Michael Bennett indicted by Harris County grand jury

BigMeach

Reaction score
kobebryant":260xwqiz said:
This just feels off. The man has a field pass, going on word of mouth over a year later, and with all the grandstanding by the leos. Nah man.

So much coded language from the police chief.

From the press conference it's been heard both ways that he did or did not have a pass. But it is explicitly stated that didn't matter. At that point there were so many people on the field they were not letting anyone in. Credentials doesn't guarantee you will be able to go in. Also, when you are told no you cannot come in your reaction should not be to start shoving people out of your way.

The moment he shoves people it is now assault, it doesn't matter how hard. But the fact that he injured a 66 year old paraplegic woman who then went to the doctor and has proof of said injury, it is very serious if she wants to press charges.

BigMeach

Reaction score
kobebryant":5b9we1xp said:
I predict that this gets dismissed before it goes to trial.

I think it's going to highly depend on the lady who was injured. If she wants this pursued it will be.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BigMeach":1b5szihe said:
kobebryant":1b5szihe said:

I think it's going to highly depend on the lady who was injured. If she wants this pursued it will be.

So basically how much money does she want? That is what will determine whether it goes to trial or not.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1ena161a said:
BigMeach":1ena161a said:
kobebryant":1ena161a said:

So basically how much money does she want? That is what will determine whether it goes to trial or not.

Not really. If she wants money and they have the witnesses already mentioned then she will get the money either way. A criminal conviction won’t affect the civil part negatively

In reality she could likely have gotten a quick settlement by not pursuing criminal charges as it benefits Bennett for this to go away quietly

pmedic920

Reaction score
BigMeach":325r4oa9 said:
kobebryant":325r4oa9 said:

I could be wrong but I don’t think the “lady” is pressing charges.

She could play a role in how it gets resolved but I don’t believe the “charges”, and Grand jury were up too her.

Many States have laws that don’t allow for a victim to say they don’t want to “press charges”

DV is a common one, if the cops show up, and see injuries, the State presses charges. The victim has no choice in the matter.

Anybody that wants to blame this “lady”, her age, race, sex, or disability, or the company that hired her is a complete idiot.

MB and his sense of entitlement is 100% to blame, period.

Opposing opinions are absolutely welcome but no one will convince me otherwise.

HawkGA

Reaction score
It won't get dismissed before trial. There might be some sort of plea deal such that it doesn't go to trial, but it won't get dismissed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kobebryant":3vsd5iwc said:
This just feels off. The man has a field pass, going on word of mouth over a year later, and with all the grandstanding by the leos. Nah man.

Yeah. Many time over everything about this sounds off.

An officer witnesses a guy committing two felonies but doesn’t bother arresting him,and then the police chief shows up a year and a half later grandstanding and suggesting he could have even been drunk. The claimed quotes — I guess based on memory a year and a half later — sounds as phony as a three dollar bill too.

As background this is the same police chief from Austin when cops tackled that jogger to the ground for jaywalking — he said that she was lucky she was in Austin because his officers just tackled her whereas in other places the officers would have sexually assaulted her. :?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1sojy660 said:
kobebryant":1sojy660 said:

An officer witnesses a guy committing two felonies but doesn’t bother arresting him,and then the police chief shows up a year and a half later grandstanding and suggesting he could have even been drunk. The claimed quotes — I guess based on memory a year and a half later — sounds as phony as a three dollar bill too.

As background this is the same police chief from Austin when cops tackled that jogger to the ground for jaywalking — he said that she was lucky she was in Austin because his officers just tackled her whereas in other places the officers would have sexually assaulted her. :?

Yep you are right...conspiracy to get Bennett...let's get Scully and Mulder on this... :roll:

kobebryant

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3muh108c said:
kobebryant":3muh108c said:

Yep, so many things feel off.

