Michael Bennett indicted by Harris County grand jury

brimsalabim

Reaction score
His deal is done here right? The Eagles can't claim he has a severely sprained brain and back out of the trade can they?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
replicant":3be3zflc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/977272961836158977[/tweet]

Ok I can get why people are upset but let’s not get too carried away... what is considered a “shove” in this context ?

original poster

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1shmb8kw said:
His deal is done here right? The Eagles can't claim he has a severely sprained brain and back out of the trade can they?

No, they can’t.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":38qykqft said:
replicant":38qykqft said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/977272961836158977[/tweet]

Ok I can get why people are upset but let’s not get too carried away... what is considered a “shove” in this context ?

What if for some reason NFL referees were responsible for determining what a “shove” is?

Ground can’t cause a shove. He bobbled the shoulder, not a shove. While going to the ground, didn’t maintain possession of dignity, it’s a shove. Index card says it’s a shove. No indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field.

Mistrial.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/977289630507712513[/tweet]

Video link to today's police press conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djGXdYMObkGZ[/urltargetblank][tweet]https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/977271563190919168[/tweet]

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
There's a dog in Tampa that just pumped his paw in the air and paw bumped his brosefs in the kennels.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3bfy89ez said:
There's a dog in Tampa that just pumped his paw in the air and paw bumped his brosefs in the kennels.

Now this is some quality Michael Bennett history.

Bennett leaves and we get Barkevious Mingo on the team... coincidence? I THINK NOT.

original poster

Reaction score
original poster":1prc0zjq said:
brimsalabim":1prc0zjq said:

No, they can’t.

Just to add to this, the only way out of a trade is by way of a failed physical.

Chapow

Reaction score
replicant":2d9tnbbg said:
Chief of Police Art Acevedo spoke at length about the alleged situation. Here’s a recap of what he had to say.

Acevedo said there is no video or photographic evidence of Bennett pushing anyone. He says one officer witnessed the alleged incident take place.
Acevedo said Bennett pushed one male security guard and one female security guard before pushing a 66-year-old black female paraplegic female security guard. He said the officer who tried to detain Bennett had his attention on the elderly woman and lost track of Bennett in the large amount of people who were on the field.
Acevedo claims Bennett said “F*** you” to the officer trying to detain him. He also claims Bennett said “You all must know who I am, I could own this motherf***er.”
Acevedo said he suspects Bennett could have been under the influence of alcohol.
Acevedo said the elderly woman suffered a sprained shoulder.
Acevedo described Bennett as “morally bankrupt” for “putting [his] hands on a little old lady.”
Acevedo called for Bennett to “turn himself in as soon as possible.”
Acevedo said the Houston PD has been in touch with the NFL.
Acevedo said the reason why this indictment came to light 14 months after the alleged incident is because the department had to prioritize their cases.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... hia-eagles

Never mind.

Not even worth trying to discuss this here.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
There were at least 4 witnesses of what happened(The policeman and the three guards). A grand jury decided there was enough evidence to prosecute. I'm thinking this isn't something they just made up out of thin air.
They already said why this is being taken care of now. They had other cases to prioritize before this one. Bennet has shown who he is. Glad he is gone.

mrt144

Reaction score
Houston PD tipped their hand with the faux moral outrage in 'morally bankrupt'.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
mrt144":qrs87vku said:
Houston PD tipped their hand with the faux moral outrage in 'morally bankrupt'.
What do you mean by tipped their hand? And why are you saying Houston PD?
Edit never mind on the Houston PD didn't realize this took place in Houston. I'm still confused by what you mean by tipped their hand though.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
original poster":2yprg8lm said:
original poster":2yprg8lm said:
brimsalabim":2yprg8lm said:

No, they can’t.

Just to add to this, the only way out of a trade is by way of a failed physical.
Physical exam not mental exam right?

kidhawk

Reaction score
This is the last reminder. The few of you who continue to post stuff about his previous run in with the law or his anthem protests are going to get this thread locked. Keep this thread on the topic of Michael Bennett being charged in this case.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I wonder of the Eagles will release him?? Players have been let go for a lot less. I can't see that franchise which could win another sb wanting this guy around. Or will he just get away with it and cry the victim act??

Jville

Reaction score
Easy does it ........ [tweet]https://twitter.com/RealDGunnNBCS/status/977260806533472256[/tweet] ....... no impact on the trade.

toffee

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3v05tpv5 said:
I wonder of the Eagles will release him?? Players have been let go for a lot less. I can't see that franchise which could win another sb wanting this guy around. Or will he just get away with it and cry the victim act??

So long the Eagles can't return him to us.

kobebryant

Reaction score
This just feels off. The man has a field pass, going on word of mouth over a year later, and with all the grandstanding by the leos. Nah man.

So much coded language from the police chief.