Meet the Seahawks bell cow RB...

Largent80

Reaction score
cover-2":2jzhsvop said:
Largent80":2jzhsvop said:
The Hawks may well look at Christian McCaffrey.

I highly doubt it they would draft McCaffrey.

Which as we all know, we don't know squat when it comes to predicting whom the Hawks draft.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Largent80":3kvhk6x1 said:
cover-2":3kvhk6x1 said:
Largent80":3kvhk6x1 said:

Which as we all know, we don't know squat when it comes to predicting whom the Hawks draft.

Predicting "who" exactly the Seahawks will draft is one thing, but throwing complete disregard at the physical profile the Seahawks draft at each position is completely different.

We do know the physical profile of what they like at specific positions. McCaffrey is a lightweight RB, whom Pete and John don't drafted a RB that weight under 210 lbs, with the exception last year's 7th round pick Zac Brooks. I could see them breaking this rule for a late round guy, but definitely not a 1st round RB or 2nd round RB.

You can completely disregard Pete and John draft history and their profile for each positon. IMO it is a waste of time focusing or talking about RB under 210 lbs, CB's 5-10 or smaller, CB's with 31 inch arm length or shorter.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Are you serious?

If he had a downside it was that he would lose 5 yards too often.

But in his day he was as fast as anybody.

chris98251":1tzatjv3 said:
A-Dog":1tzatjv3 said:
Height isn't a big issue as a runner but it can be a real limitation in pass blocking.

Main concern here is lack of speed - even at that level of competition it's clear from the tape that he lacks explosion and breakaway speed - that's why the Barry Sanders comparison does not at all fit.

Barry was quick and elusive, he wasn't going to run 90 yards but could get you 30 to 40 many times.

Seafan

Reaction score
With four young RBs on the roster and many other needs I doubt the Hawks will invest draft capital in another one unless he's a real difference maker like Lynch.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Seafan":22ajhg99 said:
With four young RBs on the roster and many other needs I doubt the Hawks will invest draft capital in another one unless he's a real difference maker like Lynch.

I wouldn't bet on that. If you equate the 2011 draft pick we traded for Lynch as draft capital investment, there have only been 2 drafts in the PCJS era (2010, 2015) where we haven't picked a RB.

We do have youth. But we also have an unsettled RB situation. Rawls and Collins are the bell cow prototype. If this class was poor, I'd say I agree. But it's got really good day 2/3 value. I fully expect us to pick a RB early in day 3. Someone to compete and grow behind Collins and possibly supplant him.

Largent80

Reaction score
cover-2":3ukvfbgf said:
Largent80":3ukvfbgf said:
cover-2":3ukvfbgf said:
Largent80":3ukvfbgf said:

Predicting "who" exactly the Seahawks will draft is one thing, but throwing complete disregard at the physical profile the Seahawks draft at each position is completely different.

We do know the physical profile of what they like at specific positions. McCaffrey is a lightweight RB, whom Pete and John don't drafted a RB that weight under 210 lbs, with the exception last year's 7th round pick Zac Brooks. I could see them breaking this rule for a late round guy, but definitely not a 1st round RB or 2nd round RB.

You can completely disregard Pete and John draft history and their profile for each positon. IMO it is a waste of time focusing or talking about RB under 210 lbs, CB's 5-10 or smaller, CB's with 31 inch arm length or shorter.

They picked Marsh. Way out of left field. In fact they pick people EVERY draft that people in this very forum don't pick. People that are draftnics. It's just as easy for me to say they may be looking at McCaffrey as it is saying they will trade up to get OL.

It probably won't happen but it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Like I said earlier, good find on your "bellcow", but I doubt the Seahawks see it the same as you do. Puny RB's in height aren't exactly bell cows in this league. They can "impose their will" in college, but not at the pro level. There have been only a very few special athletes that have done it.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
Largent80":1latkgjr said:
They picked Marsh. Way out of left field. In fact they pick people EVERY draft that people in this very forum don't pick. People that are draftnics. It's just as easy for me to say they may be looking at McCaffrey as it is saying they will trade up to get OL.

It probably won't happen but it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Like I said earlier, good find on your "bellcow", but I doubt the Seahawks see it the same as you do. Puny RB's in height aren't exactly bell cows in this league. They can "impose their will" in college, but not at the pro level. There have been only a very few special athletes that have done it.

Marsh was not out of left field, he was a prospect I liked for the Seahawks. Maybe the Seahawks draft players out of left field for the media not in Seattle, or Seahawks fans that really don't scout or are not current on Seahawks draft trends.