What kind of police officer witnesses the assault of an elderly person with disabilities and doesn’t arrest the suspect right away? No video evidence at the Super Bowl of all places? Police Chief claiming they couldn’t find him - he appeared on the NFL network set? Now these grandstanding quotes from the chief about someone who hasn’t been convicted, essentially now tainting the objectivity of the proceedings? No medical records of said shoulder injury? Prioritizing more important cases, like the missing Tom Brady jersey?

The involvement of Rusty Hardin suggests that this is going to go away.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3ssn8eb7 said:
Popeyejones":3ssn8eb7 said:
kobebryant":3ssn8eb7 said:

What kind of police officer witnesses the assault of an elderly person with disabilities and doesn’t arrest the suspect right away? No video evidence at the Super Bowl of all places? Police Chief claiming they couldn’t find him - he appeared on the NFL network set? Now these grandstanding quotes from the chief about someone who hasn’t been convicted, essentially now tainting the objectivity of the proceedings? No medical records of said shoulder injury? Prioritizing more important cases, like the missing Tom Brady jersey?

The mental gymnastics some take to keep their “heroes” clean is unsurprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1s7s536a said:
kobebryant":1s7s536a said:
Popeyejones":1s7s536a said:
kobebryant":1s7s536a said:

The mental gymnastics some take to keep their “heroes” clean is unsurprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I’m not clear.

Michael Bennett is Kobe’s hero, my hero, or is both ours hero? :lol:

toffee

Reaction score
Watched that press conference, man oh man, lots and lots of people on stage in uniform or otherwise. One would think that it was the aftermath of a mass shooting, a train robbery, major natural disaster, or giving thoughts and prayers to something important. ALL those people, mostly on government payroll, spent hours, travelling expenses for a year old push and shove?

Really?

Bennett was clearly drunk and wrong, he deserve whatever he gets for his deed. But not the grandstanding.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
ALL of this could have been avoided IF MB has just done as he was told by a person or persons who had the authority to do so. He chose to ignore that authority. Now, he will find out what authority means in the court system. I do not feel bad for him.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":330ipecf said:
seahawkfreak":330ipecf said:
Blind lady ushers fans to their seat, fails.......Why?

Still struggling

Not really sure why you think you have the smug high ground here. Companies are not compelled to hire people that are not able to physically do the said profession. The Disabilities act only says you cannot discriminate against someone with a disability, if they can perform said job.

You want argue that a that a senior citizen that is paraplegic can perform security fine but a company is not obliged if they feel if the jobs duty cannot be physically performed. I have nothing against handicap people so stop trying to be a hero. Certain jobs have to have physical standards.

HawkGA

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":28tv0fpe said:
Uncle Si":28tv0fpe said:
seahawkfreak":28tv0fpe said:

Still struggling

Not really sure why you think you have the smug high ground here. Companies are not compelled to hire people that are not able to physically do the said profession. The Disabilities act only says you cannot discriminate against someone with a disability, if they can perform said job.

You want argue that a that a senior citizen that is paraplegic can perform security fine but a company is not obliged if they feel if the jobs duty cannot be physically performed. I have nothing against handicap people so stop trying to be a hero. Certain jobs have to have physical standards.

Have we established that she was an usher and not a bouncer?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":26mrsajs said:
Uncle Si":26mrsajs said:
seahawkfreak":26mrsajs said:

Still struggling

Smug high ground? Is that better or worse then petulant straw arguments?

You're painting a false equivalency and have yet to demonstrate you understand the difference in the requirements of any of the positions these jobs would have from hire to hire. Your comment on a blind person being an usher is a stark reflection of how desperate you are to try and link that together with little understanding of the differences.

But yeah... keep thinking that security guards, ushers... basically every job has the same performance duties.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Some must have a hard time understanding that most every stadium in pro and amateur sports hire many physically and mentally disabled workers. I had the pleasure of working with several in my past work history, and most absolutely love it because they wouldn't be given a chance in any other work place.