Michael Bennett indicted by Harris County grand jury

BamKam

Reaction score
Aros":1a0g0i13 said:
He's a target plain and simple. You can't be arrested for being a douchebag (aka "Don't you know who I am?") but you can be for assault. The fact that he wasn't arrested at the time is telling to me. And agreed, what is a 66-year-old paraplegic woman doing working security for something like the Super Bowl on the field??

The narrative wants to read like he cocked back and clocked her flat to the floor.

I am 99% certain if there was video of the incident we wouldn't even notice any real physical altercation.

The women was NOT working security she was a stadium employee. He pushed past security and stadium workers. I agree people will take this like he just went up and socked her which isn't the case, but if he really pulled the "do you know who I am" schtick then that is ridiculous.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
zchurch74":di39yra1 said:
The reason for a felony is he tried to enter the field before the game had ended.

There are two fouls on the play:

Encroachment by a defensive player. Entering the playing zone before the play had stopped.

Personal Foul. Hitting a defenseless player.

Results of the play mean nothing as he is a high prolific NFL player.

No, the felony charge is for injury to the elderly. It was also following the game.

If you read the article you would have realized this.

Jville

Reaction score
He's Philly's drama now ..... [tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/977274888338653184[/tweet]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Jville":3f8owmv1 said:
He's Philly's drama now ..... [tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/977274888338653184[/tweet]

Didn't he do a slight restructure to his deal also after being traded to Philly?

Reaction score
BamKam":2hxkaavo said:
This really isn't that big of a deal. He didn't go up to an elderly paraplegic person and beat them up. He has dug himself a bit of a hole with the whole LV police department incident and endless social justice crusade.
Exactly this - he's dug his own hole *MOD EDIT*

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Glad this pos is off the team. At least we got something for him...sounds like a real class act of human garbage.

RCATES

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":ki50rd77 said:
I really like that this is not the Seahawks problem anymore.

A major distraction becomes even more so for his new team. This guy is going to get hammered wherever the Eagles play by the fans.

toffee

Reaction score
DJrmb":28hwbjew said:
Considering that this incident happened at the SB and before the trade, I wonder if there is any chance the Eagles could void the trade. I hope not but if the Seahawks had knowledge of this before hand and didn't share it I wonder if the Eagles could go back on the trade.

Also that 5th rounder all the sudden looks like a pretty good pickup if Bennett gets suspended for part of this season... and if that's the case it's a lesson for some of the people that were so hard on JS for the trade... :stirthepot:

ummm, do we need to worry?

BamKam

Reaction score
Another one of those issues where both sides are overreacting.

One side is acting like he went up and beat up and elderly handicapped person on purpose.

The other side trying to argue that they shouldn't have a paraplegic security guard... when it was a paraplegic STADIUM WORKER. Even if they weren't does it make it ok for him to shove them aside and injure them? I will never understand people.

Chapow

Reaction score
BamKam":mxm42tbe said:

One side is acting like he went up and beat up and elderly handicapped person on purpose.

The other side trying to argue that they shouldn't have a paraplegic security guard... when it was a paraplegic STADIUM WORKER. Even if they weren't does it make it ok for him to shove them aside and injure them? I will never understand people.

Who said anything about it being OK to shove and injure anyone? I sure didn't see that anywhere in this thread.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm fascinated by the "shouldn't have been working security" argument. There are laws in this country that specifically prevent companies from not hiring people based on disabilities. But besides that . . . . what, people who work as ushers should expect to get knocked over?

replicant

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/977272961836158977[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
2_0_6":bmk04lmi said:
Jville":bmk04lmi said:

Didn't he do a slight restructure to his deal also after being traded to Philly?

Check your PM's for my response to your question.

HawkGA

Reaction score
BamKam":2zp5083o said:

I'm not really seeing an argument that he went up and beat up a handicapped person. I've only skimmed though, so maybe I missed them. But at best he's guilty of being so self-absorbed he didn't realize his surroundings. I have kids who like to play at the play area of the mall. My kids are 7 and 8 but sometimes there are really little kids there and I make a point to either make sure they are aware of where the little kids are so nobody gets hurt or I don't let them play there at all.

So congratulations MB, you have less self awareness than I am instilling in my 7 year old.

Jville

Reaction score
A warrant has been issued for Bennett’s arrest.

A warrant has been issued for Bennett’s arrest.

A Houston grand jury indicted Bennett on a felony charge of injury of the elderly, stemming from an incident at last year’s Super Bowl. The charge carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/23/houston-police-chief-its-pretty-pathetic-michael-bennett-shoved-elderly-worker/[/urltargetblank]