Michael Bennett: Defensive linemen not treated fairly

mikeak

Reaction score
CANHawk":shi6wqiu said:
Omg, that little step on Erin's foot is so blown out of proportion. The guys in the trenches get stepped on, or punched, or scratched or poked in the eye EVERY DAMN PLAY. Only reason it was a suspension or a fine is because it happened to Erica Rodgers, who is quickly pulling away from Tom Brady in the "I'm a giant pussy" dept.

Disagree. Sure it was made bigger because of Rodgers but the main reason is the injury.

Rodgers had gone out of the game with an injury. Suh INTENTIONALLY got caught going after after Rodgers leg. That deserves publicity. If Rodgers had been healthy then it would have been less of a story albeit still a story.

ivotuk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3ufwqrur said:
Evidently Bennett does no know the difference between intentional and un-intentional. He is an idiot for trying to protect a dirty player.

One should be careful about using the word "idiot" when describing a situation, especially when said situation does not exist. Because in cases like that, one comes off as looking hypocritical.

You called Michael Bennett an idiot for trying to protect a dirty player. Where in the article does Bennett indicate in any way that he is trying to protect Suh?

"He did step on somebody's foot" (Doesn't sound like he's trying to protect Suh to me. He did make a mistake on the body part though.)

If you read a little closer, you will see that Michael Bennett is talking about defensive linemen in general, and the game of football in general. That players that are important to fantasy football scores are protected more than those that aren't. I think he has a point.

The same cautions should apply to those saying "Bennet is ignoring the offensive lineman stepping on a defensive lineman." Really? How is he ignoring that single situation? Do Olinemen step on Dlinemen all the time? If that were the case, and he omitted it, then I could see an issue there. But it has only been penalized one time that I've seen.

"As a defensive lineman, people are always stepping on you. People always are hitting you in the head. There's always something happening to you, but nobody cares because we're defensive linemen.""

I don't know for a fact, I've never been at the bottom of the pile, but it's highly like that this is true. Did you know that Green Bay's offensive line coach taught is linemen tricks to slow Suh down? It's public knowledge, tricks such as untying Suh's shoes and who knows what else goes on at the bottom of those piles. But that's how they are taught to deal with a defensive player that they stand no chance of bringing down.

Save yourselves some embarrassment by not jumping to conclusions. Read the article and try to refrain from passing judgement on players based on someone else's conclusion. I see that a lot here, one person makes a conclusion and 1 or 2 others follow suit based solely on what sometimes is an incorrect assumption.

Read the article, learn something about the player, then add your thoughts. It makes for a better discussion.

CANHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":23f600dh said:
CANHawk":23f600dh said:
Omg, that little step on Erin's foot is so blown out of proportion. The guys in the trenches get stepped on, or punched, or scratched or poked in the eye EVERY DAMN PLAY. Only reason it was a suspension or a fine is because it happened to Erica Rodgers, who is quickly pulling away from Tom Brady in the "I'm a giant pussy" dept.

Disagree. Sure it was made bigger because of Rodgers but the main reason is the injury.

Rodgers had gone out of the game with an injury. Suh INTENTIONALLY got caught going after after Rodgers leg. That deserves publicity. If Rodgers had been healthy then it would have been less of a story albeit still a story.
Lol. Sure. Because he was clearly looking down to see where he was stepping and who he was stepping on. Oh wait, but he wasn't. He was eyes forward the whole time.

Erin's a vagina.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CANHawk":2pijjn2e said:
mikeak":2pijjn2e said:
CANHawk":2pijjn2e said:

Lol. Sure. Because he was clearly looking down to see where he was stepping and who he was stepping on. Oh wait, but he wasn't. He was eyes forward the whole time.

Erin's a vagina.

If only Suh had other senses than sight which would allow him to pull off such a feat.

C'mon, that's embarrassingly simplistic.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":l1hotmbz said:
After watching the video of Bennett's press conference, it is clear he was not defending Suh. Rather, he was criticizing the non-calls against offensive players.

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 68ff26c1f1

It's a dumb premise though, cause Raiola was JUST suspended a week before, and O-lineman get called for hands to the face, holding and chop blocking every game.

I love me some Mosesbread, but he's just talking to talk, there's no substance to these comments whatsoever.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1wgafvik said:
CANHawk":1wgafvik said:
mikeak":1wgafvik said:
CANHawk":1wgafvik said:

Erin's a vagina.

If only Suh had other senses than sight which would allow him to pull off such a feat.

C'mon, that's embarrassingly simplistic.
like what, ESP? Is he Professor X all of a sudden? He'd just disengaged from the lineman who was blocking him and took a couple steps back as anyone would have done. Hell, people probably would have got on his case for being a dirt bag if he didn't step away after disengaging. Is it his fault that Erin was rolling about on the ground behind him?

It's totally a witch hunt just because it's Suh doing it to Rodgers...

Steve2222

Reaction score
CANHawk":2l6vwf2o said:
I rarely use this one but...

Giphy

He is so incredibly right. It's quickly becoming all about stats. I think that's why our team is so great, we're a team through and through. Only stats that matter are points.

But that wasn't his point at all

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":vsy62h05 said:
Evidently Bennett does no know the difference between intentional and un-intentional. He is an idiot for trying to protect a dirty player.

Please tell me this is either a parody post or you're high on something.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I remember the thread where the guy was offended by Michael Bennett because Michael Bennett greeted the guy's kid with "what it do?"