Darius Victor is a late round prospect or undrafted rookie free agent priority, I'm not claiming he is going to be drafted by us in the first five rounds of the draft. I'm just bringing up the names of a few prospects that could be late round gems.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on the meaning of puny. Good luck trying to tackle a good athlete who may only be 5-7, but that is a bowling ball of muscle at 227 lbs.

OP
OP
C

cover-2

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2zif3cid said:
I believe that Joe Mixon would be a perfect match for the Seahawks. He's got the size the Seahawks like, is fast, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Plus, he's probably going to be there in the late 2nd round or 3rd round. His NFL draft profile has him most like Le'Veon Bell. While he's not a Marshawn Lynch, he could still put a scare into defenses. Just like Bell does. That's the trait the Seahawks need to revitalize their running game. A back that puts the fear into defenses.

Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma, NFL draft profile - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/joe-mixon?id=2557976

As for his character issues, yes he needs to clean that up but Frank Clark had issues coming out of college. Frank has been able to stay clean since. Maybe Mixon would do the same. Mixon's talents, like Clark, is off the charts for his respective position.

[youtube]l1PkiOroeZE[/youtube]

From the Seahawks RB profile, IMO Mixon is the 2nd best RB in the draft. I'm holding out hope we pull the trigger on him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Hawks46

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":okot4c39 said:
Largent80":okot4c39 said:

Cannot imagine anything but good things this guy could do for our team. Return man, every down back, 3rd down back, receiver, depth. Only concern I have is it seems like we cant have nice things on offense, at least consistently. Some how NE is going to get this guy I know it.

McAffrey is a damn good talent, but he duplicates what we already get with Prosise. We need a hammer. Rawls is that hammer, but he can't stay healthy.

It would also be nice to find a guy that has size and speed. That kid from Texas weighs 250 something, and Fournette supposedly weighs either 240 or 245. Both have break away speed. I want a guy that can finish. OP might have something with this guy, but he won't finish runs. Which means he'll get us to the red zone, where we'll completely ignore Graham and kick FG's.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2i37v4n5 said:
RB is definitely a need. We have Rawls and Procise.

INJURIES. Procise has been often injured and that goes back into college.

Rawls is a bruiser that does NOT appear to have the body to keep doing it.

The draft is ultra deep with RB and the Hawks would be fools to ignore both of the things I mentioned.

I couldn't agree more.....EVERYBODY KNOWS that Marshawn Lynch disguised a LOT of O-Line blunders.

I love Rawls, but, he is NOT going to get the Seahawks Run Game back to respectability all by himself, as injury early on proves that durability is a cloud that may not dissipate any time too soon.
There are some really good RB's in this years Draft, and unless there's an obvious O-Lineman in the early rounds, that will be an immediate upgrade to what we have now, a Bruiser Back might just be what RW & the O-Line needs right NOW.

titan3131

Reaction score
cover-2":14tm1t88 said:
hawkfan68":14tm1t88 said:
I believe that Joe Mixon would be a perfect match for the Seahawks. He's got the size the Seahawks like, is fast, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Plus, he's probably going to be there in the late 2nd round or 3rd round. His NFL draft profile has him most like Le'Veon Bell. While he's not a Marshawn Lynch, he could still put a scare into defenses. Just like Bell does. That's the trait the Seahawks need to revitalize their running game. A back that puts the fear into defenses.

Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma, NFL draft profile - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/joe-mixon?id=2557976

As for his character issues, yes he needs to clean that up but Frank Clark had issues coming out of college. Frank has been able to stay clean since. Maybe Mixon would do the same. Mixon's talents, like Clark, is off the charts for his respective position.

From the Seahawks RB profile, IMO Mixon is the 2nd best RB in the draft. I'm holding out hope we pull the trigger on him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Amen, Mixon is the dominator we need.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
titan3131":wgw507eu said:
cover-2":wgw507eu said:
hawkfan68":wgw507eu said:

Amen, Mixon is the dominator we need.
Mixon? HELL YEAH!!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
What do people make of this guy? Dude is agile and can catch a ball too.

[youtube]gGT5YLE3uf4[/youtube]

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Latavius Murray is going to be cut by the raiders. I would love to see him in a Hawks uniform.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":3sivkubr said:
Latavius Murray is going to be cut by the raiders. I would love to see him in a Hawks uniform.

Latavius is terrible at breaking tackles and making people miss. He'd do terrible here with our oline and would be a waste of cap space.

sc85sis

Reaction score
hawkfan68":36y7lgw7 said:

I think we need to be careful about comparing Clark's and Mixon's situations. Clark got into a fight with his girlfriend who may or may not have attacked him first. Mixon hauled off and clocked a girl in a public place on video for all the world to see.