Meet Russell Flacco

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hopefully, RW had a come to Jesus moment this week and will play like he's the only begotten son that can save the Seahawks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
mrt144":2r1xeepu said:
Also how many examples are there of same coach, same OC, different QB, Superbowl? How many examples of different HC or different OC same QB, Superbowl. Essentially, this is all boiling down into answering a question of what moves are made 3 to 4 years from now.

Didn't the Ravens go to and win the Superb Owl after firing Cam Cameron as their OC?
Fired him after week 14 and replaced him with Jim Caldwell. Then won the Super Bowl a few weeks later.
The Flacco pass to Jacoby Jones against Enver, in Enver to force OT was one for the ages.
They beat Enver, because as Bronco fans pointed out, Enver forgot to bring the D on that play.

Rob12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":18lmxeyx said:
AVL":18lmxeyx said:
How can one place host so many whiners?

It's embarrassing.

Always thought Seahawks fans were above all this. And they're definitely not. Which is disappointing.

First sign of adversity and this is the reaction.

What fan base isn't like this? Read some Packers blogs, and the comments posted on them. Read what they say about Aaron Rodgers' play of late. Someone already mentioned how the NE fan base began to turn on Brady early last season.

What is equally as embarrassing is all of the super fans pretending that any sign of turmoil or complaining equals whining. This is one hell of an emotional game.

It's a fan forum, if they can't vent here then where can they? Every fan base does this, Rob. I think saying it's embarrassing or how you expected better is condescending. There's really no need for it.

We're all here because we love the Hawks. End of story.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Right, I'm condescending.

Just because a few nuggets in Green Bay are complaining about Aaron Rodgers -- that makes it OK?

This place is turning into the webzone. Just a bunch of horrific overreactions, drama, whining -- willing to give up on the key personalities who got this team a Super Bowl for the first ever time and a few inches from another. One down year and it's time to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I thought the 12th man would avoid all that nonsense. We're supposed to be the best fans in the NFL.

Largent80

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":13srci45 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":13srci45 said:

Just because a few nuggets in Green Bay are complaining about Aaron Rodgers -- that makes it OK?

This place is turning into the webzone. Just a bunch of horrific overreactions, drama, whining -- willing to give up on the key personalities who got this team a Super Bowl for the first ever time and a few inches from another. One down year and it's time to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I thought the 12th man would avoid all that nonsense. We're supposed to be the best fans in the NFL.

I agree with Robert here. The main forum is pretty much unbearable anymore.

And this Robert also agrees.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Rob12":2fyu2gl6 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2fyu2gl6 said:
AVL":2fyu2gl6 said:

It's embarrassing.

Always thought Seahawks fans were above all this. And they're definitely not. Which is disappointing.

What fan base isn't like this? Read some Packers blogs, and the comments posted on them. Read what they say about Aaron Rodgers' play of late. Someone already mentioned how the NE fan base began to turn on Brady early last season.

What is equally as embarrassing is all of the super fans pretending that any sign of turmoil or complaining equals whining. This is one hell of an emotional game.

It's a fan forum, if they can't vent here then where can they? Every fan base does this, Rob. I think saying it's embarrassing or how you expected better is condescending. There's really no need for it.

Dude, you nailed this. How ironic when pollyanna "superfans" whine about the "critics" whining, and are oblivious to their own whining about this. We all have emotions attached to this emotional game. Superfans express them by defending those on the sinking ship they believe are still virtuous, and critics express them by breaking down the faults and flaws and calling for changes. Both are great, in their own way, and the board benefits from coherently expressed thoughts from both groups.

Myself, I fall just barely on the superfan side of the fence, but love hearing well-expressed critiques, like the breakdowns that Vetamur, Kearly, and others were sharing in the recent "Seahawks/Titanic/Hubris" thread. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=118386&p=1758142

Rob12

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1nq0rcsc said:

I don't think you get to dictate what is OK or what isn't, to be perfectly honest.

Fans react in different ways. My point was that nearly everyone here loves this team and that's why they are here. I agree that there are some absolutely atrocious posts here. I tend to ignore those because I don't feel like they add anything to the community. I don't see the usefulness of coming into threads and ripping fans. I think it was Houston that asked us not to do that earlier in the season, but the putting down of others who don't think a certain way is just as rampant as the "embarrassing" fans. We all have our opinions, and I don't place one higher than the other.

To think we're supposed to be "above" expressing our opinions in sometimes dreadful ways is arrogant, and if I'm being honest, it's this line of thinking that gives credence to others when they say Seahawks fans are sometimes unbearable and have an elevated sense of their own fandom.

I shouldn't have called you condescending, but the rest of my post stands. I do expect excellence from my team, and at the end of the day I think the players respect that. They expect the same things as well. They voice their opinions on their platforms as well. We believe in this team so much and that is why the reactions are what they are. If anything, it's a compliment.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rob12":3j47i74w said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3j47i74w said:
AVL":3j47i74w said:

It's embarrassing.

All truth and when did Brady start playing better? When Gronk came back. What is the difference between Rodgers earlier this year and how, Earlier this year his oline was decent top 15, now they are ranked 22nd. That small drop is all it took. Ours went form 24th last year to 32nd this year that is a huge drop, add no Lynch for the most part and there you go, NO QB no matter how great they are can do it by themselves and right now Wilson is not getting a lot of help. Even in the last game okay great only 2sakcs, but 17 hits and hurries, 3 drops, huge penalties. Like I said not much help.