Michael Floyd released

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^yep.

On top of that they get to take a look at him in their system before he hits FA (they have a ton of cap room next year), and if they decide another contract for him is too rich for their blood, he enters into their comp formula too. :lol:

Really a can't lose move for them. Kinda shocked that nobody ahead of them in the waiver order beat them to it, TBH.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":377ld28p said:
^^^yep.

On top of that they get to take a look at him in their system before he hits FA (they have a ton of cap room next year), and if they decide another contract for him is too rich for their blood, he enters into their comp formula too. :lol:

Really a can't lose move for them. Kinda shocked that nobody ahead of them in the waiver order beat them to it, TBH.

Is the waiver order the same as the draft order?

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":gk549qcu said:
Popeyejones":gk549qcu said:
^^^yep.

Is the waiver order the same as the draft order?
Basically, yes.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Geez, talk about an upgrade for Floyd.....going from a team going down the drain to the best franchise in the league.

What a punishment :roll:

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
lsheldon":1ztleelz said:
In case no one posted this, video is out of body cam footage of Floyd passed out behind the wheel at intersection and police finding him. Pretty sad to see what happened. Wonder if NE would of still claimed him if they had seen this first.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/20/michael-f ... est-video/

Drunk and passed out behind the wheel, is drunk and passed out behind the wheel. I don't see any difference between hearing about it, and seeing it. If the Patriots see a difference now, they're being hypocritical IMO. The risk is that he kills someone on Rt 1 as a member of the Patriots. If they don't feel comfortable about him getting help, and taking it seriously, they should let him go. I get the feeling he's an OK guy with a problem.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Here is the embedded version of the video:

[youtube]xWxamuPhmrg[/youtube]

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
lsheldon":2r9gr5kh said:
...Wonder if NE would of still claimed him if they had seen this first...
The Patriots? Care about crap like this? The same team that jeopardized Julian Edelman's life by ignoring his obvious concussion during XLIX?

As far as I can tell, the Belichick/Brady/Kraft Patriots care about winning games, and only winning games, period. All the other stuff -- rules, norms, traditions, sportsmanship, safety -- apply to the other 31 teams, not New England.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
He blew at .217 and will have to serve mandatory jail time.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/811652420568682497[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/811651051942215680[/tweet]

lsheldon

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2zd5bpfq said:
He blew at .217 and will have to serve mandatory jail time.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/811652420568682497[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/811651051942215680[/tweet]

He looked pretty out of it in the video, but that is higher than I would have guessed. Hopefully he gets the help he needs to over come this. To see someone with so much going for them do stupid things like this is saddening.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1p433yo1 said:
lsheldon":1p433yo1 said:
The Patriots? Care about crap like this? The same team that jeopardized Julian Edelman's life by ignoring his obvious concussion during XLIX?

As far as I can tell, the Belichick/Brady/Kraft Patriots care about winning games, and only winning games, period. All the other stuff -- rules, norms, traditions, sportsmanship, safety -- apply to the other 31 teams, not New England.

*30 other teams

You're forgetting about the Cowboys. If this video were released before the Pats picked him up, Jerrrah and the GarrettBot would've been salivating all over it. Garrett preaches about having the right kind of guys who fit the Cowboy values, etc until that guy is a physical specimen who fills a huge team need....then the character thing gets to slide a little bit (Dez, Greg Hardy, Rolando McClain, Josh Brent, Randy Gregory, etc)

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":si51pfog said:
lsheldon":si51pfog said:

Sour grapes.

NINEster

Reaction score
BostonBlackie":8hmys92i said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":8hmys92i said:
lsheldon":8hmys92i said:

Sour grapes.

This is why your coach put in the claim on the waiver wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyXPzN2mUas

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
NINEster":2fb8iubg said:
BostonBlackie":2fb8iubg said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":2fb8iubg said:
lsheldon":2fb8iubg said:

Sour grapes.

This is why your coach put in the claim on the waiver wire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyXPzN2mUas

He claimed him because Amendola is down, Bennett is banged up, Gronk is gone, he has size, and we need help.