Michael Sam Sacks Johnny Manziel

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":2ftoxa1g said:
kearly":2ftoxa1g said:
Sam has two sacks now, I think. Matt Flynn was the first.

I've been comparing Manziel this preseason to 2012 Matt Flynn. It seems so perfect that Sam would get his two sacks on Flynn and Manziel, two QBs with poor pocket presence who overestimate their mobility.

Yes, you are correct.

Though I saw something on twitter that he might have had two this game.

Regardless - I like the emphasis on him playing football and not a social issue. No idea if he makes the team, but I keep to my stance that this showing the money sign to JFF is GREAT.

I actually hoped Hekker did it for no reason. JFF has set himself up for this. I do not think this is classless in response to him, as: He SET the stage for it.

Sorry MGirl.
No problem Alice you know the situation better then me. If you're okay with it it's good with me.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":2hxubco9 said:
They actually credited Sam with two sacks on Manziel.

That explains the twitter I saw. Are they actual sacks? I have only seen replay of one. Which was great.

He is probably going to make the team on ST. I see no way he beats out Westbrook.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
RedAlice":yxcr4guv said:
Sherman4Prez":yxcr4guv said:

That explains the twitter I saw. Are they actual sacks? I have only seen replay of one. Which was great.

He is probably going to make the team on ST. I see no way he beats out Westbrook.

2nd sack was the last play of the game. Several players got to Manziel but Sam was at the bottom of the pile. Sam shoved an offensive line after the play.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2mfyj5tw said:
RedAlice":2mfyj5tw said:
Sherman4Prez":2mfyj5tw said:

2nd sack was the last play of the game. Several players got to Manziel but Sam was at the bottom of the pile. Sam shoved an offensive line after the play.

Nice. Thank you for sharing.

I am hoping my whatever I signed up for on nfl.com let's me watch this game today.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":3lokbgpu said:
MICHAEL SAM SACKS JOHNNY MANZIEL

Live from ESPN headquarters in Bristol, CT

3415e029140af4cbd69a945f498f47fb

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Sam has been impressive. It looks obvious to me why he was SEC Defensive Player of the Year. I think people actually trivializing what he has been doing because of the gay thing, saying, "oh..it is only 1 sack..blah blah blah" but when you watch him during the games, he is pretty tenacious, has an explosive first steps, and uses his arms well. He's better than a 7th round pick, that's for sure. 3 sacks during the preseason, a few QB pressures; and he's disruptive .

If the Rams cut him, he'll be signed relatively quickly by another team. No way will they be able to stash him on the practice squad.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3smfpsax said:
lsheldon":3smfpsax said:
I heard one of the announcers during the Colts & Saints game tonight state that opposing teams are afraid of caveman Luck. Anyone else hear that, or was I imagining things?

Wouldnt be shocked...the Media treats Luck like a QB GOD even though he hasnt done ANYTHING
But he has ..If you watched the game ,you saw the stats from Luck/Brees first 2 years and Luck blows him away..I'm not going to say Luck will be better than Brees but numbers do mean something..I think most qbs in first 2 yrs aren't that great(stat wise) but you know which ones are getting better after 2 yrs and he is one of them...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yes, yes, Indy; we know, Luck's already a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer and this year starts his run of 10 Lombardi Trophies in a row.