Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

Seabean

Reaction score
kearly":zetnarka said:
I LOVE this trade.

Your post was too long to quote the entire the thing, but I wanted to say that your take was spot-on here. Big-time pickup, and frankly, I may have been willing trade Unger for a 4th round-pick and 3.4 million in cap savings standing alone.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I'm looking at this as two separate transactions... Unger for a 4th rounder pick. DONE. Graham for the 31st pick in the 2015 draft. Also DONE.

Not sure why we are upset in any fashion over this deal... You cannot deny the skill Jimmy brings to the sport. I just wish he wasn't a douche-taco. Maybe the blue and green will change him. (((hopes)))

bandiger

Reaction score
2hawk22":kpi7i5wi said:
Percy Harvin part 2?

No, just no. This guy actually produces and has only missed like 2-3 games since being in the NFL. Whats not to like dude?

razgriz737

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":1c21ajtf said:
I'm looking at this as two separate transactions... Unger for a 4th rounder pick. DONE. Graham for the 31st pick in the 2015 draft. Also DONE.

Not sure why we are upset in any fashion over this deal... You cannot deny the skill Jimmy brings to the sport. I just wish he wasn't a douch-taco. Maybe the blue and green will change him. (((hopes)))
I think this is the best way to look at it. Unger for a 4th? Sure. If Graham is available at pick 31 of the draft this year, do you take him? Yeah, you do.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying "but Unger was a Pro Bowl center"

Who has more Pro Bowls, Unger or Graham? Graham

More all Pros? Graham

And Graham has played 1 less season.

Unger was on the short list to get cut after last season already. I can't believe how some of you have blinded yourself into not liking this deal. Unger was once great but hasn't been for 2 seasons.

Graham is the best or 2nd best TE IN THE LEAGUE (and a top 10 Receiving option period) depending on how hurt Gronk is.

This is an excellent trade.

seahawksTopGear

Reaction score
My top 1 wish for this year was a tall receiver that helped us score touchdowns and help on third downs. Wish accomplished.

Convert roster bonus into sign in bonus spread over the three years and financially we got a steal.

Losing Max does not hurt, with Carp gone the line continuity was shot in any case. I wish him the best in NO. Trading a second for a third (late first, early fourth) is cheap. NO is eating 9m in cap on the deal.

I am guessing NO was looking to get rid of Jimmy at any price after the franchise tag fiasco, just like we got rid of Harvin. Only difference is they are getting a heck of a better price than we did. Hope he is happy in Seattle, being labeled a TE instead of WR may help in the locker room.

I am one of the few who are on record saying they did not want to make the Harvin trade. This is nothing like it, two thumbs up :th2thumbs:

Zybot

Reaction score
Seabean":as0iz901 said:
No compensatory pick in play here because of the trade. In fact, none of our outside signings previously (Williams and Blackmon) will affect the compensatory pick process because they were cut.
Ahh, okay. Well, thanks for answering my question. I don't understand the NFL CBA at all really, but I had heard on the radio that if we traded for a player as opposed to signing a FA we would get a good compensatory pick for Maxwell based upon his contract. Still, I am pretty excited about the move. Great red zone target. Assuming the OL can be rebuilt, this offense could be pretty tough to defend. Do you bring 8 in the box to stop Lynch? Do you double team Graham? Do you keep a spy on Russell? Do you blitz? Do you play base D? DC's are going to have a tougher time next year when they play the Hawks.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I knew we needed a TE and jimmy fits the bill (except blocking). but man I can get on board with this if I hear he is at Russells camp. Oh and IM JIMMY

Ozzy

Reaction score
Mike Freeman tweeted a response from a niner scout and he responded with a one word response. That's good news for Seahawk fans.

kearly

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cu0apdm5 said:
kearly":cu0apdm5 said:
I LOVE this trade.

Graham is soft. So what? The guy is basically a 6'7" slot WR who is nails in the red zone.

It's not like Willson's Dick Butkus.

Matthews is soft too. Really, the only WR/TE on the current team I'd say is a tough player is Baldwin, and maybe Kearse.

Funny thing is, the least soft WR/TE we've had the last few years was probably Harvin. Being a dirtbag isn't always a good thing.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I'm conflicted on this to be honest. On one hand I like it due to Graham's ability, dude can ball. However, he may be a distraction on par with Harvin in the locker room. I really hope this works out and that the guys (Irvin) can work out their differences.

titan3131

Reaction score
My only complaint is that we didnt get a 3rd rd pick O well.

DJrmb

Reaction score
We are getting a top Receiving option (Which is what you all voted as our #1 Need) with basically ZERO Risk because most of his Guaranteed money is payed after this year.

If we would have gone out and got one of the other guys you all were crying for (Marshall, Fitz, etc.) we would have been on the hook for the guaranteed money we would have had to give them in their deals likely committing to them for more than just 1 year (Those guys wouldn't have signed a deal with just 1 year guaranteed). With this trade we have basically no risk and can cut Graham next year if it doesn't work without doing any damage and use our money on someone else.

This deal was about protecting the future salary cap almost as much as it was about getting a playmaker. Brilliant move by Pete and John.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3me3euog said:
I'm conflicted on this to be honest. On one hand I like it due to Graham's ability, dude can ball. However, he may be a distraction on par with Harvin in the locker room. I really hope this works out and that the guys (Irvin) can work out their differences.

Unlike Harvin, Graham has no history of being trouble in the locker room.

Just because our defense called the dude soft.. doesn't mean a whole lot. Jeremy Lane said Gronk wasn't that good.. does that mean you wouldn't want Gronk on this team?

12thbrah

Reaction score
Graham should be the perfect player to go up and catch Russell's sexy deep ball. He's not fast but he is a giant compared to most DBs in the league.

45Hawker

Reaction score
titan3131":22rtvr04 said:
My only complaint is that we didnt get a 3rd rd pick O well.
I wish they would have included Saints WR Nick Toon… Compelling, young, big, fast, WR.

Latest posts