Mebane hamstring injury update - out "a while"

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
kidhawk":183bkpou said:
Blitzer88":183bkpou said:
Sarlacc83":183bkpou said:
I just caught a case of the Blitzers.

Its not that bad once you get used to it.

Losing Mebane is a huge loss, and the combo of him and Bobby out of the middle of our defense is really gonna hurt our run defense. Man this sucks.

We currently have the number 1 run defense in the league (tied for 1st in YPC). Wagner has been out awhile now already. Even if we have a decline, we are still going to be a pretty good run defending team.
Uhh, we've only faced one team that currently ranks in the top 15 in the league in rushing - the Dallas Cowboys - and in that game Demarco Murray and Joseph Randle combined for 167 yards rushing and beat us on our home field. We're not the run defense that the stats indicate, and certainly not without Mebane.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3hwukokw said:
Sarlacc83":3hwukokw said:

Losing Mebane is a huge loss, and the combo of him and Bobby out of the middle of our defense is really gonna hurt our run defense. Man this sucks.
I do believe it may be the first time in your life you have sequenced those words that way.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kidhawk":2zfbedo9 said:
Blitzer88":2zfbedo9 said:
Sarlacc83":2zfbedo9 said:

We currently have the number 1 run defense in the league (tied for 1st in YPC). Wagner has been out awhile now already. Even if we have a decline, we are still going to be a pretty good run defending team.

I love Mebane and think that he doesn't get enough credit for what he does out there week in and week out, and we are definitely better with him than without him, but I highly doubt the sky will fall if he's out a few weeks.
It's Blitzer. [emoji41]

hawknation2014

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":auukirsu said:
kidhawk":auukirsu said:
Blitzer88":auukirsu said:
Sarlacc83":auukirsu said:

Uhh, we've only faced one team that currently ranks in the top 15 in the league in rushing - the Dallas Cowboys - and in that game Demarco Murray and Joseph Randle combined for 167 yards rushing and beat us on our home field. We're not the run defense that the stats indicate, and certainly not without Mebane.

That's actually a really good point. Hope Kevin WIlliams has something left in the tank.

byau

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1wc0xvxy said:
NorthDallas40oz":1wc0xvxy said:

That's actually a really good point. Hope Kevin WIlliams has something left in the tank.[/quote]

If you are into moral victories, the Seahawks did a great job defending the rush for about 55 out of the 60 minutes vs the Cowboys

gwinnUSAF77

Reaction score
@MikeGarafolo: More huge NFC West injury news: Source tells @FOXSports1 Seahawks DT Brandon Mebane is done for the year with a torn hamstring. Wow.