McDowell Sued by the Seahawks

Elemas

Reaction score
I could be wrong but, I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter if he got a 2nd opinion from the world's top medical professional or Dr. Seuss for the issues he brought upon himself.

An assumption (perhaps naive) is that somewhere in his contract, that he and his lawyer, agent...etc...agreed to allow the Seahawks to use their resources, physicians from Seattle's Childrens hospital, whoever it may be to make the determination that was made.

He broke the agreement HE signed. Damn skippy he should pay it back.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The ATV accident was a very dumb move and also very unfortunate. Most of us did similar dumb things at that age, got away with it, and learned from it.

The way that Malik has handled this after the fact has been terrible. Trying to hide the extent of it from the team, partying at clubs, disorderly conduct charge due to an altercation with police, and now his twitter is a complete disaster where he shifts blame onto the Seahawks for not letting him play. Calling into question the competency of the team doctor is a very poor look and has pretty much eroded whatever sympathy I have him.

chrispy

Reaction score
When will the owed bonus be added back into the salary cap? ...or has it already?

jeremiah

Reaction score
Largent80":30bc2a24 said:
CTE is a real thing. Anyone here see The Concussion with Will Smith?

It was a movie, I tend to not learn about an issue from a fictionalized drama. Usually medical issues are produced in studies at University, vetted through medical journals, and proven with double blind studies.

AgentDib

Reaction score
jeremiah":1p6r5zki said:
It was a movie, I tend to not learn about an issue from a fictionalized drama. Usually medical issues are produced in studies at University, vetted through medical journals, and proven with double blind studies.
I think we all know how medicine works thanks to Hugh Laurie's performance on House.

chris98251

Reaction score
jeremiah":1r9q4dtm said:
Largent80":1r9q4dtm said:
CTE is a real thing. Anyone here see The Concussion with Will Smith?

Guess you didn't watch post credits and then the documentary concerning the real man. But hey it doesn't happen I guess and the NFL can poo it off all day. Malik doesn't have head trauma and we were just pissed he went ATV riding and decided to Black Ball him and ruin his career and ask for the money back.

ivotuk

Reaction score
IF, they can get the 800,000 back, it will apply to the 2020 cap per John Clayton.

They had a hearing about getting that money back, Malik didn't protest it, and they ruled in the Seahawks favor, as they should.

Now that punk is trying to make it out to be something that it's not.

His lack of integrity cost this team a 2nd round pick, plus the one we traded for Sheldon Richardson, plus a roster spot while they tried to figure out if he was going to be okay.

Kudos to the Seahawks for keeping him on the roster as long as they did so he could get first class medical treatment. Now it's his turn to reciprocate.

People have a right to be angry. To tell fans not to get mad about something is asinine and disingenuous. YOU should never get mad about something that effects your team if that's your attitude to how fans other than yourself act.

Stop passing judgement on others, and stick to the topic at hand. The title does not say "do fans have a right to mad."

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":ofbbjbux said:
IF, they can get the 800,000 back, it will apply to the 2020 cap per John Clayton.

They had a hearing about getting that money back, Malik didn't protest it, and they ruled in the Seahawks favor, as they should.

His lack of integrity cost this team a 2nd round pick, plus the one we traded for Sheldon Richardson, plus a roster spot while they tried to figure out if he was going to be okay.

Kudos to the Seahawks for keeping him on the roster as long as they did so he could get first class medical treatment. Now it's his turn to reciprocate.

People have a right to be angry. To tell fans not to get mad about something is asinine and disingenuous. YOU should never get mad about something that effects your team if that's your attitude to how fans other than yourself act.

Stop passing judgement on others, and stick to the topic at hand. The title does not say "do fans have a right to mad."
Very well put Ivo.
IF for some reason, another team decides to take him on, then the 800 K will come into play, and he will have the means to RETURN the money that was paid to him by the Seahawks, that he DIDN'T earn...That's only right, right?

sc85sis

Reaction score
I’m not taking it personally. I hope he is healthy and has a good life. That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t pay back what he owes, particularly since he chose not to appeal the arbitration ruling. I also have an issue with him claiming the Hawks didn’t want him considering the negative impact this had on the team above and beyond the loss of the pick used on him (Kearse trade which also included loss of additional picks, cap hit, having to pay Richardson, etc.).

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":3p19bpbl said:

Excellent post!! :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

:snack:

Latest posts