Michael Bennett settles with Tampa kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davehawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":14zz1gsz said:
Davehawk":14zz1gsz said:
Bennett could have funded a dog fighting ring and some people here would still defend him.
Riiggghhhhttt

I read a lot of posts around here, and although I don't post much I see that mentality all the time. I'm not the only person that has noticed that certain people will excuse away almost anything because he's "our guy". I'm not talking about just this issue either, it's just something I've noticed as a general theme with some people on .net

Now go ahead and tell me abandoning your dog, no matter where, is a good thing.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Davehawk":335pl93g said:
-The Glove-":335pl93g said:
Davehawk":335pl93g said:
Bennett could have funded a dog fighting ring and some people here would still defend him.
Riiggghhhhttt

I read a lot of posts around here, and although I don't post much I see that mentality all the time. I'm not the only person that has noticed that certain people will excuse away almost anything because he's "our guy". I'm not talking about just this issue either, it's just something I've noticed as a general theme with some people on .net

Bennett "abandoned" the dog? How do you know this? Or have you already passed judgement sans the details?

How can leaving a dog at a kennel be a bad thing?

Does anyone know for a FACT that didn't tell them to find it a new home?

Read the Sob Story that the lawyer wrote up (the same lawyer who just collected a bunch of dough and a spot in the headlines) and tell me that your bullshit alarm isn't going off.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Davehawk":18figwg7 said:
-The Glove-":18figwg7 said:
Davehawk":18figwg7 said:
Riiggghhhhttt

How is it bad that he left his animal under professional care? The ONLY reason this is news is because they couldn't contact him to get their money and took him to court. If he'd paid up, this would be a non-story. That tells me that this should really be less about the animal and more about the fact that he just doesn't pay his bills. That's really all this is about.

I said it above....everyday across this country, pets are put to sleep due to the fact that their owners can no longer care for them. It's a fairly cheap option that nobody blinks an eye over, but when someone puts a dog in a care facility where it won't be killed, then he's some kind of monster. It makes no sense to me.

Was this a bright move on Bennett's part? No it was not.

Was this animal cruelty? Far from it.

And before you ask....yes I'm a dog owner, and no I would never leave my dog behind.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
ivotuk":3buaofr9 said:
Davehawk":3buaofr9 said:
-The Glove-":3buaofr9 said:
Davehawk":3buaofr9 said:
Riiggghhhhttt

Bennett "abandoned" the dog? How do you know this? Or have you already passed judgement sans the details?

How can leaving a dog at a kennel be a bad thing?

Does anyone know for a FACT that didn't tell them to find it a new home?

Read the Sob Story that the lawyer wrote up (the same lawyer who just collected a bunch of dough and a spot in the headlines) and tell me that your bullshit alarm isn't going off.

Lawyer took the case pro bono (i.e. solely for the publicity).

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
It literally gives me zero feelings that he left that dog at the kennel. I'd honestly be more upset if I found out he's never seen Star Wars or he enjoys the show Felicity.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've tried to watch Star Wars... Couldn't make it past the first 10 minutes of any of the movies...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Either it was his dog or it wasn't. We don't know his side of the story. Unless Bennett tells it there is only the kennels account of events to go on. So right now Bennett is a butt head.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Throwdown":15xigxjn said:
I've tried to watch Star Wars... Couldn't make it past the first 10 minutes of any of the movies...

I'm more upset about that than I am about Michael Bennett's dog.

Davehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1xbgdme1 said:
Davehawk":1xbgdme1 said:
-The Glove-":1xbgdme1 said:
Davehawk":1xbgdme1 said:
Riiggghhhhttt

How is it bad that he left his animal under professional care? The ONLY reason this is news is because they couldn't contact him to get their money and took him to court. If he'd paid up, this would be a non-story. That tells me that this should really be less about the animal and more about the fact that he just doesn't pay his bills. That's really all this is about.

I said it above....everyday across this country, pets are put to sleep due to the fact that their owners can no longer care for them. It's a fairly cheap option that nobody blinks an eye over, but when someone puts a dog in a care facility where it won't be killed, then he's some kind of monster. It makes no sense to me.

Was this a bright move on Bennett's part? No it was not.

Was this animal cruelty? Far from it.

And before you ask....yes I'm a dog owner, and no I would never leave my dog behind.

I didn't say it was animal cruelty, I was remarking more on some of the posters here. He left his dog behind and never went back to get it or sent for it to be transported and that makes him kind of a jerk in my book. And yes it's also about him not paying his bills, which also makes him kind of a jerk.

He's not a monster, just irresponsible.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":22ms5r24 said:
Throwdown":22ms5r24 said:

Totally understandable!

Even as a man who's obsessed with dogs like myself (and in the market for a large breed like a boxer, just not a boxer), I'm finding it hard to be outraged that the dog was left in the care of a kennel instead of left at a shelter where eventually if it wasn't adopted it was gonna be put to sleep. Granted he should've looked for rescue programs to give the dog too, but in a career where things happen quickly, I can see how that error in judgement was made.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Throwdown":35asbq78 said:
Totally understandable!

Even as a man who's obsessed with dogs like myself (and in the market for a bigger dog), I'm finding it hard to be outraged that the dog was left in the care of a kennel instead of left at a shelter where eventually if it wasn't adopted it was gonna be put to sleep. Granted he should've looked for rescue programs to give the dog too, but in a career where things happen quickly, I can see how that error in judgement was made.

agreed. same with kids at day care

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Lets get mad at Bennett for abandoning a dog at the one place in th world where a dog would be properly taken care of.

probably his wife's dog anyways. Our dogs belong to my wife. I claim no ownership.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me. I'm a big dog lover and I think this is so stupid. People are not gonna like Bennett as much? Cause he "abandoned" a dog at a kennel who's sole job is to take care of dogs. Yeesh, what a terrible human being.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":320j0kg4 said:
Throwdown":320j0kg4 said:

Then how could he understand how Pam Oliver looks just like Chewie. I know the idea of pics works sometimes, but the walk the talk and the idea....concepts take time to understand. I have all the movies at the moment. All on DVD and some on VHS which are the old first run models. :mrgreen:

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Lol, color me surprised! Bennett is about as dumb as a box of rocks guys. Seriously, not a smart man by any means. He's just so, awkwardly stupid its hard to describe. I don't think he left his dog there to be mean to it.. I'm sure he literally just forgot where he put the critter.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Dogs are loyal. Humans... not so much.

We don't know the full story, but from what info there is... it's a bit disappointing. But, if we all knew everything about the lives of each of the Seahawks players, perhaps those losing respect for MB now would lose respect for many more. When we hear of the speck of sawdust in their eye, we tend to judge dismissing the plank in our own eye. Since this is getting press, perhaps MB will make some sort of statement.

Dogs have a special place in my heart. One of my first dogs was stolen when I was a very young boy - on a night I got out of the hospital, too.

Our pet (not a dog) died a couple of days ago. I get REALLY attached to pets so I'm pretty bummed out this week.

Hachiko / Hachi
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1028532/
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1& ... 7s%20Story

Smellyman

Reaction score
BlueBlood":ya5crnc2 said:
Lol, color me surprised! Bennett is about as dumb as a box of rocks guys. Seriously, not a smart man by any means. He's just so, awkwardly stupid its hard to describe. I don't think he left his dog there to be mean to it.. I'm sure he literally just forgot where he put the critter.

wow. I hate that he left his dog, but MB is funny, engaging, clever, quick.....not dumb at all

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He shoved his responsiabuilities onto some one else despite the fact that he is a man of means and was well able to take care of them his weak self. He is a but head but as long as he can play football it won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.