Michael Brooks Released/Harvin Activated

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just came through officially from my seahawks app. Now we have to wait and see if he can practice and be active for game day this week

MattR92

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":h76ktw3y said:
Should have cut Hauptmann instead. But that is a minor quibble.

They probably will when Okung comes back.

OrFan

Reaction score
OMG no! Not Michael Brooks!

Who? Was he on our roster? Seriously, the lesser players that don't regularly contribute do not mean much to me.

Harvin activated, now that means a bunch.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Brooks played in yesterday's game and did well. His release probably means that McDaniel and Bryant may be back this week as well.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3a7cqqtg said:
Uhh, no. Hauptmann is our #2 center right now, so unless and until Unger is fully cleared he's not going anywhere. He's also a backup tackle and we still have 2 of them who aren't officially good to go yet either.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Can Brooks be resigned to the PS? Good news on Harvin.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2v753wkq said:
Has Brooks seen any play time this Regular Season?
Yes, and played well....just yesterday. Did you not even watch the game?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
NorthDallas40oz":3cklot6p said:
Smelly McUgly":3cklot6p said:
Uhh, no. Hauptmann is our #2 center right now, so unless and until Unger is fully cleared he's not going anywhere. He's also a backup tackle and we still have 2 of them who aren't officially good to go yet either.

You may have a point with the backup center note, but Okung and Breno are pretty much back this week if I have parsed Carroll's coach-speak correctly.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":16adi5cm said:
NorthDallas40oz":16adi5cm said:
Smelly McUgly":16adi5cm said:

You may have a point with the backup center note, but Okung and Breno are pretty much back this week if I have parsed Carroll's coach-speak correctly.
They're simply going to try to practice for the first time in 6+ weeks. That's a far shot from being game ready.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":8zvwo2ru said:
Just came through officially from my seahawks app. Now we have to wait and see if he can practice and be active for game day this week

I thought I read somewhere he was already practicing last week and made it through individual drills.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Brooks played well yesterday...hope he can get back on the practice squad.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
OrFan":2nhgxrj0 said:
OMG no! Not Michael Brooks!

Who? Was he on our roster? Seriously, the lesser players that don't regularly contribute do not mean much to me.

Harvin activated, now that means a bunch.

Geez. Some of you guys need to pay a bit more attention.

http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 11xml.html

Few have experienced the ups and downs of that this season as much as Seattle defensive tackle Michael Brooks, who has been released by the Seahawks four times since Aug. 31 only to be re-signed to the practice squad.

Saturday, though, came the call that made it all worth it as Brooks was named to the active roster (taking the place of receiver Bryan Walters, who was released), called up to add depth with end Red Bryant and tackle Jordan Hill out with injuries.

“He had a fantastic week of practice,” Seattle coach Pete Carroll said of Brooks, an undrafted free agent from East Carolina who the Seahawks first signed in May. “He competed so well during the week that we wanted him to get out there.”

It didn’t take long for Brooks to make the decision look good as he stopped a Steven Jackson run for no gain on the first play of his career late in the first quarter.

Brooks played throughout, usually in early-down run situations, as the team was able to weather the loss of Bryant.

Latest posts