Michael Bennett settles with Tampa kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Smellyman":1epvo1em said:
BlueBlood":1epvo1em said:
Lol, color me surprised! Bennett is about as dumb as a box of rocks guys. Seriously, not a smart man by any means. He's just so, awkwardly stupid its hard to describe. I don't think he left his dog there to be mean to it.. I'm sure he literally just forgot where he put the critter.

wow. I hate that he left his dog, but MB is funny, engaging, clever, quick.....not dumb at all

Thoroughly disagree

Throwdown

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1ga3sjd2 said:
Smellyman":1ga3sjd2 said:
BlueBlood":1ga3sjd2 said:
Lol, color me surprised! Bennett is about as dumb as a box of rocks guys. Seriously, not a smart man by any means. He's just so, awkwardly stupid its hard to describe. I don't think he left his dog there to be mean to it.. I'm sure he literally just forgot where he put the critter.

wow. I hate that he left his dog, but MB is funny, engaging, clever, quick.....not dumb at all

Thoroughly disagree

What makes him stupid again? Are you still mad he asked your son "what it do?" Cuz that's literally the pettiest thing I've ever witnessed on this site.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
BlueBlood":11ojz786 said:

I dare you to say that to his face. Dare you.

Quit acting like you know Michael Bennett because of the story you made up of how he was mean to your son.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I have 3 dogs and a cat. My household would definately be considered animal lovers. Here's how I see that the whole thing went down.

Puppies are usually adopted at about 8 weeks. The puppy in question was "abandoned" at 4 months. That means the Bennett's probably had the puppy somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 months. When the puppy was adopted they may not have known that they would be moving across country. When his signing with the Seahawks went down and a subsequent move 2500 miles ensued, perhaps a simple decision to give the puppy up to a kennel seemed like the best decision. For the first roughly 6 months of a puppies life, they should not be taken outside your own yard until all Parvo shots have been given. A puppy can pick up Parvo from just walking on the ground that another dog with Parvo has been on months earlier. Parvo is a horrible fatal disease in dogs.

Moving across country with a 4 month old puppy that needs lots if extra care and attention is not an easy feat. It's like a newborn baby that doesn't wear diapers. I wonder if the decision was made to give up the dog and someone just screwed up the communication. Bennett, his wife, the kennel or anyone else could have just neglected to check the right box or inform the right parties.

It all seems pretty innocent to me until the lawyers get involved. $15,000? Seriously???

volsunghawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":64o93eom said:
I have 3 dogs and a cat. My household would definately be considered animal lovers. Here's how I see that the whole thing went down.

Puppies are usually adopted at about 8 weeks. The puppy in question was "abandoned" at 4 months. That means the Bennett's probably had the puppy somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 months. When the puppy was adopted they may not have known that they would be moving across country. When his signing with the Seahawks went down and a subsequent move 2500 miles ensued, perhaps a simple decision to give the puppy up to a kennel seemed like the best decision. For the first roughly 6 months of a puppies life, they should not be taken outside your own yard until all Parvo shots have been given. A puppy can pick up Parvo from just walking on the ground that another dog with Parvo has been on months earlier. Parvo is a horrible fatal disease in dogs.

Moving across country with a 4 month old puppy that needs lots if extra care and attention is not an easy feat. It's like a newborn baby that doesn't wear diapers. I wonder if the decision was made to give up the dog and someone just screwed up the communication. Bennett, his wife, the kennel or anyone else could have just neglected to check the right box or inform the right parties.

It all seems pretty innocent to me until the lawyers get involved. $15,000? Seriously???

How dare you bring perspective and rational thought into a discussion like this? You're worse than Bennett.

Subzero717

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1riuryfu said:
CALIHAWK1":1riuryfu said:
What the F cost $15,000?
consider it a fine for Being a dick head.
So the kennel gets $15,000 due to the fact that it just so happen to be an NFL player. Aint our legal system grand.

Being a dick head would have been driving it to a field and dumping it.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2fgippgp said:
oldhawkfan":2fgippgp said:

How dare you bring perspective and rational thought into a discussion like this? You're worse than Bennett.

Yeah, I could see it this way. Which is why MB might want to make some sort of public statement. The online news report essentially said he didn't return calls or anything like that. Not sure if he declined interview or what.

That's the thing that goes with the territory of being a public figure. You lose some of the private life perks and your life will be scrutinized by the public. If it truly is a situation like proposed here, it wouldn't hurt to say something to clarify all the speculation. If he messed up, perhaps it wouldn't hurt to say he messed up.

Try not to laugh, but wouldn't it have been nice for the reporter to get the facts before publishing the story?

A

Anonymous

TeamoftheCentury":3lukzskg said:
Try not to laugh, but wouldn't it have been nice for the reporter to get the facts before publishing the story?

There you go trying to be all exactly correct again...

Status
Not open for further replies.