steps sooner than Russ actually threw it regardless. Bev confirmed that this was essentially a triple-option play, with Lynch, Russ and Graham as your three guys. The keeper was covered almost immediately. That ball has to come out and it has to be thrown inside the EZ toward either the back or front pylon. There is absolutely no excuse for the ball to be thrown where it was and as late as it was. There is little downside to an INT in this situation, and the odds of Mathieu picking it and returning it for a score are impossibly low.

irfuben32

Reaction score
DavidSeven":vcy5dbak said:
Laloosh":vcy5dbak said:
I thought Graham going outside rather than running a slant or in breaking route would have been waaay less likely to succeed there.

The Graham walking for the first 4 steps thing was obviously planned but why run an out if you're going to slow play it like that?

You might be right on the slant, but the ball still needs to come out at least 5 steps sooner than Russ actually threw it regardless. Bev confirmed that this was essentially a triple-option play, with Lynch, Russ and Graham as your three guys. The keeper was covered almost immediately. That ball has to come out and it has to be thrown inside the EZ toward either the back or front pylon. There is absolutely no excuse for the ball to be thrown where it was and as late as it was. There is little downside to an INT in this situation, and the odds of Mathieu picking it and returning it for a score are impossibly low.

Russ makes a bad play on that one for sure, Jimmy didn't help him though, looked to me like he ran literally to the worst place he could have. I think he would have been better off cutting inside or just stopping and turning around. Just post up and get ready for the lob (should be indefensible)